/wt/- Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches.
Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

obrismorgan.com/explorerii.html
forums.watchuseek.com/f2/automatic-watch-motorcycle-riding-3032698.html
forums.watchuseek.com/f2/automatic-watches-motorcycle-riding-yes-no-1043003.html
tapatalk.com/topic/13788-watchuseek/3032698-automatic-watch-and-motorcycle-riding
watchsleuth.com/
forums.watchuseek.com/f21/mm300-marine-master-accuracy-poll-218814.html#/topics/218814?_k=ngaztk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does anyone know if the next Obris Morgan Explorer II watch run is this November 19th or was that last year? obrismorgan.com/explorerii.html

Pic related: The watch I'm going to cop

Computers and phones don't get their timing from Quartz. Most electronics with clocks get timing from the AC supply frequency, 50hz. Phones have Quartz for processor timing but the phones time is set by the network and of ntp

>absolut perfection coming thru

>hairspring isn't a cobalt alloy
>no balance regulator dial
>no tourbillon
into the trash it goes

>tourbillion in wristwatch
Kekeke
>no regulator on a free sprung balance
Even more keks

If you think there's something wrong with having a tourbillon in a wristwatch you're high as hell.

Mhh also curious about this now

It does literally nothing in a wristwatch.
It looks cool but the perfect movement wouldnt have one senpai.

>It looks cool but the perfect movement wouldnt have one senpai.
prove it

My recently acquired SSC253P1.

Averaging the positional variance along one axis isn't nothing, even if the watch moves around more than the one axis.

>Vostok Amphibia SE
>QC

Top kek, I'd better stick to classic Amphibias.

Why doesn't anyone ever post HMT watches? They have some of the most reliable Japanese movements ever made with an eternal supply of cheap parts to fix them if anything ever goes wrong.

Never had this problem on any Vostoks

Tourbillons were invented for wall clocks, not wristwatches. They are impractical.

They've been totally silent since the aegis was released a year ago. My guess is the huge price hike of 9015s has something to do with it but they've always been slow as fuck and uncommunicative.

Because they're fucking garbage

So, I've gotten a bike.
Is it okay to wear my sarb while riding?

Nice argument

What does Sup Forums think about my grail?

I wonder the same thing.

I ride mine with my Seiko on my wrist, but I cringe when thete's a small bump.

But honestly I think it's autism and that we should calm our tits.

It's gaudy as fuck.

I prefer my 50 bux SNK.

I just ordered a 1st gen moto 360 for 83€ (warehouse deal).
Did i fug up?

gaudy is a poor persons word

Tasteless. Buy a new watch design instead.

This answer is a nouveau riche answer.

Can anyone give me the rundown on universal steel watch bands? If I want to buy an inexpensive but still name brand band, what do I search for? As far as I can tell, I should be searching for things like "22mm steel band", right? But I'm getting only chink shit results which all have reviews that state "falls apart in 6 months".

Please advise

I heard it might damage the rotor or something.
What bike do you have? Are you still riding? Getting the bike at the end of the season might have been a very stupid idea.

Strapcode make decent bracelets, I've got the Super Oyster on my SKX & the Super Engineer on my Pulsar.

It's a Honda Vision, so not a motorbike. In my country we call that a scooter bike.

Still riding it, still no damage, so I think the movement is robust enough. On the long term I'm not too sure, it would be nice if other bikers came chiming in.

Is this blasphemy?

I think a type 1 like mine would look better as is has softer edges.

Do you happen to have a link? Not seeing anything labeled type 1

Subjecting a mechanical system to microvibrations is never a good idea.
I would worry about even an analog quartz.
Take your watch off while you're riding or get a gshock.

Watches and bikes

forums.watchuseek.com/f2/automatic-watch-motorcycle-riding-3032698.html

forums.watchuseek.com/f2/automatic-watches-motorcycle-riding-yes-no-1043003.html

tapatalk.com/topic/13788-watchuseek/3032698-automatic-watch-and-motorcycle-riding

>Take your watch off while you're riding or get a gshock.

I use my bike as a daily commuter for work, so I can't take it off.

G-shocks... I really don't like them.

Guys, I have a question about NATOs.

I was compiling a list of sellers, partly to update strap guide, partly because I want a new one. I was already set on Timefactors from which I bought plenty, plus their latest straps have sick bead blasted rings with angled corners. And then I checked ToxicNATOs which I heard a lot about, and I saw the exact SAME FUCKING RINGS.

And there's more! For some reason, the webpage title of ToxicNATOs' shop is literally
>ToxicN8os nato strap, nylon strap, timefactors | toxicnatos.com | ToxicNATOs
Is there an affiliation with Timefactors or are they merely stealing Google referencing? Nowhere on the internet is there a proper webpage implying a link between the two, yet clearly they have the same steel hardware, and probably same straps as well. On top of that, ToxicNATOs is a new kid around the block yet has WAY MORE COLORS AND FINISHES than the old Timefactors.

Is that all? No. All their straps look like plenty others I see elsewhere, and then their disclaimer says this:
>Were are not affiliated with International Watchman, and we DO NOT claim ownership of G10 or NATO. Zulu, and Maratac are registered trademarks of Maratac Inc.
Their other straps certainly look identical to Maratacs and IWs, which ironically are both along with Timefactors in the absolute top fucking highest range of NATO straps, so I can obviously confirm they're the best straps out there. Still, they're the exact same straps, albeit much pricier.

So are they just selling the same straps from the same manufacturers even though the aformentioned brands have been claiming to produce their own for over a decade, is there a stealthy affiliation, is there a scam, is ToxicNATOs only the US reseller considering IW are Swiss and Timefactors are Brits?

Anyone has any slight idea why they're selling the same straps for twice the price?

Pic related: Timefactors strap

And identical ones at ToxicNATOs.

AND NOW NATOSTRAP.COM HAS THE SAME ONES

WHAT IS HAPPENING

Have we really been lied to all along about supposed "exclusive internal productions" by the big brands in the area for a decade?

My Skx007 gets up to a minute a day slow when I ride for a while, my bike is a 400cc inline four and has very little vibration too.

>let me jeopardize the watch that is cooler than my lame bike

lel

opinion on Invicta? My dad's in love with them

>microvibrations
THE EARTH IS SPINNING ALREADY BRO AND THERE'S GRAVITY

It's a /wt/'s favorite.

Divers with perlon straps? yay nay?

I figure if mine was designed to handle a ride into space, it can probably handle a ride across town.

Allright guys, but we're talking daily commuting.

--> Daily vibrations and shocks due to bumps and whatnot.

>designed to handle a ride into space
You mean like any Casio?

Monochrome divers go with anything really. This isn't the case of all divers, so abuse the fuck out of perlons.

Though I generally prefer a quality shiny NATO.

user, i just found my watch. Always was on the search for something 'minimal'. Nearly bought some meme watch. But i stayed strong...

All i wanted was a good looking analog watch. But no "Bulg Eye" like the Diver (just not my style). Now i found something, i really like. What can you tell me about the SNAF51P1 ?

Can't you just take your watch off and put it in your pocket / bag? If you travel your commute DAILY than you should know how long it takes. It isn't ideal but if you're that autistic about that'll do.

It's fine. a Rolex President is literally the only solid gold watch that has some class and doesn't make you look like a nigger rap star.

>What can you tell me about the SNAF51P1 ?
It's one of the countless obscure Seiko models only a couple buyers know about. Seriously they have so many some suspect they may have even more than Casio.

Still if you wanted something minimal, there's more minimal. Try a Seiko Cocktail Time, or one of the many basic Seikos.

This complete and thorough Seiko catalog can help watchsleuth.com/

OrientStar Retrograde on Gekota mesh.
Sexy 'lil thing

In my pocket, in a bubble pack. Simple.

Thank you user, this satisfies my autism greatly.

They have (shitty) quartz timers ,but use ntp to stay accurate

Thanks for the quick reply.

But "minimal" is not the exact term. I just like thin lines. I mean minimal like a Breitling Navitimer World (of course i will never own this one but just as an example). It is fully featured and kind of minimal because everything is pretty filigree. Also the Seiko Cocktail Time is out of my budget. Was looking for something below 200 Euro as good looking, analog daily driver.

Yes. Every brand but the super high end italian ones are chink sourced.
Just go with the ones that have qc control like timefactors and natostrapsco

Show him an MDV106 and he'll love it even more

>QC control
Or, or, you just buy a bunch of chink $2 straps made in the exact same factory.

Well that's a lot of lies then, especially from Timefactors.

Still, straps at ToxicNATOs and NATOstraps.com are $6 to $10 more expensive than others, and shipping is like $4. So they're pretty much rip offs when you know that.

Well find that factory and you tell me. I'm not seeing those on the usual chink websites, including wholesale ones.

no

Search "Sterile Watch" on aliexpress or ebay and show him better options.

If you are poor: Steinharts Ocean 1
If you are rich: Rolex Submariner

Watch thread closed. JK, but I've never found anything that satisfies what I look for in a watch like those two.

Perlons go with literally everything. Go nuts
Strap an f91w on your handlebars

>Overpriced nigger shit
>chink shit
The seamaster 300 and Seiko MM300 are the best luxury divers on the market bar none.

>Omega diver
>$3k unadjusted Seiko in a monoblock case
>good

Tip top kek, plebfriend.

on a scale of 1 - 10 how stylish is this watch i just ordered Sup Forums?

Zero

y tho?

There isn't a single MM300 sold that deviates more than 5s a day, and the consistancy will be rock solid.
Seiko USA will service a MM300 for around 300 bucks for a full cleaning and oiling.
At around 3k theres nothing wrong with the seamaster pro, especially with the 7-9 service interval, and again Omega USA will do a full service for around 300 bucks.

You seem like a reasonable person

>5s a day

Or it could do +14s/d and Seiko will refuse to regulate it under warranty because it's within spec.

Then you can try get quotes for regulating a mono block watch and enjoy your sticker shock.

>Omega diver instead of a Tudor at that price

L O L

Just got a BM8180-03E. It's in power save mode will just wearing it be enough to charge it back to normal or do i need to bust out the flashlight?

Again, there hasn't been a single MM300 sold over +- 5 secs. This is a gs movement not a 7s26
A seamaster pro has a better bracelet, bezel and will need to be serviced less and MUCH cheaper than the BB.
I love the BB red but tudor will fuck you on servicing the in house movement.
You can get the ETA but at 3k the omega is the much better watch for the same money.

Dude did seiko fuck your mom or something?
Everytime that watch is brought up you gey triggered to high heaven

>flashlight
If you're too retarded to understand whay UV is, why would time mean anything to you?
return the watch user

I actually really like Seikos in general, it's just that one watch that annoys the shit out of me because putting an unadjusted movement in a one piece case is fucking retarded.

If they made that watch with a normal screw back case I'd be shilling it like crazy because then it would be easy to have it regulated or to do.it yourself and just get it pressure tested afterwards.

Dearest /wt/ I need your expertise: Seiko srp551k1 or Orient Star classic SEL05005S0 value for money/better one

Which one of those should i go with?

You wont have accuracy issues with a mm300, and the crystal unscrews.
Stop spewing unfounded bullshit.

rate

Because they are fucking shit.

It only took me seven seconds to find a thread with multiple reports of MM300s running worse than +5s/d:

forums.watchuseek.com/f21/mm300-marine-master-accuracy-poll-218814.html#/topics/218814?_k=ngaztk

New frogman is a much better watch

I was basing my claim on Seyia reviews, but ok.
Again, this a GS movement, if it consistanly gains 10s thats not a issue.
It's still the best diver in it's price class, and you can add 50-100 bucks and send it to seiko where they'll regulate it for you. Not a big deal for a ~$1900 watch.

>Brietling Navitimer
>minimal

>QC control
>quality control control

Actually it charges perfectly fine with artificial light.

Just put it in sunlight for a bit or normal wearing if not under a cuff will be fine.

i really like the look of the blancpain fifty fathoms
what does /wt/ think to the seiko fifty five fathoms homage?
is it worth buying one which has already been modified through eBay or should I do it myself?
alternatively, explain why homages are awful

You're confusing eco drive and tough solar

I quite like them. I would be happy with an unmodded SNZH57 myself.

user what do you think of Alpha Watches?

The only watch they make that is worth buying is the paul newman rep.

I also like their GMT

Let me get this straight: You were arguing with me based solely upon reading reviews on Seiya's page and without doing ANY Googling to check if I was right?

Yup. I'm done with this conversation.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

I'm not, I've had pic related for around 15 years.