How come the Windows source code was never leaked?

How come the Windows source code was never leaked?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.microsoft.com/2003/09/26/china-information-technology-security-certification-center-source-code-review-lab-opened/
news.microsoft.com/2016/10/19/microsoft-launches-brazil-transparency-center-to-serve-governments-in-latin-america/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it was

it's not liquid

It's worthless spaghetti anyway

Pajeets are loyal to their overlords.

Post it faggot

It was, but it was iirc Windows 2000, and not enough of it to build, and the insanely complex Perl based build system wasn't included.

They handed out the dos code straight out of the microsoft website.

If you mean stuff like xp and beyond, probably because the registry algorithms are patented. I always get this sense of a fan running when I think on how microsoft runs as opposed linux that handles drop formations like a mips machine would.

Nobody wants it.

Windows 2000 code was leaked in 2004, it was reviewed by many and the code was perfectly normal and just the usual result of development contrary to what freetards want you to believe.

It'd be cool to write the open and modern alternative to smss.exe. It'll allow to run Windows headless.

>because it's patented
Not an argumentâ„¢. "leaked" literally means stolen and spread against the creator's will, nobody cares about patents, trademarks or whatever US law "protects" the code.

The real reason is probably because there are tons of safety protocols and not everything is in the same place, Microsoft needs to keep the source code from leaking otherwise they'd take a big financial hit. Imagine if the code was leaked, people just remove all Microsoft dependencies and telemetry and hand out a free and open source version of Windows. It'd be great honestly.

>they remove the MS botnet and add their own

Sounds great :^)

>open source
Nobody would be able to host the code legally

>what are torrents

>2017
>torrents
ishygdig

Its source code is avilable to some, ask them for leaks.

news.microsoft.com/2003/09/26/china-information-technology-security-certification-center-source-code-review-lab-opened/

news.microsoft.com/2016/10/19/microsoft-launches-brazil-transparency-center-to-serve-governments-in-latin-america/

I believe some universities has access to the source code too.

It's shit anyway. Use a proper OS, like Ubuntu.

That's why ReactOS doesn't exist.

>hobby project

>posteur des grenouilles nazis
Why should I ever respond?

1. It was.
2. There's no need to leak it because people who need to use it can just get a license to do so.

they can't

Need a reminder of the content?
>#DO BOT USE TABS INSTEAD OF SPACES! YOU WILL BE KILLED! IT FICKS WITH THE BUILD PROCESS!
Seems like perfectly normal good code to me :^)

1, the windows code is so bad that microsoft keeps it locked up out of shame and embarrassment and only a select few get to see it

2. the hackers that broke in to the computers that have the windows source code seen how terrible it is and decided not to steal any of it

pick one