Smartwatches

What does Sup Forums think of smartwatches? Are cheapo Chinese ones worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/302089559834?rmvSB=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're a gimmicky meme.
There is no reason to have one.

I hate having something on my wrist.
But I really like the idea of smartwatch being just an extension of a smartphone. So because of that I think apple watch is the best on the market

i don't trust cheap batteries near my wrist, what if this shit caught fire?

The only people I've seen wear them are pretentious faggots that drink too much consumer tech kool-aid.

Unless you get 100+ notification a days it's just a meme you have to charge everyday

Do you need notifications on your wrist badly enough to bother charging it every day?

Short of that, the Mi Band 2 is the only cheap one that's worthwhile since it actually has multiple week battery life.

Not worth it unless you get a massive amount of text based communication. Will work out great if you're in the IT industry and need to monitor alerts. The only other use is if you always have a bluetooth headset on, and get an insane amount of calls. Otherwise it's a waste and a $30 chinese one will do. $300+ smartwatches are a waste

huawei watch refurb for $169 on newegg: ebay.com/itm/302089559834?rmvSB=true

doesnt accept credit cards outside US so fuck em

ITT : we post our thoughts about what we imagine a smart watch is. No idea how onw is used.

this is enough reason to not wear a chinese watch

The only reason I ever bought my zenwatch was because the vibration motor in my zenfone died. It was my only way of getting notifications without pulling my phone out every two minutes. Ever since I bought a new phone I've had no use for it at all and it's been collecting dust ever since.
>inb4 Asus shill, it was the cheapest non ripoff smartwatch at $100

I'm hoping they get better. Wrist comms in sci-fi shows are cool as fuck.

want to gift it to me, user? it would be good karma

They have other uses too. It's an extension of your phone.

I use my pebble for notifications and to control my music player.

Truth be told its ok, i really only like it for using it as a emergency cell phone. Battery last 5 hours min usage, also it doesn't take the standard micro SD only micro TF cards.

I like my Sony Smartwatch 3, having notifications on my wrist is handy. Now if only Google would get around to enabling NFC payments on the SW3 and LG Urbane 2 LTE.

Buy an expensive Samsung one instead.

I might get one in 5-10 years once they're worth a shit, have nicer designs and last at least a week with moderate-heavy use before needing a charge.

I remember Pebble being hyped. Didn't that fail hard? I don't even hear about it anymore.

Smartwatches are mostly useless and just look cool, unless you have something like Samsung gear which has a camera and cool tech you wouldn't expect on it, but watches such as the U8 Smart Watch (which is about £7-14 UK) are pretty cool and can deliver functions such as playing music and texting and is also really cost effective. From my experience with the U8 it's pretty good and not what you expect from an £7 smart watch, so if you were to get a smart watch but can't afford Samsung gear (or don't have a compatible phone) then get a U8.

Actual usefulness? For the vast majority of people, no.
For bragging? Yeah probably but a cheap chink one will work for that too, because the real ones are so rare nobody could spot the difference anyway

You mean the pebble steel time?

Pebble Time 2 or Huawei Watch, hands down

I'm getting that one for free. I'm not sure how useful it would be. I'm not exactly the kind of person to want to display new tech around like an idiot either. But it's fucking free. I'm thinking of selling it.

Show me your watch face motherfuckers

Pebble watches are great for what a smartwatch actually does (notifications).

E-ink for readability and battery life.

I have an Apple Watch 2. Smartwatches are very useful if you have an office job.

>Samsung
>In charge of not making exploding batteries.

ayyyyy

I bought a chink watch running Android 5.1 a few weeks back. It's pretty neat for shit posting

>Not worth it unless you get a massive amount of text based communication
In hospitals we still use pagers, they just werk

>But I really like the idea of smartwatch being just an extension of a smartphone

almost every smart watch on the market is this, applels product is the best because of that?

top kek