What's a good alternative to the iPod classic?

What's a good alternative to the iPod classic?

I've had a 160 gig classic for years now, 2008-09 and I think it's on the cusp of failing me. It will turn itself off mid song like it's out of battery every so often, the screen wont work right sometimes etc etc.

The problem is I have about 80 gig of music and they don't make an iPod that large anymore (not to mention I would like to drop apple from my life). I live in a place where I can't just stream it from my phone so I need an actual dedicated player.

What should I be looking at? Bonus points for the ability to play lossless.

My potentially biggest hurdle is that I would really prefer something that can play apple formatted files seeing as though everything I have it AAC or apple lossless.

What are my options guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q23MgRx_kTY
iflash.xyz/
ebay.com/itm/222086811391
ebay.com/itm/252347400644
youtube.com/watch?v=d6WnzUNNQx4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=q23MgRx_kTY

I guess I just assumed the battery was fine and ti was the HDD failing.

When it dies randomly, it could have any number of battery life left, it's done it on half charges or more and when I reset it, it won't do it again for another couple weeks. Could that just be a battery failure?

iflash.xyz/

ebay.com/itm/222086811391

ebay.com/itm/252347400644

I have a 160GB classic
buy a replacement battery from not china (I heard the metal case is hard to put back together) my friend runs a phone repair store and I asked him
I had a different friend running rockbox on a older classic to get all formats and he was playing GBA games
There's also mods for ssd swap instead of the stock hdd and adding sd card slots for swapping/expansion (you could probably do micro sd now but I haven't seen it done)
lastly there's an IPOD LOD if your stereo deck is using aux instead of the 30pin adapter (it skips the ipod built in preamp/amp)

>from not china

But all replacement batteries are made there, user.

since your device is approaching 10 years old its very possible it's just the battery

but you won't know for sure until you start replacing parts

if this is a common issue other people are experiencing you could probably find out exactly what is wrong

the battery replacement is cheap and easy at least so it won't be much of a loss if it doesn't work out

Smartphone with 256gb SD card.

Sony hi-fi walkman if you have the money.

Sort of related question:

Most lightweight device which can run Storytel over wifi?

I'd prefer a non-smartphone solution but I'm not sure if that's possible. I can't get audiobooks in Swedish in any good amount of non-private torrent sites.

Excuse the cancerous theme but:
youtube.com/watch?v=d6WnzUNNQx4

Might be something for you.

Actually if you don't mind another Apple device the latest iPod touch models have a 128gb version

Can't you just put your music on an SD card and listen to it through your phone

>wasting battery on your phone on playing music

>music playback has a drain on your battery
Its not 2007 anymore, retard

Because playing an audio file with the screen off is a real battery drainer. Sorry about your shit tiny battery, Timmy.

I could, but sometimes likes to leave my phone in places I'm not at on purpose, especially when I listen to music.

A FiiO X1

Sansa clip

Just replaced my old ipod touch 64gb with one of these. It does everything I want, and even has expandable/replaceable storage!

Any reason to go with the newer gens?

the FiiO X1 look pretty good,
but i don't have to impression you can get more space that 128Go ? with micro SD card

Xduoo x3

you =)
i like you

>What is portability

>smartphone not being portable

What, they don't fit in your skinny jeans?