Russia to replace Windows

GNU!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_Linux
theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/20/usaf-atomic-bomb-north-carolina-1961
astralinux.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're only doing this for politics. Putin is very distrustful of the west and has been wanting to do this for a while.

It'll never happen.

>doesn't say anything about GNU/Linux

Realistically they will probably use Macs instead.

What difference is this supposed to make? The russian government and military are the most corrupt in the world if anybody actually bothers to read the small russian media outlets who actually practice journalism. Russia is where you lose 30 15megatonne nukes.

Didn't Brazil just do the opposite? Now Linux has as many users as it started with.

delet this now

Is this the year of the GNU PLUS LINUX desktop?

I read somewhere a while back they are developing their own linux for government use and also an intranet. From what i understand you will need a computer running their specialized OS to access their gov LAN network.

Everyone is beefing up security for the coming cyber ww3.

incoming russian government official distro, Im using it as my main once it releases

is cyberpunk finally becoming real?

yes, learn to program and question EVERYTHING, cyber war is dawning upon us, cyber genocide

Yes, but it turns out it's just modernity with more paranoia.

>implying Russia could afford Macs

Were getting there.

Whats happening is governments have finally realized the best way to secure stuff is to simply start unplugging it.

If the hackers can't access the giant gov LAN they can't hack anything.

>Need special OS to access government networks
Most governments do this.

Russia is bigger than Brazil

>incoming onslaught of retarded patches being submitted to LibreOffice, Linux, Gnome, and other major OSS projects from shitty Russian programmers hired by Putin's cronies' companies who won government contract to deliver certain Windows and Office features missing in OSS counterparts

That sounds great T B H.

>tfw you'll live to see T90s roll over Paris and Berlin

How is it great?

Buggy patches that maintainers aren't prepared to integrate into the mainline will just cause custom Russia-only forks.

I'm sure LibreOffice would love someone to reverse the docx format for them.

And to add a UI that isn't shit

>Be Russia
>Change from Windows to something else
>Still the largest government and military corruption in the world
>Blame the new systems they're running
>Corruption
>Blame the computers
>I swear, Ivan, I didn't sell those tanks and missiles to those rebels, it was the puters!!

>not using ZFS

Homosexuality is illegal in Russia

Russia has been pumping money into React OS, seems like they think is good enough to move over.

What if Russia is forced to make Linux equivalent of Windows Programs like office and photoshop?

It'd make much more sense to just pump money and other resources into GIMP and Libreoffice then making either of those from scratch.

It was bound to happen sooner or later.
>2017
>Using NSA/Windows

i just realized that a gnu was just a wildebeest. i'm somewhat disappointed.

>There are people who unironically think Russia isn't a western country
USA will cease being a western country long before Russia

>gnu
russia is going back to communism i see.

I'm surprised they didn't do this a long time ago since Windows is basically an NSA operating system.

>giant gov LAN
>giant LAN
>giant local area network

What did Brazil do now?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_Linux

Homegrown Potato OS is advanced. Can use Lotus Notes 5. Very cut edge comrade.

Yeah but the gov can't really run anything without being connected to it. Also tempest attacks.

Wtf I love Russia now

putin pls maek GNU/HURD

At least they don't drop them accidentaly
theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/20/usaf-atomic-bomb-north-carolina-1961

Looks like the US cannot freely spy on them anymore through OS backdoors.

That's a good thing. Based Russia.

Make LibreOffice great again

>WAN
>RAN

>If the hackers can't access the giant gov LAN they can't hack anything.
Apparently they don't understand what LAN means. Maybe they'll go back to using phone modems and disconnect the internet.

>wildebeest
Google how fucking stupid they are. They'll run through a river infested with crocodiles, stop, turn around and go back again. Doesn't bode well for the linux crowd.

Okay.

Cлaвa нaшeмy coлнцeликoмy пpeзидeнтy!

>Also tempest attacks
you rang?

LibreOffice is unusable. Like utterly unusable. It can't even do nested bullets properly.

If you need layouting you shouldn't use an office program like ms word or libreoffice writer, since both are messy when it comes to complicated formatting. There is latex for that. Just invest the 2h it needs to learn it and you will create much better looking texts much faster.

I'm talking about basic bullets. An unordered bullet list within a numbered bullet list. LibreOffice can't figure that out. I ended up using Google Docs and it just werks. LibreOffice is truly amateur and pathetic.

Smart move since microsoft is the sexslave of the us gov.

a) Russians have their architecture, so they would drop off full of NSA backdoors x86 architecture.
б) Russians are known for stealing source codes, so they'll make once de-telemetrized Windows 10. Just watch.

w-will they open sauce it?

Comrade, no. Open source allow Americans to look and hack Russian computer. It's not good, you see.

They could finally put some effort into ReactOS

comrade Ivan, please. Its the right thing to do. Just make sure theres no fuckups. If you give a de-botneted source for windows 10 the world will love you.
Russians hack americans, but americans (citizens) are not interested in hacking russians.

Needs a cool name like DPRK's "Red Star OS"

>ReactOS finally becomes usable

>2020
>the only choice in technology is Russian backdoored hardware/OS or west backdoored hardware/OS

The trick is to layer them. Run a western backdoored OS VM in a russian backdoored OS.
This way you're actually secure, since the US and Russia will never cooperate and share their backdoors with each other.

Windows, comrade, yes, make it open source. Nobody buy Windows in Russia anyway. Why buy thing if can download for free?

>somebody can't have basic human rights because he's born different way
I wish we treated autistic people like that so you finally see how's that

>somebody can't have basic human rights because he's born different way
Do you endorse pedophilia?

>born different way
>Implying

I might unironically do this if it's available, at least try it out in a VM

but open source windows, the original, so everyone can see how evil it is.
It will be a great habbening.

We already have a distro certified for government use, it's called Astra Linux.

astralinux.com/

Special Edition is certified, common edition is for public use.

That said, Astra Linux is shit and government agencies are resisting Linux.

Windows 7 is also certified, if used together with special software, even for working with top secret information. They are mainly achieving protection by working in networks physically disconnected from the Internet (or connected in one direction only).

Kek rednecks get back in your cuckshed

>LibreOffice is great!
>but it can't even do this basic thing
>You should be using LaTeX!
This is why free software on the desktop is still a joke outside of academia.

Are you running away from an honest argument?

homophilia is a sexual perversion and mental illness that affects a tiny fraction of males

if we were talking about pedosexuality then that would be a different story

or instead of wasting time re-familiarizing yourself with that ugly as shit syntax every six months when LO can't do a simple thing that's expected of it, you can just use a real office suite and be done with it

How is pedophilia related to homosexuality in any way?
If children or animal knew what consent means, then yes, I'd support it.
I don't respond to garbage arguements.

Down's syndrome is mental illness as well. Not an argument.

It's been decided by your country that children can't give consent, and you're using that as an excuse to strip some people who were born differently of human rights.

It's been decided by Russia homosexualism is damaging to population, and they're using that as an excuse to strip some people who were born differently of human rights.

I don't see a significant difference here.

Exactly right

We should exterminate those with mental illnesses

Welp I think age of consent should be lowered as well. 16 maybe.
Again, logical but highly unethical

Age of consent should be brought down to preschool age.

There's nothing wrong with sex. It doesn't hurt anybody. Stop being a closed-minded bigot

>Welp I think age of consent should be lowered as well. 16 maybe.
That's not a response to my argument at all. I said nothing about age at all. 12 years, 10 years, 6 years, it does not matter, you're still stripping people of their "basic human rights" because they were born differentluy, using some excuse your country agreed upon previously.

Down syndrome is a physical difference based on improper protein folding resulting from the trisomy.

Faggotry is a choice.

BUT BUT BUT

WE HAVE TO PROTECT WOMEN

THEY CAN'T THINK FOR THEMSELVES

RAISE THE AGE OF CONSENT TO 25 JUST TO BE SUPER SURE THAT THEY'RE READY

WHAT IF SOME CHILD TOUCHED A PENIS THEN GOT PTSD, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, SCHIZOPHRENIA, BIPOLAR AND TURNED INTO A TRANSGENDER??!?! COULD YOU LIVE WITH THAT!?!?

>6 million
t-tanks

This really rustled my jimjams

I found the retard.

Nope. Fuck pedos and trannies.

switching gubment machines from linux to windows because supposedly free software = comunism

>tfw touched a penis
>tfw turned into a transgender

now all we have to do is make a commit that 'accidentally' breaks russian security

wew nice meme

Nuclear weapon in Russia is handled by analog computers.

>ethics exists in real world
All you have to do is teach people that killing mentally ill is ethical, and there you go it's ethical now. Ethics is a culture dependent teaching, not a universal physical manifestation of kindness.

>shitty Russian programmers
Russia is not US of India, m8.
They actually have top notch programmers.

Yeah, here's a couple

You say that as if it's a bad thing

If you want to live in a barbaric society, how about you fuck off to Middle East where killing is ethical?
Oh yeah, you enjoy using our technologies everyday and probably are anti-censorship.

>how about you fuck off to Middle East where killing is ethical?
And yet the murder rate for many of these countries is a fraction of yours.