So apple's top MBP will have a Radeon pro 460, but the new surface book will have a GTX 965m...

So apple's top MBP will have a Radeon pro 460, but the new surface book will have a GTX 965m, so which is faster in graphics performance? (They both cost around 2500$)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/HFtfm8
bizon-tech.com/us/bizonbox2-egpu.html/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pcpartpicker.com/list/HFtfm8

How is this relevant?

Think about it.

>GPU on a laptop
who cares?

on paper probably the nvidia, in context to practical usage, it'd differ. Like photoshop/prem pro.

either way they're both shit for their price, rather buy a 2013/2014 rmbp or a thinkpad.

this may get a lot of shit but people really need to stop brandfagging.

I have thought about it to no avail.

Probably the surface, however what's the point of spending $2500 on either. Both are incapable of anything apart from shitposting and word.

The 460 is a nice GPU, and the 965M is no slouch either.

I have a top spec'd 2013 MBP and there hasn't been enough of a bump for me to get anything else. Agreed.

What do you imagine when you refer to it as a laptop in such a way? It's literally a computer, usually fairly powerful given the thermal and power envelope it stays within.

This

460 is newer gen, it'd probably have a marginal advantage

wait for the SB refresh tho, 1000 series in mobile will rek them all

>MPB vs SB

They're not really comparable, user. One can become a large tablet and features pen input.

>Both are incapable of anything apart from shitposting and word.

Not really. But if you aren't going to use the pen input, or the detachable screen, the SB isn't worth the price.

yea man, hell I have a base model spec'd 2013 13" and it's more than enough for photoshop and lightroom.

yeah, i don't think i'll upgrade for a while. i spentt a fortune on mine. i come no where close to using it to its full capabilities. all i use it for is programming & surfing the web. if i use any VMs its 1 at most.

>wait for the SB refresh tho, 1000 series in mobile will rek them all
1. new mbp has tb3 instead of proprietary surfaceconnect and can already have a gtx-1080:
bizon-tech.com/us/bizonbox2-egpu.html/
2. polaris is competitive with pascal

>They're not really comparable, user. One can become a large tablet and features pen input.
how's that feature making sb a lesser subnotebook and making it non-comparable to other subnotebooks?

>MBP

>being this shit at shilling

Sup Forums is ded oldfag, getout while you can

People who want to use a laptop for GPU-heavy tasks

>fagintosh

Nice argument.

>one can become a large tablet

Yeah, for two and a half hours. Whoop de doo.

Better than zero.

I don't need a laptop that can withstand the ISS, I just need one I can shitpost on Sup Forums on and torrent hentai with

Does it matter? Microsoft will still call theirs "up to twice as fast" for no reason while Apple just markets theirs based on looks. They're an embarrassment to their forerunners.

No, it's basically exactly the same. If it's not a practical thing to do, you won't get into the habit of doing it, which means the feature might as well not be there at all.

If you want to use a tablet, get an iPad Pro. It's better at being a tablet anyway, seeing as 100% of its software is optimized for touch.

witcher 3 player pretty fucking well on the surfacebook before the last firmware update

>angrybirdsPad

Take your fruity toddler toy and fuck off.

A 12.9" iPad Pro has been my daily driver for two months, and it's awesome. If you doubt me or the wisdom of my choice, feel free to ask me anything you'd like.

It has MS Office and Remote Desktop, the latter of which is great for remotely administering my two Windows servers. I can handwrite notes, and I can even use it as an external display for a laptop or desktop, when I decide I need to do so.

No one cares iToddler.

I forgot to mention: it has LTE, which is hilariously practical, and an uncommon thing to find in laptops.

Yeah, I see this a lot.

You know what I don't see very often? An actual rebuttal. Just like I'm not seeing one now.

A Surface does all of that far better, and without the flaming homosexual fruit badge on the back, and has a keyboard that isn't a total steaming pile of shit like the memePad.

>rebuttal
(not the same person) Okay how about this, your response of Is subjective and depends on scenario.

LTE is by far the best part of using your iPad as a laptop.

Are you the watamote guy from that one thread and you told me that you thought they should be together then someone said that you should die in a fire?

>samefagging this hard

Especially cause the OS is shit.

Not him but they should be together.

I've been watching Watamote and I feel so bad for her but I'm always surprised that her brother actually bothers to listen to her.

Latest one I've seen is when she wants to watch the fireworks and ends up voyeuring a love hotel with some middle schoolers while the fireworks go off.

Such a bittersweet ending :)

>remote desktop
>on a fruitpad
>touch only
>to interact with a desktop OS
>no pen
>fucking atrocious keyboard

No fucking thanks.

>subjective

Sure, if you have specific software that only runs on Windows, you're going to want something that runs on Windows. But the majority of general-use tasks run more or less as well on an iPad as they do on Windows, with a few perks:

- iPads don't coerce you into updating.
- Digitizer. You get this on the Surface, sure, but on very few other laptops.
- LTE. Being able to access the internet literally anywhere is a major boon.
- Actual touch-friendly UI, end to end. None of this half-baked hybrid UI like on Windows.
- And other, lesser, specialized benefits.

Not that your post constituted a rebuttal anyway. It was basically a more verbose way of saying "NUH UH!"

The Surface has LTE, and you never have to worry about whether the app you want to use is optimized for touch or not? It's fanless, and you never have to worry about spilling anything on the keyboard, because the keyboard is waterproof?

The keyboard is fine, by the way. I actually prefer it to my old Microsoft foldable Bluetooth keyboard (which had switches very similar to the ones on the Surface keyboard).

>>The Surface has LTE, and you never have to worry about whether the app you want to use is optimized for touch or not?

>claims iToy is the greatest
>completely clueless about rest of market

Typical iToddler. see

Yeah, I remember that. I haven't finished the show but It's bretty gud. Plus:
>I've been watching Watamote and I feel so bad for her
That's because you see yourself in her. Just how shitty things are for her and then realizing its not dissimilar enough from your life. Either that or you are just genuinely empathetic.

This is why no on ever takes Appletards seriously. Owning an Apple product is essentially admitting technology illiteracy.

>Sure, if you have specific software that only runs on Windows

Like I said, it's subjective OR scenario based.

Yeah, I misfired on the Surface having LTE. It does offer it. Still, though, that's hardly a valid reason to throw out anything else I said.

>claims iToy is the greatest

I never said it was "the greatest", I just argued that it's a good, valid fit for many common use cases, including most cases where you want a tablet. The Surface Pro is a laptop, not a tablet, because Windows still relies heavily on having a keyboard and trackpad.

If you want a computer where you can reasonably expect to detach the keyboard, hold it in one hand, walk around with it, and lose absolutely none of the user experience, you aren't going to get a Surface.

I definitely see myself in her. Not to her extremes though.

I'm kind of afraid of finishing it... every time I finish a few episodes, I just think about it for a long time (play it back in my head in different ways, what I'd do, how I can make myself a better person).

I love how funny the show is sometimes :)

>If you want a computer

You aren't going to get a fagPad.

460 is faster than the 965m probably but not the 980m

>If you want a computer where you ca
>angrybirdsPad

Well of course not to her extremes, shes an exaggeration.

But yeah, the show makes you think how she could have not fucked up. I'm pretty sure the ending is an up-note in her life though.

You know what they say; When you're a jet you're a jet all the way, from your first cigarette to your last dying day.

You keep stating stuff such as
>If you want a computer where you can reasonably expect to detach the keyboard, hold it in one hand, walk around with it, and lose absolutely none of the user experience, you aren't going to get a Surface.

but not providing examples of apple succeeding and the competition falling.

its hard having a serious convo in this thread with all the cartoon girls showing their panties

this desu senpai

Anything with USB3 and up has had the ability to have an external GPU for years, moron. The very first I can think of off the top of my head was a proprietary Alienware one (used a proprietary PCIe cable) almost three years ago. USB3 ones followed shortly after, and now there are USB-C versions. Completely moot argument PLUS you're also suggesting that OP spends EVEN MORE than the $2500 on a fucking laptop while tethering it to a gigantic fucking non-portable brick.

Pretty great, isn't it?

Almost forgot to show you my favorite watamote picture

i want to fug kirie

She kinda looks like a chipmunk lol. Is this from the manga?

>The iPhone with a giant battery on the back
Always kek

Is this girl from that bakamari series or something ? I butchered the name I think.

Is it worth watching?

From Umaru?

It doesn't appear to be. Google reverse image search doesn't yield any results besides Imageboard archives.

sensei zetsubou. I haven't seen it, but from the vibe of the show and the following, it seems like it be worth giving a try.

I fucked up. This is my response to your question
>It doesn't appear to be. Google reverse image search doesn't yield any results besides Imageboard archives.

> Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei

I was actually mid way through this show and I forgot all about it (no wonder it was so familiar). Gonna finish it up... thanks :)

No problemo. Shit-posting Weeb-hate bait is what I do. Today was pretty good though in terms of the reaction.

The Macbook Pro.

The Surface Book still uses dual core ULP processors (i5-6300U to i7-6600U), the Macbook Pro uses quad core high performance graphics processors (i7-6700HQ to i7-6920HQ).

In terms of GPU, there aren't any benchmarks from AMD on the 450/455/460 chips yet, but the 460 on paper looks to be about the same performance as a GTX 965M, but on the Macbook Pro it comes with 4GB of VRAM, the Surface Book maxes out at 2GB VRAM.

>this may get a lot of shit but people really need to stop brandfagging.

You're still brandfagging for a fucking chinkpad.

thats not brandfagging you spooktard, those are the only two devices that last long and don't degrade in that time period. Asus/Acer/Dell/HP all fuck up their batteries and/or mobo components within 5 years.

brandfagging implies a person making their subjective opinion forced as an objective fact.

>Anything with USB3 and up has had the ability to have an external GPU for years, moron.
wrong, not enough bandwidth.
TB3 is the first one that has.

External GPUs have been possible since Thunderbolt 2, since it allows direct access to the PCI-E bus.

eGPU has been possible for a while through Expresscard.

Yeah that too, but Expresscard only has a single lane of PCI-E 1.0.

Thunderbolt 2 can support 4 lanes of PCI-E 2.0, Thunderbolt 3 can support 4 lanes of PCI-E 3.0.