Does modern technology make YOU depressed?

probably

I can stream gta v from my pc to my phone while laying in bed

I love modern technology

yes it does

modern technology is just nigger technology

only because it's not as progressing as quickly as I would like desu

Yes, because the more we advance the more retarded people become and the more companies can exploit that people, it's actually kinda sad.

thats actually pretty retarded.

Only because it's used to feel like ancient technology.

You're the retarded one, cunt

Only because, due to shitty bloat and bad programming, any advancement is not at all felt to the degree that it should be.

Yes because a lot of it now requires non-free firmwares and BIOSes\UEFIs

> Does modern technology make YOU depressed

for Disk drives yes.
internal dvd's and blu rays where are thing of beauty fucking nomies and Gaymars ruin everything

HTPC's are now dead because of these kids

>shitty bloat and bad programming
this

kek, fite me u lil bich.

I want that shirt

Yes, in a lot of ways.

For one I am really disenchanted with the lack of variation in computers these days, with them all being essentially the same thing. While I do understand that having a thousand manufactueres all with their own insane specific aspects, with no compatible software (even when it's meant to be), I think a medium ground could have been reached. It really doesn't matter what browser or OS you use these days, because you'll likely be doing the same stuff. Again, I can see why this is preferential to what it was at one point, a compromise would have been preferable.

Also I'm depressed about the web. Not so much the content (which is another story) but that it's grown too large to be saved. What I mean is that there are many archives from the time that have the entirety of Usenet on tape -- the most famous being the UTZOO tapes. Do you think anyone will just have a decade's worth of Youtube just sat on a shelf? If any thing happens to the internet has we now know it, that shit is gone forever, because not only would it be impossible for someone to have in the first place, but it would be impossible to share. That's what frightens me about the future of the internet, not that the governments will censor it, but that there will be nothing there to censor.

probably

I hate that things should "just work" because it takes control out of my hands.

I don't mean that I should have to mess around with setting up the computer, but once it's set up it should pass control over to me.

I want to blame this on "normies" but I even see people on Sup Forums defending this.

This is why I hate all the animations that are nearly everywhere now. I said close the window, don't play a fucking cartoon of a window being closed, just close the fucking thing.

GUIs were a mistake...

Man, Clint looked like shit back then.

yes, modern tech is just fucking ridiculously shit. Regardless of brand.

It's not as if the brand even matters, since it's all the same shit anyway.

Sounds pretty comfy.

This.

The Raspberry Pi should be considered far too powerful in a sane world.

Even Linux is turning to shit in terms of bloat now, when its entire selling point used to be that it wasn't bloated.

I really don't get why consumers keep falling for it.
>make software require more resources (for no reason)
>force them to buy new hardware
>just as slow as what they left
>this continues for 30 years and people still don't care

I hate modern technology. Technology should be practical, but this is just mindless entertainment.

could be because of the bad breakup he talked about several times.

yes.

This tbqh my senpai
Every advancement in memory and CPU speed is offset by software bloat

From a software pov, yes. Not a single thing is implemented as per semantics / specifications. The "1 bug every 100 lines of code" is preposterous in that is widely underestimate how everything is fucked.

30 years? How time flies!
>9/11 was 36 years ago

member when depression was just being 2deep4u so you could get grungecore girls

The tech, no.

The culture around people who create/promote the tech.

Fuck yes.

highly concomitant with the fourth industrial revolution meme (big data, AI, IoS and co), mood although tech has sufficient fundamentals to withstand trends in a generalized debacle all things considered; getting monitored is bothersome and alters unconsciously behaviours. transparency is fine but at some point you're just objectified and sliced into data which is demeaning but part of an acceptance of humanity within definable strata. I'd say technology doesn't have a chief purpose of directed happiness but as a simple tool allowing that dimension to exist; it's just pesky to have the often inevitable downside but we'll have to deal with it individually or let others think for the weaker. When the steamboat was invented, ppl said rowing was finished; when lcd watches were out, ppl said mech watches were finished.. Tech has become so universal that we're approaching the limits of my language of wittgenstein, only pure souls can remain

fuck off luddites

>thinking creeping bloat is a new thing

Babies aren't allowed on Sup Forums.

XP had over double the requirements of 98 and 2000.

Yes. But only until I get a job, then I'll immerse myself in muh vidya and shitposting from my many Linux machines.

I member

What if I told you that the Luddites were against mechanization because they felt that it would result in barbaric treatment and inhumane work conditions?

What if I told you that is exactly what happened in the factories?

Besides, new things aren't inherently good by virtue of being new.

>I enjoy spending money and making others richer when what I am paying for is likely inferior to what I had before

(You)

Fuck this new generation of fucking retardded technology. Nobody gives a shit about your bigi 5 inch touchscreen. Its fucking nothing compared to my 30 inch 1080x1920, and fucking resolutions ahave LENGTH AND WIDTH now its not even width, its fucking wrong. 4k. its not 4k fucking advertising and normies are holding technology back.

I member.

Say that to my face and not online and see what happens

yes