twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally a meme

>cheap
>good build quality
>decent aesthetics
>relatively quiet even under load
>capable of mild overclocking

How is that a meme

Installation was a bit of a hassle, as with all other cpu coolers from my experience. Got my 2500k to 5.4 with around 65 - 70c on full load, so pretty damn content. Only heard good about it, so gave it a shot: worth.

>Installation was a bit of a hassle

I've installed two and it really just depended on the case. With cheaper cases it makes installing anything a PITA.

Yes it DOES slide/rotate a bit even torqued down fully but that doesn't hurt anything and only while the paste hasn't fully set due to heat.

Cheap and does the job.

Not him but being a meme doesnt mean its bad.

Good desing, and works really good for the price.

Its not that is great, is that that most coolers are shit.

Using mine on a 3570K. Cheap and good as stated.

Well, the only part of a PC I broke was the CPU cooler, the stock one that is. It just seems to me that they have a tendency to be a finicky piece of work in comparison to something like inserting your PSU, RAM, graphics card etc. you name it.
My case is a CM Elite 430, which I don't believe is one of those dirt cheap ones, but it was a budget pre-built by a reputable local shop back 6 years ago, if not more.

Because its successor has the exact same heatpipe arrangement and fin array, but comes with a different fan and costs $10 more.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16835103205
Fucking Jews, man

Noctuas are more comfy

And expensive. ;_;

>$60 is expensive
are you poor?

because it's cheap, silent and it JUST WERKS

>$40 more
>same thermal properties as CM
>has a brown fan
>HURR NOCTUA QWALITY MANG!!!11!!1

>aircooling
>2016

Step it up nigga

>spending thrice the amount for 10% more cooling performance

Closed loops don't count.

10% is generous.
Their only bid is "super quiet fans"
>if you install the rubber brackets and undervolt to less than 100rpm

He fell for the noctua meme

air cooling is still the best cooling solution regardless of what tom's hardware or jayz twocents will tell you.
the marginal difference in running temps does nothing to improve performance nor offset the risk of destroying your hardware in case of a leak.

Unless you're overclocking just for the sake of it and using a custom water loop with a quad 120mm radiator or more you get no benefit over a dual tower air cooler.

Tl:dr
Liquid Helium master race

This
I stay under 50° during load and that's all I'm ever gonna ask from a CPU cooler, a $20 one at that

I was looking at the most expensive Noctua, and comparing it to Evo 212. Has nothing to do with the actual price, but rather the price performance.

But 3 hyper 212s are better than one udh12 whatever, for the same price

The only version of it in the shop I plan to buy all my parts from is the Cooler Master Hyper 212X.

Is it just as good?

Why can't you just order it off Amazon.

Because I live in a third world yuropoor country?

Oh and yes its basically the same as the OP but with an extra fan.

Just don't pay more than $30-35 usd

Balkans?

There are other cheap tower coolers, why arent those memed?

Because those caused Skylake to bend

Well it costs 33€ so not sure it's worth it.
There is a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO for 22€ though. Is it just as good or?

Slovakia

Just get the 212x since its very close to the EVO.

You're buying a bunch of parts from a single shop in person? Most small and local places if you talk with the sales guy will cut you a deal if you're buying an entire computers worth of parts.

TX3 is smaller. you go for TX3 when your case is too small to house a 212.

>tfw didn't go for the shitty meme again

Fool me once

Fuck off SR71 this isn't TomsHardware

Nah it is an internet shop with the option of them putting the PC together and it happens to be also the shop with the best prices in this country so.

I plan on going either Corsair 200R or 300R. Will the 212 fit in either of them?

>mad I spent $5 more for a way better cooler

>Will the 212 fit
yes.

Too tall

Hyper T4 is a lot better. Similar performance but smaller size

Spare me the sarcasm. Save the extra bucks, or if you'd like, go with a nice premium cooler. In retrospect, I would have bought that Noctua cooler had it not been for the fact that my Evo 212 is doing a great job regardless, which is also the reason why most people stick to Evo anyhow: it works great.

I have this too
great cooler

>not keeping the best cooler that's free

Unlocked processors don't come with fans poorfag.

>jewtell cheaped out on the Skylake stock coolers.

I install my coolers on the motherboard outside of the case before assembling everything together. Am I doing it wrong?

I beg to differ.

I have had several K CPUs that came with one.

Skylake may be a different situation though.

WE

I have a Hyper 212 Eco sitting right next to my tower, in the box for months now. I'm just bring a pussy about installing it.
I've been using the Intel stock cooler and it sometimes hits 70/80.

Can I install it without removing my motherboard? My case has a cut out, but it seems difficult.
Any tips on installation to get a good thermal paste amount/seal?

Neither the 1150 nor the 1155 are skylake sockets

What does that have to do with Intel jewing on their heatsinks?

>Manlet $hintel cooler
>Vs AyyMD master race cooler
>rekt

The pic was more to give a visual example of the differences, like the lack of a copper core and thin fins.

Yet it will barely keep the CPU to acceptable levels.

AMDs gonna need it tho.

Long as your case opens on both sides, it's pretty easy. I have a CM 690 II case, and the installation was pretty easy.

As for thermal paste, just do a pea-sized dollop in the center and let the screws spread it out while you tighten the cooler.

There's probably hundreds of videos just for installing the 212 alone. Just watch all of them and do it.

Give it to me straight. Are these really a meme?

Just about 1/5 year ago, I got into "PC", as in I learned how to assemble and disassemble my rig, although I had seen so many vids on YT, it was more my precautions holding me back.

Lemme tell you, the stock cooler is a real bitch, but once you get pass that, you shouldn't have to worry all too much.
As for removing your mobo, that depends: in my case, I didn't, but it certainly helps.

Furthermore, if you learn how to disassemble the mobo from your rig, you'll know how to next time. Take your time and be meticulous about it.

Lastly, as someone who's tried applying/reapplying thermal paste, it looks to be highly blown out of proportion; hell, I didn't even reapply new thermal paste, when I put my Evo 212 as a replacement for that broken stock cooler, and it worked just fine.

tldr: be a man, Sonny boii.

Yes. Louder and worse than air coolers.

I had a CM Nepton 240m and the pump made this godawful noise. Had them refund me and bought a 212 Evo

the single 120mm versions basically are. They're only slightly better than a 212 (basically a 180w to 220w TDP at best with two fans at high rpms), but the pumps on any AIO will be fairly noisy, that including the fans on the radiator add to noise in your computer.

Most modern AIO pumps aren't a problem anymore (there was a glue issue that made some early models scream constantly) but they still have a consistent clicking noise they make.

basically get either an AIO with a dual 120mm radiator or a dual tower air cooler. after that your best bet for better cooling will be a custom loop.

>Watercooling
Its literally no difference, air cooling uses heat pipes and vapor chambers while water cooling uses a hose. They both need to disperse the heat through a heat sink or fins.
The liquid coolers that you see get better results are because they have longer runs to the fin arrays.
>But its still better
Yes but at the cost of volume. You CAN attach a bathtub of water to your cpu to get better performance but its impractical. Air coolers give the same performance in a more compact form, making it cheaper and universal to all cases following the ATX form factor

plus, you can't water cool a 1u or even 2u case w/o external additions. Maybe a 3U with a very small radiator or an odd mounting solution.

And there are no possibilities to water cool a slim form factor mini itx or micro atx build.

I use it.

I don't OC so I don't really need to spend that much on a water cooler. My temps are super low and it's very quiet.