>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1685
originativeco.com/products/tada68
youtube.com/watch?v=2Iz4ovUIWwQ&feature=youtu.be
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=594
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4gt2yn/buying_gateron_tactile_clears_67g_available_on/
deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Linear_Grey
deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Tactile_Grey
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1434
massdrop.com/buy/royal-kludge-rc930-87
maxkeyboard.com/max-keyboard-nighthawk-x9-red-backlit-mechanical-keyboard.html
amazon.com/Rosewill-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-RK-9100xRBR/dp/B00HA206FK/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1478051928&sr=1-3&keywords=rosewill+brown&th=1
youtube.com/watch?v=ZE6j4QNNtnU
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1763
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2034
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Has anyone ever handwired a mech with RGB LEDs? Is human brain even capable of that?
Custom PCBs don't count, obviously.

Hey I have that keyboard.
Its pretty good I rate it 8/10

what is the name of it?

Ducky One
This is the exact one I bought
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1685

Nice, thanks

>Has anyone ever handwired a mech with RGB LEDs?
I don't think anyone hates themselves that much.

They're on assdrop right now and I would like to buy them, but I think they look like shit on my black 108 key Ducky keyboard

if only the | \ key was also pink

yeah the oem black case on my pok3r didn't look great, so i got a purple gh60 case on aliexpress

No way, alphas in one colour and mods in the other is the only way to go. You can't just mix them up like that.

some sets sell those two alphas in the same color as the modifier and I think it looks better

btw i opened the thread, is there a designed person for this or anyone who sees thread's gonna end? i dont wanna steal ur jam m80's, newfriend here

bought this for about 50$ moosebux on amazon, i hear the switches are chinese knockoffs but i also heard it doesn't matter too much. How'd I do?

Not bad, it is a very solid keyboard for that price, just don't expect high build quality from it being so cheap. Ajazz and Magiforce also sell cheap keyboards that are also good.

>btw i opened the thread, is there a designed person for this or anyone who sees thread's gonna end?
no there is no designated person who does these, I've started them a couple of times before when there was no thread around.
If you do tho next time make sure to set the subject to:

/mkg/ - Mechanical Keyboard General

or else people will get pissy since you can't filter it.

shit i didn't think about that
Should I (or anyone else that isn't retarded) reopen it? It's still new so we can just let it die np

Forgot the image

you aren't the first person to do that mistake. Just let it go on as normal

Friendly reminder to please fall for the meme

If I take my old dome and slider keyboard that has tactile feedback then put a 55g spring in them, will it feel like a topre.

No.

The weight of Topre switches comes from the dome, not from the spring

But you should give that a try anyway.

haven't been here in awhile

what is this year's $150 memeboard?

Red Scarf

that thing looks fucking gay lmao

thats just the baby
Wait till you see the big brother

originativeco.com/products/tada68

You can turn the underlighting off and use a proper alu case to make it look better

Round two when?

>off brand cherry switches

I know right? Gateron, more like Gayteron

Is the $200 rubber dome meme a good one to fall for?

I'm torn between trying topres or buying 67g feelios, because I already know I like the clickity clack.

You have been gone a while. Gateron linears & tactiles > Cherry
Gateron clicky a shit though.

Don't you know gaterons are now meme approved

youtube.com/watch?v=2Iz4ovUIWwQ&feature=youtu.be

yeah who needs innovation when you have arbitrary brand loyalty

gaterons are literally better than cherry

their clicky switches aren't as good as cherry

If only their tactile clears weren't so fucking rare

You can buy them off mechanicalkeyboards right now, just saiyan.

He said tactile user those are only linear

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=594

There is no such thing as a linear mx clear.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about tactile gateron clears
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4gt2yn/buying_gateron_tactile_clears_67g_available_on/

>using the same color stem for tactile and linear
Thanks, gateron.

cherry does the same thing too with their Greys user

Linear greys are slightly darker. Not identical.

good luck telling the difference between them just by looking (pic related)
deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Linear_Grey
deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Tactile_Grey

Or it might've been the tactile greys which were darker, either way.

wow user you must have amazing eyes!

It's easy enough to tell the difference when they're beside each other like here

Gateron does the same thing too with their clears, but suddenly its okay when cherry does it.
kys

The gateron stems are identical in color, the cherry greys aren't. That's the key difference.

>but they're really close!
Still not identical.

I'm too autistic for that, it's gotta be coloured by category rather than position.

Yo, anyone know what batteries the Filco Minila Air use? I'm pretty interested in it but for $220AU I'd hope it comes with a built in rechargable pack instead of using standard AAs like a lot of bluetooth keyboards.

Gateron uses a difference in opacity, which is kind of funny if you think about it. So they aren't identical, but they are very close just like cherry greys

Left is linear (I got that from reddit), while right is tactile (I got that from winkeyless)

Is that really a different opacity, or just different lighting?

It took me 15 seconds in google to find that it uses two AAA batteries

Well then, now I know.

At least now the tactile gaterons are purple.

Hi, recommend me a mouse for use with this keyboard.

I've got the same exact keyboard
I use a g402 (Pic related) that I got on sale for 30 bucks. Its not to bad, but it took me sometime to get used to it since I finger grip. I'd recommend it it if you claw or palm grip, but if you use the finger grip then maybe get the g303. It is a comfy mouse but if you have the money then maybe get the g502 or any mouse made by zowie. I've also heard good reviews on the Ducky Secret

>yfw the Novatouch is fucking gone

On the bright side topre clones are becoming more affordable.

Sure but I won't be buying them until there's TKLs with Cherry-compatible stems

You know you can buy Cherry-compatible sliders from China right?

Have you been sleeping under a rock.
RK RC930 has been around for over a year now and its under $100
Its TKL with cherry compatible stems
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1434

This one has RGB lighting
massdrop.com/buy/royal-kludge-rc930-87

Honestly I'd rather wireless boards take AA/AAAs so I can just throw a couple Eneloops in there. Li-ion battery packs wear out and then go out of production.

If they use some form of standard internal connector instead of a hardwired battery that isn't an issue. PS3 controllers do that and it's easy as piss to swap packs when they're dead.

That would still be a whole lot less convenient than ordinary cylindrical cells. Not to mention if they run down you just pop in a couple fresh ones and you're good to go for several more months with no plugging anything in ever.

soon

Friend of mine wants a mechanical keyboard with Cherry Blue switches, red back light and has a number pad. I've googled extensively and have not found anything. Any help would be appreciated.

The Corsair Strafe is exactly what your friend wants.

Use PC Part Picker to find stuff like this easily.

what he said or:
maxkeyboard.com/max-keyboard-nighthawk-x9-red-backlit-mechanical-keyboard.html

amazon.com/Rosewill-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-RK-9100xRBR/dp/B00HA206FK/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1478051928&sr=1-3&keywords=rosewill+brown&th=1

These are perfect. Thanks!

hyper x has a new keyboard

fits your needs

Ducky makes a couple of keyboards that fit those requirements

How loud are feelios?
Is it worth buying the silencing clips if I want to bring my future feelio keyboard to work?

You're better off lubing them.

white keyboard with cherry reds from 0-150
RGB lighting is a plus

Shouldn't be any louder than an mx clear. The sound will mostly depend on the case & keycaps used.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZE6j4QNNtnU

Ducky One
PBT keycaps
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1763

RGB lighting
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2034

thanks famalam

Should I spend $80 on a plain black keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches or $85 on a white backlit keyboard with Kailth Blue switches? The backlight isn't for aesthetics, it's functional as I like to work in the dark.

how would the backlight help you in the dark?

You mean besides being able to see the keys?

>first time buying a mechanical keyboard
>really like the HHKB but can't afford
>buy noppoo choc mini with reds, and use it for the last 2-3 years
Anyone have this keyboard? Seems like it'd be a pretty good entry level into topre switches at least.
>muh full form factor tho

People who can't type without looking at the keys.

Does the kc21 numpad on massdrop right now send numpad codes or top row codes?

i have a old Packard Bell Model 5131c i have PS/2 to USB when i plug in all the lights light up then turn off and nothing happens is there a program i need or am i missing something

so you guys type without a monitor. How do you do it?

???????

you may need an active converter like pic related or the Belkin F5U119-E

dont forget about the white fox

I don't know that why I'm asking you. It seems kinda weird tho, unless you have a monitor without a backlight which just raises even more question?

Are you trying to say that you think the light emanating from the monitor is normally bright enough to see the keys even without keyboard backlighting?

thanks

Sorry I forgot that old people use the internet now. It was really shocking when the doctor told me that my grandfather's eyes let in 30% less light then me.
I apologize for assuming that we were young gramps and now I see why would need a backlit keyboard.

calm down m8, i don't even use a backlit keyboard because i don't need it, i'm just trying to understand your bizarre tangents

No need to get upset. I respect my elders and I fully apologize for anything I've said. It was wrong of me to assume that everyone on Sup Forums is under the age of 60

I don't even know what's happening anymore