Sqt

Stupid questions thread
Post ITT if your question doesn't merit a new thread
ie my finger is stuck in my asshole

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202186&cm_re=amd_fury-_-14-202-186-_-Product
amazon.com/StarTech-SATA-Drive-Adapter-Cable/dp/B00HJZJI84
ti.com/lit/ds/sllsee2a/sllsee2a.pdf
m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA1ZD4JC9649
m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA67S21D6929
twitter.com/AnonBabble

prev 57340388

DEM QUADS

So, what's a better deal, the RX 480 or Fury?

I'm going to be using a few monitors, but does four extra GB of RAM really matter?

I'm building a PC, I have the processor and RAM mounted and I want to do a POST test. PSU's connected and everything. Only problem is, I'm not sure which pins to lay my screwdriver across. The manual (pic related) only shows one power button instead of two.

What do I do?

By the way, a fury is going for cheap on Newegg right now, check it out: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202186&cm_re=amd_fury-_-14-202-186-_-Product

Also, for whichever one is superior in price/performance, which one is the best one to get?

Or should I just get a 470 if I'm looking for price/performance?

How do you deal with dead pixels? There's not enough to get the panel replaced under the manufacturer's policy, and the repair shop wants $500 for parts + labor. I've tried the online tools and no dice, and I don't know about the ebay listings for the replacement panels.

XPS 13 with 1080p panel.

"PWRBTN#" and the pin labeled "GND" next to it. Polarity doesn't matter.

You either deal with it or replace it.

Anyone got a list with all Jewish controlled tech industries + software ?

How can you tell if the panels you find on ebay are legit or not? I never shop there since I'm always afraid of getting chinkshit. The sellers say that they ship from the USA, and they get good ratings. but there's no reviews on the individual listings themselves.

Awesome, thanks!

if I make my tweets private and post a tweet like "@someone something something" will that "@" see the tweet, or am I just tweeting to myself?
I'm following that user by the way, but they're not following my back.

anybody work in IT? need some advice on filling my resume

If I overclock my CPU, can I leave Intel speedstep enabled? All of the overclocking guides I've read say to disable speedstep in the BIOS.

can i make movies work on windows 2000, 98, 95 ?

It can help lower power consumption and increase longevity, no reason to disable it unless it causes issues.

How old are you? Of course they can play videos.

How to I customize more in depth with oneechan/Sup Forums X?

I'd like to add a space in between the bottom of the page and the most recent post.

Thank you!

Everything is.

can i boot windows 2000 from usb stick?

technically speaking what is a server?

NOST 2

something which serves requests

a computer thats designed to serve to the requests from a remote location

so almost any computer could be used as a server so long as you can access it remotely

yes

pretty much

a computer server is define by what the computer /does/, not by what it /is/

Boot the installer, yes. To boot as a live system, not without substantial modification.

please respond

Is there any software to download-batch madokami for windows?
I found it one but I don't use linux.

How effective is optimising boot time on Windows 7?

Making a new build with a cheap-but-good SSD (OCZ ARC 100) and I want to make it boot as fast as possible without affecting functionality. Will delaying services or startup programs speed up boot time? Will removing the splash orb shave off a few seconds?

>cheap-but-good
>OCZ

Well if it's shit, I still want to improve my boot time.

What's the use of raspberry pie?

any ideas? i think it's something to do with the partition i installed it on. Daz Loader wouldn't work either.

food

why would u eat a computer?

but raspberry pie is not a computer

Try using DAZ loader, Windows Toolkit only works for w7 pro/ultimate.

Will dual-booting my computer with Loonix and Windows to play games via Wine make it a botnet?

>owning a computer
you're already part of the botnet

is there a way to append (part of) the torrent's hash to the save path in qbittorrent? i noticed things get messy when downloading multiple torrents with the same name

>dual-booting
>Wine
Isn't Wine for emulating when you don't have dual boot?

Where can find customized versions of windows xp? For ex black edition.

>Isn't Wine for emulating when you don't have dual boot?
>have a windows partition
>boot on linux
>it automount the windows partition
>I can go on it and double click in any .exe
>it will start the program with wine.

To answer, no it won't, but you might prefer to install your programs directly on linux or using playonlinux (use wine but with custom install script to makes the program works). It will be easier to install and remove your programs and won't modify the performances.

Fully functional tiny Soc with an ARM processor, GPU that supports OpenGL, hardware video decoding up to 1080p, built in WiFi and bluetooth, HDMI port, Ethernet, four USB ports, shit load of GPIO pins. All under 5 watts for under $50.

TLDR DIY masturbation station

Thinking about copping a Dell T3500 for less than 200 dolaroos, it has an old quad core xeon with 12gb ddr3 and a 1tb hdd. Would it be nice as a seedbox/backup server /plex server?

hobby. Some people use that shit to create a small server (mumble, ftp, web..), you can do stuff related to robotic, but that's out of my knowledge and I think there are better alternatives.

just install linux if you want something fast.

Is it safe to open virus links / install viruses on a virtual machine?

I'm a pajeet-tier computer engineering student destined to be a code monkey and I hate it.
Where do I start studying to be prepared for a sysadmin job. Networking already on list, could use some material for the rest

how can i convert a dvd rom from my old acer laptop into a portable usb dvd rom?

Just buy one, it'll probably be cheaper

wouldnt be nearly as coool though
is it possible to do at all?

how do i pass a website's paywall? it asks me to pay a subscription to read the full articles.

the site is siteintelgroup btw.

Actually it would probably wok with one of these assuming it only needs 5v
amazon.com/StarTech-SATA-Drive-Adapter-Cable/dp/B00HJZJI84

it probably would 11$ is a lot though
im wondering how hard would it be to make this converter thats built into the cable
it cant be too complicated can i find schematics of it anywhere?

I have a single-mode fiber connection that is about 500Mbps down and 50Mbps up according to speedtest. what kind of SFP or media converter should I get if I want to replace the POS router that the ISP supplied?

Here, have at it
ti.com/lit/ds/sllsee2a/sllsee2a.pdf

very nice
thanks for spoonfeeding me user

I've recently noticed that whenever I open a gif it seems to have a lot of pixel displacement and the 'vlc effect'

Pic related, just opened a gif and it does this.

It's on Chrome.

Not related to internet speed since I just upgraded my internet, but im still experiencing this. Anyone ever had anything similar?

My best friend is in prison now and he hates me because I testified against him in his trial. How can I get him to forgive me? It's not like I wanted to hurt him, but I was legally compelled to testify and I only told the whole truth like I was supposed to, otherwise I could have been the one to get in trouble. Will he forgive me for this eventually?

is there an advantage to getting a new heatsink and fan if you don't overclock?

Depends on the circumstances, and how damning your particular testimony was, but I think right now he could be upset and angry in general due to his situation, and lashing out at you in part due to that. You may have better luck waiting for him to calm down and then reaching out to him when he has accepted his situation more.

Less noise

Is there any good alternative to JDownloader 2 for batch downloading from filesharing sites? I've tried some alternatives a while back but most lacked the support for as many sites as JD did.

What did he do? You might be better off without him.

>Be migrating to Canada in half a year~
>Stay there for several months at the least
Should i sell my semi powerful desktop and get a laptop?
if so, is sooner better than later?

He robbed a bank. I wasn't there for the robbery but he talked to me about it in detail afterward, which I was forced to recount during his trial. Though I tried to paint it in as good a light for him as I could, little good it did.

Your friend is a degenerate scumbag and society is better off if he's locked up. You did the right thing, user.

What's a good and free video editing program for windows? Just need to cut some videos and tweak the sound quite a bit. Open to Linux based suggestions too.

I have a Power A third party xbox 360 controller, worked fine on my last windows 7 pc, yet it doesn't work on this (relatively) new one I built. The light on the controller will turn on when I plug it into the USB port, then it turns off.

Device manager detects it as Pro ex mini in the Other Devices tab; it reads:
>The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
>There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
>To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.
The website doesn't offer any drivers, microsoft ones don't seem to work, my last PC automatically detected it and it worked great. How do I get this thing working?

Why does Microsoft denote 2^30 Bytes as GB it's actually GiB?

>be criminal
>implicate best friend somehow
>danger of making best friend a criminal too
>DURR U BETRAID ME
Your best friend sounds like a selfish cocksniffer.

shotcut is the best free editor for windows I've used which isn't saying much because its still very buggy and crashes a lot.

Okay I uninstalled it from the device manager, apparently it can't update the drivers automatically because I have automatic updates turned off. PROBLEM IS, I don't want telemetry bullshit so I downloaded a thing to stop malicious updates which uses the registry to turn off automatic updating.

So yeah I don't know what the fuck is going on, could it be that simple?

Just let him know that you'll still be his friend when he gets out.
People leaving prison need friends.

Which hard drive should I get from Newegg?

Refurbished Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM (no reviews)
Brand new WD Scorpio Blue 80GB 5400RPM (5 stars with 51 reviews)

Links:
m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA1ZD4JC9649
m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA67S21D6929

Does it have a decent eq and audio compressor? I doubt I'll make it crash since I won't even touch 90% of the features.

How do I get a tracker to work or function on qbittorrent? I have a tracker that says "Not Working" when I select it, but other people seem to have no trouble connecting to it.

It only has a 3 band equalizer, the compressor looks okay though.

That sucks, I need more than that and I'd rather not fuck around with importing/exporting audio tracks.

How do I get tiny pushpins like the ones in pic related out of the motherboard?

Usually there's an internal pin that you twist and pull up

help pls

Almost look like the pins on Intel pins. They can be a piece of shit if you warp them or damage them. There might be some twisting involved and if not then force.

*Pins on Intel stock coolers

Say I have a work laptop, can I take out the HDD, replace it with my own, use it however I want and when I go back to work just slap the work HDD back in again? nothing else is stored on the motherboard or anything right?

Could work, might depend on what security measures your company implements.

What would be easier is a USB live stick with Linux on it.

>chrome

what the fuck are you doing nigger

I didn't see any careers-related thread on Sup Forums so I decided to post this question here:

I'm currently studying a CS course at university and have no idea which field of IT I want to get into. Is systems administration a good career choice? All I want is a good and stable source of income and that there's a demand for those specific types of jobs.

thats a shit bunch laptop, buying dell is a joke

When transcoding a video file and burning the subs.
One frame with a subtitle isn't present.
I think ffmpeg is dropping that frame.
Any idea how to fix it?

he fucked himself when he did that

For someone who should have enough experience to handle this but apparently doesn't...

I have a Router with WAN (call it R1) set up to which my desktop connects and also to this R1 another Router (R2) which I want to use as an AP.
I already configured R2 to disable DHCP and it is connected via one of the LAN ports.
I can now ping R1, R2 but not the Laptop that is connected to R2. R2 has 192.168.0.11 set as address and the Laptop gets 192.168.0.13 which seems fine.
What am I missing so that I can reach and share from desktop to Laptop?

Piratebay could be a solution.

what brand is the mobo?
microsoft corded 360 controllers made for pc work great on pc,
but it i either your mobo, you need to reintall drivers, you have clashing drivers,
amd gpu drivers can fuck with 360 controllers drivers
if you have other controllerss or sertain types of keyboards that can fuck that up too

You either need to put R2 in bridge mode or assign a separate subnet for the hosts that will connect through it.

Yes. It's boring but stable and isn't likely to go away any time soon. If you have a CS degree, have some programming skills, and actually put some effort into understanding how computers work, you'll be ahead of most sysadmins in industry.

Alright, thank you.