Long time macfag sick of this TimCook faggot...

Long time macfag sick of this TimCook faggot, my MacBook Pro is getting old (2012 retina display) I thought the new models will mean a great update, I was wrong.
I don't know which non mac laptops are great
I've used linux in the past, mainly virtual machines, I intend on using it as default since I hate Microturd a lot.
Where should I be looking?

Chromebook pixel 2 with gentoo

system76

Thinkpad
Latitude
Those 2 usually have good linux support out of the box

i'm posting from a 2012 15" retina mbp and it's still fast as fuck. maybe just do a clean install. it's one of the last best macbooks until they fix them again

yeah if you want to spend more time fixing your computer than using it

Not a jewgle fan, also I need to do relatively powerful stuff, that means above the 1000 price line
I'll give it a look

I have that one and th battery is starting to fail, and guess what, turns out they glued the battery so it's risky to diy the repair

Get out, you've clearly never used Linux.

are you using the exact same charger that came with it?

just fyi, apple uses a very specifically formulated battery for good reason, it's how they get the 9+ hour charge. if you charge it with the wrong charger, you ruin the battery. it has to be the exact same one, even the one for the 13" and 15" are different (i know this because my gf has the 13 and i have the 15, and the chargers are different)

>2012
>old

btw my battery still gets 10 hours

>TimCook faggot

Just buy the mbp early 2015 "cheap" from ebay.
You will get about the same performance and it you can actually type with it.

It broke, bought a 3rd party
Aursen® 85W

Just buy the MacBook.
Or wait one more year for cannon lake than you will get LDDR4 32gb of ram and faster processor.
Also what were you expecting a great graphic card on a mac?
Rest of the specs practically can't get better because of intel.

should have went to the apple store and asked politely for a new one. they would have hooked you up if you asked twice.

i got my whole screen replaced for free once after i told them i dropped it

>3rd party
man, they even tell you never use a 3rd party anything with apple stuff. you think they say that just to make you buy more of their shit?

>never use a 3rd party anything
ESPECIALLY not CHARGERS my dude.

you gotta learn how batteries work on your own, but here's the crash course. i

20v over 4.25A max. That's the maximum ampreage it can do.

Different units are manufactured with different thresholds of quality. Higher quality means more precision, i.e. more likely to be what it says on the label, instead of something else.

Lower quality means just the opposite.

your aursen (lol, pronounced arson) thing is Input voltage: 100-240V - 1.5A 50 / 60Hz ;Output Voltage :16.5V 3.65A

claims to be 3.65, not enough, but also probably not even accurate. it's probably even more, a lot more. basically it fucked up your battery.

>20v over 4.25A max.
that's what my official apple charger says, the one that came with my 2012 rmbp 15"

but there is a way to fix your battery:

buy an official apple charger, and use it. after a few charge/discharge cycles it will be back to normal and you'll be getting around 9 hours.

i accidentally fucked up my battery too by using my gf's charger for like a month, and noticed i was only getting 4 hours of battery.

educated myself on batteries, switched back to using our respective chargers and bam, back to normal in a couple days.

also i just checked, and 16.5v over 3.65A is the one for the smaller, different battery in the 13" rmbp from 2012-2013.

Thanks, though idk if it'll work, it's been a while since I've made the switch

One word: touchpad.
Is there a laptop that has a touchpad comparable to Macbook's trackpad?

Dell XPS 13/15

> MUH MAC
BOOK IS GETTING OLD HUR DURRR
IM POSTING FROM A FAST AS FUCK MACHINE

fucking sick of you faggots... realize moore's law is leveling off and we are living in the future.... aint getting much better until we get flying saucers to be perfectly honest

when it dies off we'll see quantum computers and a possible restructuring of the market unless the current companies hop in the train soon, sure, but in the mean time we'll stick to what is out there, thank you

Bump.
Like anyone I'm willing to buy a cheaper alternative to MBP, but all touchpads I've seen so far are utter crap in comparison with trackpad. Is there any alternative that doesn't suck?

nonsense. just go for one of the non-autismo distros and they run just fine. the only additional work you have to invest is getting used to linux in general

Don't fool yourself.
I've used(or at least tried — you can't actually use Haiku or AROS) literally all x86-compatible OSes. The only OS that JUST WORKS is macOS. Everything else has some minor, tiny, infinitesimal problems that consumes your time or worsen user experience.