MICROSOFT IS FINISHED

ITS DONE, MICROSOFT IS FINALLY RUINED. BANKRUPT.
>THEY WONT RECOVER FROM THIS.
>THIS IS THE BIGGEST SECURITY BREACH IN HISTORY.
>EVERYONE WHO STAYED IN WINSCHWITZ IS ON SUICIDE WATCH.

CHANGE TO GNO/LINOCKS WHILE YOU CAN OR RUSSIANS WILL HACK YOU INTO GULAG.

geekwire.com/2016/windows-security-hole-exposed-google-puts-microsoft-center-russian-hacking-controversy/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2ozwlnQKbQ
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jokes on you i have networking disabled

DA RUSSIANS ARE HACKING OUR DEMOCRACY!!!!

microsoft isn't finished because the have a lot of other shit running. windows on the other hand has been going south for almost 15 years now and will die soon

YOU CAN'T HACK SHIT
I GOT NORTON

Well if you don't have anything to hide you have no reason to be afraid of the hackers.

>MUH RUSSIANS

What if I'm Russian?

The update arrives on 11.08.

:^)

I would but I can rebind my keys on Windows with a simple program while on Loonix I have to read 30 pages of xkb and xmodmap manuals

Microsoft is going to release a security update soon for this you idiot.

>don't worry, goyim, we patched THAT security flaw, you're safe now, just make sure to keep buying upgrades

Fuck off, Bill Gates.

>2016
>using Flash
your fault for having a virus vector installed

or use a simple program

such as?

>Microsoft says that customers using the Microsoft Edge browser on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update “are known to be protected from versions of this attack observed in the wild.”

yes, eat that shit up good goyim

if you thought IE with active x was a minefield of viruses wait till you try out edge.
windumbs are sheeple

Then you're screwed already, memelord
No

Post kot.

Muh gui

MS defender got this shit.

all computers are trash
Windows is botnet with some freedoms
Apple is botnet with no freedoms
Linux has no drivers and
>root access for nine (9) years

>Muh gui
post had nothing to do with gui

>Post kot
Kot ist tot.

I doubt he use powershell for rebinding.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Clone it.

>I doubt he use powershell for rebinding.
so? If it works it works

Rather searching for solution on the web babling about xmodmap.

1) your post is barely in English
2) what makes you think I haven't searched for a solution?

is this 2007? there's still people that believes you need to be a "hacker" to use linux?

not an argument

Was you serious about what you said?

>1) your post is barely in English
As yours. At least try to found shift and then you can be a legit grammar nazi. Maybe.
>2) what makes you think I haven't searched for a solution?
xmodmap isn't rocket science.

>xmodmap isn't rocket science.
now if only custom xmodmaps survived layout changes and reboots in gnome (they don't)

It's obviously not working if you can post on Sup Forums

>tfw switched to mac years ago

>2016
>he can't access the internet without the internet accessing him

This is true. I love Linux, but this specifically is a stupid way to do keybindings

still not an argument

Yeah an old cunt needing a mac. Figures.

rc.local file is your friend.

maybe you find this hard to understand. Certain DEs don't even touch xmodmap anymore, it's almost completely deprecated in favor of xkb and xkbcomp. Both of which are even harder to configure. rc local doesn't do shit in that regard. Stop posting if you don't know what you're talking about

We still don't have any choice when I need my engineering apps n shiet

DO AN OS WAR SHITSHOW, IS WINDOWS DONE?

ok you win:
youtube.com/watch?v=c2ozwlnQKbQ

That video was fucking remarkable

what apps you need?

I think you keep missing the part where xmodmap is deprecated and even if you manage to switch some keycodes the change doesn't survive wherever start scripts you use

So you can't write scripts either, not to mention how useless was regard anything to your current setup. Yep, it's really hard to read your mind.
Use whatever you want.

why do I need to write scripts or read manuals when on Windows I can download 1 program and solve my issue immediately? The purpose of an OS is to make your life easier, not to make you complete its missing functionality

what relation has xmodmap being deprecated and start scripts "not surviving"? make clear your point at least, i proved there's GUI applications for rebinding your keys on linux.

Stop making these threads. Applel, Microsoft and whatever company does some dumbshit they will never go under.

the program in your video only works for function keys like ctrl, alt, etc.

the link to the "any key" change is not a gui, but a guide to tricking your OS into revealing its keycodes and manually writing a script to make the switch

nice try though

PROTIP: HILLARY CLINTON AND HER PEOPLE ALL USER APPLE COMPUTERS EXCLUSIVELY

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MICROSOFT

see

only works for a few keys

>Microsoft's response is an ad for windows 10
kek

>not building your own hardware from scratch
>not building your own software from scratch

Protip:

You can never be affected by such security holes if you don't download software/executables from shady sources.

Stick to the big names and stop downloading shit. The only people who get affected by these attacks are normies who just download random shit and execute it and, to some extent, those who use lots of serial keys generators and exe crackers.

So, this is really just evolution doing its thing.

>the program in your video only works for function keys like ctrl, alt, etc.
>only works for a few keys
This is not true, if yon guys gonna argument at least tell the truth, anyone can test the program and immediately disprove you.

>the link to the "any key" change is not a gui
Did you even watched the video? how is that not a gui?

>but a guide to tricking your OS into revealing its keycodes and manually writing a script to make the switch
You don't write the scripts manually, you tell the program the contents and you press what key or keys will do that action, please tell us how it's done on windows then.

>nice try though
too bad yours was a bluff though.

lel, thanks for the free tech support fag. If you ask nicely you get told to fuck off but if you rustle a few feathers it works every time

>free tech support
Isthat what you call tech support? something you can get on the fisrt result on google or youtube?

>If you ask nicely you get told to fuck off but if you rustle a few feathers it works every time
please address pic related first then.

Don't you love when the URL reads differently to the article title?

The URL makes it sounds like Google was exposed to hacking due to the Windows security hole.

The thing that disappoints me most is that Flash is an important component of Windows 10.

It just shouldn't be. It has new vulnerabilities every day.

Microshills simply do not understand how finished is Windows, beyond the security flaws, the system as a whole is a hot mess from piling bloat on top more piles of bloat. In no time you will all be using a Microsoft Linux Distro and you will like it, you'll come crawling to the /flt/ begging for help.

So, how about a little humility the next time?

get some alcohol and dance to the sound of russkaya doroga. dont forget to upload to youtube

FUCKING KEK, I'm trying this next time I run into a problem

Microsoft says an unpatched Windows flaw and a vulnerability in Adobe Flash have been exploited by a hacking group the company calls “Strontium” for the purpose of a “low-volume spear-phishing campaign”

>low-volume spear-phishing campaign

>phishing

Microsoft can't be held accountable for retarded normies opening and downloading emails they didn't know about. Eat shit.

>Meanwhile, NBC News reports that Russia is making a new effort to wean itself off of Microsoft software, reporting that Russian President Vladimir Putin is “specifically targeting software giant Microsoft for its alleged ties to U.S. intelligence.”

Wow, that Putin eh? The guy is an amazing micro-manager. He does absolutely everything over there. I wonder how he get the hours to find sleep with micro-managing absolutely everything. Imagine that also if true: a nation now getting rid of software that has proven ties to a hostile nation's intelligence agency - the nerve of those Russkies!

>Russia is also reportedly cracking down on LinkedIn, which Microsoft is in the process of acquiring for more than $26.2 billion.

Hmm, I wonder why that would be????????????

>A Microsoft spokesman said in a statement to NBC News, “We don’t spy on anyone. We don’t work with any government to spy on others, and we never would.”

Suuuuuuuuuuuure.

It's already been 15 days and Google warned Microsoft and Adobe beforehand. Adobe quickly fixed their shit while Microsoft ignored the warning and pretended the hole didn't exist.

>not posting from a whoinx VM hosted on a Windows machine that's connected via a VPN tunnel on a PCIe pass-through NIC to an Ubuntu Server hosting the VM and a separate VPN server connected to a router that's passing all packets through an outside VPN

THIS is why you run windows in a Virtual Machine

>windows
>root access for 19 (NINETEEN) years

>amazing manager
Definitely. That's why my salary is 400$ per month

> Tfw using Windows 10
> Using ChrOpera without Adobe Flash

Fucking plebs, move away, I am passing by.

>Vista through W10

It's finally happening. XP is achieving security through obsolescence.

>The Cold War ends witth us Atom Bombing eachother through computers

how hard is it to get a tourist visa to visit russia?

what should a foreigner do in order to not attract the attention of law enforcement? I take it picture taking is probably a no no.

#REKT

This is just a ploy to make everyone update to a newer version of 10

I only have one Windows machine anymore and it's just for Simple Planes and the occasional Windows only program. I don't do much else with the platform.

>The largest used OS will die soon
ok

I just can't move to linux, I'm too pleb for that.

Flash have been compromised for 3 years or so. The ones who still use it without any precautions can be "hacked" in many other ways already.
see: Hacking Team leaks

kek

STRONTIUM must accomplish three objectives in order for the attack to succeed:

Exploit Flash to gain control of the browser process
Elevate privileges in order to escape the browser sandbox
Install a backdoor to provide access to the victim’s computer

So NOT A MICROSOFT PROBLEM, but an ADOBE problem. It is about time flash was killed off. Who the fuck needs it anyway? I havent used flash for 12 months now. I cannot find a single solitary fucking reason to use it. Youtube videos load fine without it. Name a single solitary reason you need flash for anything that cannot be better handled by a better technology. PRO TIP: you cant

How bad do you have to mess up for this to be exploited?

How would anyone even connect to anything other than my router if I don't start an outgoing connection? I have 0 ports forwarded.

>customers using the Microsoft Edge browser
It's not because Edge browser is immune, it's because nobody uses it.

>tfw this will never be patched for windows 7

Gayming is more important than freedom and security.

LOL

C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D

Should have upgraded to 10 when you had the chance.

Real question.
Or is the windows firewall so shit it doesn't ask about the outgoing connection here?

win7 is in extended support, which means you'll still get security updates

but they'll find a way out I guess...

microsoft have never ever fixed their security holes

It cant ask about that, imagine the shitstorm if it detected outgoing informations to microsoft

>DA EVIL RUSSIANS ARE HACKING US

Are Americans actually dumb enough to believe this shit the media puts out

Sadly yes.
But there are some of us that just laugh.

im already on linux trying to figure out qemu but its going slowly

CAN THEY STOP BLAMING RUSSIA HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS LIKE THEY WANT WW3

HA AQEMU FRONTEND suck it assholes suck my fucking cock

b-b-b-but linux had a local root exploit

those matter a lot