youtube.com/watch?v=7tzfl1wTemM
github.com/WebAssembly/design/issues/112
Sup
wikihow.com/Test-a-Dog's-Intelligence
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The demo is pretty cool.

yeah ten years ago maybe

can't wait for the circle-jerk X language is better for the web than Y

Now the only thing left to do is to replace the rest of the browser stack.

>tfw just learned javascript

It will be nice to have a compiler target so we can all use java/c# on the net and stop having to use js.

The sheer difference between the productivity of backend and the productivity of frontend at my company is ridiculous.

>2016
>using java

You entire family deserves to be gassed.

Estimated time of release: Never

Doesn't even have a logo, shows how much they care about it.

ikr, even Sup Forums OS had a logo

finally i can compile node-js to browser js!

It's over webassembly is finished

It's an open standard, it doesn't really have a 'release'.
It's already an developer option on Chrome and Firefox. Mozilla say they're making it standard in Firefox in March.

This, it needs a dodgy drawing of a mythical creature or an animal to truly be called a project.

JVM (What number are we at now?).0

All right, now my remote document and file directory browser/viewr program is a full fledged runtime environment for remote software

This is THE most elegant solution

And I can't wait for SAAS to finally end this "owning software" heresy that lets people do such horrible things as find out when shit is spying on them.

Does this mean everything is sandboxed in that VM which can also control what kind of information I want to give programs access to?

it means that companies can now push code to the web as assembly which is much harder to decompile so we can finally have that proprietary web they all want so badly.

But it runs in a VM which controls what it can and cannot do dimwit. The web is already proprietary. What your browser sees isn't the whole thing.

>WebAssembly initially focuses on C/C++, and a new, clean WebAssembly backend is being developed in upstream clang/LLVM, which can then be used by LLVM-based projects like Emscripten and PNaCl.
What is Java about it?

It runs in the same sandbox as javascript applications. It's an intermediate language that you can compile to from another programming language like C/C++. It's similar to asm.js but they removed javascript from the thing entirely.

>already available in major browsers
>can use less optimised wasm.js/asm.js in the meantime which already work on normal Javascript implementations

Web browsing is about to get much faster.

wew lad. Some websites can take +5 seconds to load every thing.

Responsive, I see.

dumb phone users

>""""Web Assembly""""
It's just another virtual machine.

Get with the times, gramps.
Predictions say that in 2017, 75% of web traffic comes from mobile devices

It isn't, Sup Forums is just full of mongs who are grabbing a meme straws to sound intelligent.

>80% people have less than 115 IQ

Adds up

youtube.com/watch?v=7tzfl1wTemM

Well, it's *PRECISELY* 84% of people that have less than 115 IQ

It's still JavaScript you faggots, it's just compiled.

github.com/WebAssembly/design/issues/112
>WebAssembly Logo Contest

>you can't mock up charts

>forgetting the 0.1% /x/ posters

>he doesn't know the (((Truth)))

That's a pretty standard IQ chart

nice, I got Satan trips

>he doesn't know the (((Truth)))

It's not precisely 84%. You posted a bell curve which in of itself is a general estimation of things that sort of follow a bell distribution.

So you shouldn't have added "*PRECISELY*" to your post.

Sup Forums.exe

maybe you should do like literally 30s of googling & reading so you don't out yourself as a retard this quickly

Sorry. I know basic math so don't need to google such things.

Where do I belong on this?

Picture related, it's me.

wasm, why not WebAss

Someone should draw a logo for it.

wikihow.com/Test-a-Dog's-Intelligence

so it's some useless trash that nobody will seriously use?

Thank you.

It's too late at this hour to find a human to help me with these tests but I'll bookmark it.

Implying this will be used for anything else but browser games

So I guess I can just start using whatever this is and it will be compatible with all modern browsers?

logo

Holy christ this board is fucking dumb.

No, you retard, it isn't. It isn't even going to support JavaScript until several versions from now.

>doesnt even work on the most used web browser in the world
just

What did he mean by this?

>decode this.png
>cant even highlight it
wew fucking lad

FUCK

So what you're saying is that it will never be completed?

Whats wrong with java8?

I don't see the point of this. Pushing resource intensive code to the client's machine has always been a Bad Thing™ and JavaScript is good enough for what little code you need to make the UI work. What kind of code exactly are people gonna write with Wasm?

>250kb hello world

y-you too

Works in current Opera stable after you enable Experimental WebAssembly under opera:flags

this desu

I would like to have "binaries" for websites, like a blob, for Gmail, for example. That could be loaded fast, and would run native code. Or some "compile at load" style. NaCL was something similar but never got used for websites like this.

But, that's just a wet dream.
Ram hogging shitty javascript sites are here to stay, sadly.

>let's remove plaintext script for web
>and replace it with binary blobs
>don't worry user we're adding an option for devs to attach source code to blobs if they want to

t-thanks

this will just empower javascript.

feels good reactjs developer!

Here