Moot in charge of Sup Forums

>moot in charge of Sup Forums
>successful site/business

>moot retires
>Sup Forums going out of business
Okay, pretend I'm a complete fuckhead when it comes to any finance-related aspect of the web.

What administrative decisions could possibly impact Sup Forums's financial decisions to such a degree? Would this have happened anyway? Redpill me guys.

Also, I've had a few and didn't proofread my post.

I bet you can parse it though.

Lack of confidence in chinkmoot

the market has spoken

Sup Forums under moot had a growing userbase but was not financially successful. That's why he left

Moot didn't have to pay for the site all at once. He started it with money he had and kept it going and then sold it. It wasn't like he was expecting to deliver against a purchase price. Also consider that he sold it.

It's not failing because he sold it, he sold it because it was failing.

he made a good exit

if he had stayed on, the site would be no different in terms of failure

Moot has been doing a lot of shit on the side to bring in funding. People donated a good deal several times. But now that he turned complete cuck and drove off all the oldfags with his sjw mods in favour of children userbase this place is sinking fast. Hiroshima Nagasaki thought he'd make dough. But most oldfags want to see this place butned nown now because too much reddit and overwhelming moralfaggotry cancer.

Chinkmoot wants money, moot understood Sup Forums can't really generate money.

Moot sold chinkmoot pebbles as if they were gold nuggets, truly a jew.

i don't care if Sup Forums makes money

go to a forum that makes money (lol) and see how terrible they all are

Something awful springs to mind.

Sup Forums was never successful.

At times it broke even, but that's the best it ever achieved. There were many times when moot needed help to keep the site up and times when he couldn't keep it up.

>What administrative decisions could possibly impact Sup Forums's financial decisions to such a degree?
Lying about the cost and financial situation in an effort to sow the seeds of fear and uncertainty in order to drum up pass sales.

Unfortunately this. Just like everything from the last decade has turned to shit, why did I expect 4chin to be any different?

The soul of the place is perverted, everything is different. Most boards are unironically r*ddit. It's an over used meme to say but for the. Out part it's true. Boards like /trv/, /out/ and obvious ones like /lgbtfag/ or whatever it's called.

The few boards that still maintain a shred of that inhospitable pack mentality where you could always tell who was a day tripper - they've turned a worse fate than permanent 404 sleep. It's gone the opposite direction. Where once underageb&s were in every 1 in 5 threads. There is none of it, no more cohesion to know who really is who anymore.

So we live in a toilet bowl that never gets flushed anymore. Whatever old fags remain are mixed fro, different gens, then you've got tumblrinas, then you've got raids, then you've got idiots jumping on board and woefully acting cancerous.

My board count went down from actively 12 to 3. Sup Forums, /his/ and /gif/ for fap.

A lot of oldfags are on Sup Forums now. It's pretty much Sup Forums 2.0 and they occasionally have threads where people post all the old memes from years ago.

certain boards on SA were pretty good ~10 years ago. Sup Forums "culture" owes a lot to it. Showing my age but after I got banned for 3rd time I said fuck em though.

I miss moot. ;_;

chan going out of business
It's not, hiro is faking it to add more intrusive advertising and pay2post boards.

OP here

My understanding is that Moot himself is quite ... comfortable.

Is that a crime committed by Moot or his successor? Are you saying this is something that HELPED Sup Forums's finances, or hurt it?

moot is.
Sup Forums never was.

Okay, so that's basically why I started the thread. I'm confused as to how this could be. What are the underlying mechanisms at work here?

He sold Sup Forums and got hired at Google.

I'm saying that moot left saying that although Sup Forums was not a moneymaker it was stable and in no danger of closing down i.e. finances are fine. Less than two months later we got Hiro adding malware ads. He says Sup Forums is in danger and we have three options, decrease Sup Forums's capabilities like lower file size limitations, more intrusive ads like pop-ups, or people buy more passes and get added features.

Two horrible choices and the one he wants looking less bad by comparison. Now we have a return of malware ads and Hiro posting misinformation on the blog claiming Sup Forums costs around $90k a month to run. When moot left he posted statistics that showed around 3PB a month when Sup Forums was "stable" and yet Hiro is now claiming 3PB a month is killing Sup Forums.

moot was seemingly honest and open about pass sales and didn't push people to buy them. Hiro is creating an environment in which people are afraid Sup Forums is broke as shit and at risk of death to drive up pass sales. He's also added shit like that "pass user since" clover and the pass-only /vip/ board board, and is trying to make changes to the site that will kill 3rd party archives so that he can put Sup Forums's archives behind the pass paywall. This kind of shit is anathema to Sup Forums.

moot lucked out. fbi/nsa needed a honeypot for a while and that helped him out after those failed mexico shenanigans, but where he really struck gold was all the bitcoin he made from passes. he was smart to bail on this money suck of a site when he did.

>What administrative decisions
isn't this just a web server with a template ?

Chinkashima is lying about not being able to afford server costs. Mike Cernovich was on a podcast recently where he said he had a multi-million dollar proposal to buy Sup Forums and he never heard a word from the shifty gook.

>so that he can put Sup Forums's archives behind the pass paywall.
[citation needed]

- Sent from my Sup Forums Gold Account

>I think archives will be one of Sup Forums pass features.

You can see a failed attempt here

He also says he's working on a search engine, which seems like it would be useful if you wanted to gather information on user behavior. It's not like the catalog already has search for current threads and the third party archives have search for dead ones.

I think he meant those temporary archives that are already on some boards.
People suggested that he should turn them off because it would bring down costs.

This

>What are the underlying mechanisms at work here?
He sold Sup Forums to Hiroshima Nagasaki for a lot of money and got hired at Google (earning a comfortable sum of money).

Gookmook bought Sup Forums under the (false?) premise that he was going to make money off it. It turned out it was a scheme all along, and yellowmoot is now scaling down to reduce cost of operation.

It's not rocket science.

>>/qa/797506

Holy shit, how can anyone be this fucking retarded?

Read, save and spread

Read. Saved. Still ad blocking. Still not buying a pass.

>successful site/business
Wasn't a business, and moot was essentially hemorrhaging out money on Sup Forums, even talking about how he was hemorrhaging money after he made passes a thing.

Still, I'm kinda confused about the whole "Not closing down anytime soon" and Hiro shitting himself about losing a ton of money, even after everyone buys a pass

ITT, retards that think a NEET like hiro would BUY and KEEP a business that loses money.

Sup Forums makes money. enough to pay server costs and take a big enough margin for hiro to live off of

>>moot in charge of Sup Forums
>>successful site/business

hi u must be new here! :3

That Hiro guy just wants to sell passes like he did in 2ch.

Who?

Can confirm basically everything else on the site is trash or dead

Thank fuck v and tv died blue boards so shit

Sounds like a clever businessman trying to milk the cow for as much as its worth.

>clever
that's a strange way to spell jewish

No, it surely isn't the fact that we have much higher traffic

You're a fucking idiot

>successful business
lmao (laughing my ass of)

Sup Forums was dying

since before I got here

Not sure if Mandela effect or what, but I remember moot saying that he received several sums of money from an ONG, that he used to buy servers, not rent them.

>ONG
Oklahoma Natural Gas?

lol no

pol takes itself too seriously to actually be populated by oldfags

One Nation Government

/trv/ is fucking good, fuck off. It's ok to enjoy some shit that isn't edgy 24/7 SOMETIMES jesus christ

a site like this kind, as it was, can only be good "in that way" if it is relatively obscure

once a site acquires a certain popularity, the creatures that shun the light scurry back to other dark corners of pure goatse

You have got to be joking. There are literally no oldfags on Sup Forums, the very few remaining are on the nip focused boards. Sup Forums is a bigger cancer than Sup Forums ever was, no oldfag would ever post there.