/bst/ Battlestation Thread

Make Time For Love Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-ONE-WRAP-Cables-Wires/dp/B0057563UO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1478038125&sr=8-7&keywords=velcro ties
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Early this time around. Feels good.

20 hours until cable management

new thread just as im going to bed...

does anyone have suggestions for what monitor i should get as a cheap second vertical monitor?

super-early.png

Actually made it to the thread edition

Halloween edition

nice cat
what monitors are they?

Dell S2716DG. Really enjoying them so far.

>Looking up and seeing that artwork all the time

That must be something.

>20 hours until cable management

What are you using?

thanks for the info. they look pretty nice on paper too, tempted to get a new monitor rather than upgrade anything in my pc

>What are you using?
What do you mean with that?
I am just waiting for my Scarlett so I can do my cable management, otherwise I have to remake it once it arrives.

>being a manlet

where did you get that nixie clock?
how much did it cost?
what if a tube dies, is there a warranty on the clock?

Just got my new build done.
Need to do cable management and buy a new chair
R8

Thought you were using something special for cable management. Was looking for something better than zip ties.

ebay, 100ish euros. honestly have no clue what the warranty on the tubes is

what? i am 180cm
anything that works. pic related was when i built it - now i have like twice the amount of cables there

What the fuck.

Not him, but I use these amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-ONE-WRAP-Cables-Wires/dp/B0057563UO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1478038125&sr=8-7&keywords=velcro ties

Thanks.

Here we go!

I seriously hope you use that SX-70

havent taken a new picture in years because frankly

>room now looks literally worse in every single way
>also is a cluttered dusty mess
>one of the cats went missing and probably died
>even my qtpie gf went missing

k-kill me

still practicing.

A-user is everything okay

Wonderful.

i think you got more serious things to worry about than your cat or gf. look at that table sag

i think 90% of my furniture is IKEA and 100% of it is rapidly falling apart

Can you take a picture of how you mounted that receiver, please? I'm curious.

Of course the cat is missing, you left the window open

I need to christmas my place up a bit.

>turn around desk
>add something as a placeholder so you don't block the holes in the top (or it will get too hot)
>put amplifier on top
>add two or more of these flexible metal strips with holes inside
>screw them into the table
>turn desk around
>remove placeholders
tada
saves a lot of space and i can still place my legs underneath without touching it
it was his idea

Huh. Interesting. So it doesn't get tooo warm or anything? Although these old receivers were often part of a larger tape-deck system, so they'd be designed for restricted airflow deployment. Thanks.

Can you, too, show me how you did it? I'm seriously considering doing this.

no. i doubt the placeholders are necessary, but i wanted to be sure.
this device is not old, but you are right about the old systems. still, IIRC the devices you stacked also had feet, so the holes weren't covered.
they don't have fans or anything, so it's really only needed when you turn the volume up a lot or live in a hot area.

I think you should just turn one of those existing monitors vertical. Can you really see yourself productively using 3 monitors at once?

Either way, pretty nice station, clean and roomy without being super minimalist. I like that there are no pointless knick knacks.

pretty cozy, windows with cityscapes or wilderness are the best, for some reason suburbia outside of a window is really boring. Too cluttered and messy though. A little bit of mess is cozy, but this is too much, looks greasy and smelly. And hardly any deskspace. Could be great but needs some work.

man, that looks so nice. Only problem I see is that sunbeam falling on your screen for a few hours every day.

Where'd you get that desk?

Oh hey you did it, neat!

My amp died a while ago so Ive removed it now.

I dont have the photo available right now, but its like his.

As for temps, give your amp a feel once in a while to check if it gets warm. Mine never did and didnt get hotter so it wasnt an issue.

FIX YOUR DESK SAG

Going to be buying a Dell XPS 15 9550 with 4k display I think since the new macbook pros are trash. Also considering a P50 with 4k display, not entirely sure which one to go for.

2m kitchen countertop, paid 80€
yes, i also got a bigger monitor, but right now i dont feel like copying you anymore. for now, my money goes to /fa/ again.

P50, the 4k screen is better quality, and if you shell out the $ you can get it with an integrated colorimeter. It wont be as good as a dedicated so if you already have one don't bother, but it is better than no colorimeter if you dont already own one.

now that is fucking /comfy/

Thanks, I'll probably end up going for that then

From last bread, looking for tiny monitor guy.

Gotta stay classy, breh.

Any suggestions for a desk chair?

my low quality red room

swapped mic arm stand to other side after taking this photo. feels cleaner.

also got the bright idea to finally mount all my monitors instead of having them on the lower desk. will be looking into a mount that will tighten onto the main desk the same way my neewer mic stand does. the other hurdle i'll need to leap is that none of those monitors have VESA mount holes, but i'm getting tired of the stands restricting how i can place the monitors.

the non-VESA mounts are cheap, the arm will be long term, and then eventually i'll upgrade to matching monitors.

r8/ h8

Whats up man. That would be me.

do you leave the circuit boards open and exposed behind the LCDs, or did you fabricate a container for them?

i'm just straight fascinated by them, lol!

You can do whatever you want in regards to how you manage the controller board. I have left them exposed without any issue at all but I also have 0 risk of something fucking them up since I don't eat or drink at my station. Spills or something falling on it is all I could think that could damage them. You can just tape the controller board on the back of the lcd panel. In fact that is how they come sometimes. Or stick it in a little box or make a container. As long as not metal you are good.

hopefully not too late

I used one of those chairs before while using the computer and they work better than expected, problem is they tend to give you some pretty bad back and neck aches

>shit specs
>horrible looking case
>shitty desk
>xbox
>trump meme
1/10 because at least it's not too messy so i guess you tried

is this an apartment? i love the layout, both architecturally and your personal layout.

>Sup Forumsfag
>literally spending currency in support of a walking meme

jesus christ, kill yourself

>Thinks Trump is a meme
This is advanced bait.

yes user
let the hate flow through you

nah townhouse, and thanks. stairs lead to loft, but i need an old CRT tv for the old gaemz, CRTs just take up so much damn room

look at the ones who support the """walking meme""" and know that you will never get any of them

>thinks trump isnt a meme

jesus you Sup Forumstards sure live up to your rep of being fucking retarded

nice ad hominem
learn to argue

>trying this hard
user, step back and look at yourself. this isn't okay. get your life together.

thanks but i'm married. not interested in girls leeching off instagram fame

see

>Sup Forums posts

regardless, i like the look of it. i wish i had a place with a nice little balcony loft. cant get adapters for the CRT?

We get it, you're self loathing liberals. Stop trying to bring our country down with you.

do you honestly think people cant tell youre from reddit?

Are any of those supposed to be good looking?

lmfao only uneducated inbred rednecks support trump

here's one that may interest you

nigger I'm just saying they all look like white trash sluts
I don't give a fuck about US elections

Then why did you bring it up?

sup negros

save up them sheckles, user. and if you're in a state thats about to pass marijuana legalization, get the fuck on buying a house before it goes legal.

property values will skyrocket and you'll either make out like a bandit because a bunch of industry and assholes are coming your way, or you'll end up renting 5ever

>/bst/ posts already shit half of the time
>political post spam
even on the scale of /bst/ threads this is a 0/10. i'd be impressed if it wasn't so disgusting.

for the same reason you posted an image of supposedly 'hot' girls that support trump, when they all look like shit

>wear maga hat in public
>nobody notices/cares
>post battlestation where hat isn't even main object in focus
>we Sup Forums now

it literally takes nothing to rile up these people

bst is the /trash/ of Sup Forums

Thank you for correcting the record for free :¬)

I'm not kidding, dumb rednecks are the main target voters of trump

>implying

>post battlestation where hat isn't even main object in focus
>still has to post MUH MEMEHAT
Your insecurity is showing

i could not care less which side each of these fucks are on, i just don't want even more /trash/ in something that already approaches it.

and, let's be honest, putting that easily moved item into your /bst/ pic is soliciting for responses. wank off with your bernie 4 prez, hillary's my nigga, trump da bes merch somewhere else.

>it literally takes nothing to rile up these people
case in point

>have a hat visible in image
>liberals complain
>respond
>liberals complain even more
>liberals start spamming
>more liberals complain about politics spam
You're all just a bunch of whiney cunts

I don't want liberal posts. I don't want conservative posts. I don't even want neutral posts. I don't want any political posts. Both sides are spamming this shit, you hypocritical fuckwit. Fucking Americans.

Faggots say the same thing while posting gay socks, dipshit

Seriously going to need a citation for that bullshit.
Inb4
>I can just feel it

Should I give an example?

living in the mitten. i have no clue what's going on here. the liberals and conservatives blend in so well together, it's like michigan is a grey twilight zone.

i guess i can say we're libertarian? at least where i live. i run into bigots, but they're modest, and keep it at home. rarely run in to SJWs, but i found one Saturday night while walking with friends in costume.

a friend of mine work a leather trench coat, an all black body suit, a leather top hat, some steampunk(ish) goggles on it, and a cheap dollar store mask painted pitch black. he was unique. some blonde college hoe on a frat porch shouted out to us "that's racist!".

fukkin pleb bitch, we just laughed it off. irony was that friend in costume is super mixed race.

>implying
stating* a fact