Why is it that everyone gay and hipster uses a Mac?

Why is it that everyone gay and hipster uses a Mac?

I thought mactards said they were for artists?

Those aren't conflicting statements.

kek

>know this dude at college
>armed alright but he had the whole numale betacuck getup and the entire "apple ecosystem"
>Pours me some whisky and goes full "diversity is code for white genocide somebody needs to stop these kikes"

Never know desu.

topkek

An iPhone is not a "Mac", education, get some.

I go to Reed College in Portland, OR. The computer system is based on Mac except for 4 lone Windows 7 desktops in the library. Everyone, from the students to the faculty, owns a macbook. And I mean pretty much everyone. The college's "computer shop" only sells macbooks. Its rental computers are macbooks and ipads.

My assumption is that macs just werk and they are assumed to be a high quality laptop capable of anything community members may need to do, including specialized software related to the sciences. It also would make maintenance much easier if tech support only needed to know the ins and outs of just one type of computer.

It's a Sup Forums meme that macs are only for homos. Normies in general are mac-users. Anyone weirder than that is actually just going to use a Windows 10 machine.

>portland
>everyone uses macs

color me shocked...

>I go to Reed College in Portland, OR. The computer system is based on Mac except for 4 lone Windows 7 desktops in the library.
>It's a Sup Forums meme that macs are only for homos.
wat
>make a point
>contradict yourself 2 paragraphs later

Steve Jobs also went there. Also, Portland is a haven for hipsters that use Macs. Saying people at Reed use Macs is like saying people that play video games use Windows.

you might have a point

and?

>Reed College

So basically poetry reciting, starbucks sipping, modern dance watching worthless faggots that contribute nothing to society. And you're all computer illiterate mactoddlers on top of that. Big surprise.

>liberal arts college
>all mactards

Fucking KEK

honestly it's only on Sup Forums that people seem to interpret owning a mac as some sort of life statement or something. like every product, every article of clothing, every single thing a person uses is a deliberate statement about how that person sees the world.

the truth is people just don't give anywhere near that many fucks. you guys are reading too much into this. if you think gays and hipsters gravitate toward macs, it's because you went looking for gay and hipster mac users and saw them. you just happened to ignore that faggots and hipsters also use everything else.

this is like driving around looking for shitty drivers in BMWs to back up a preconception that BMW drivers are shitty. in your determined search to prove yourself right, you're going to miss
1) a lot of shitty drivers not in BMWs, and
2) a lot of BMW drivers not shitting up driving.

but you guys don't seem to see any of that.

just chill

>i go to a homosexual college for scientifically/technologically/mathematically challenged people
>It's a Sup Forums meme that macs are only for homos

u w0t m8?

>liberal arts college

>poetry reciting
no, people tried to start open mic nights and those never took off. People go to dances or concerts held on campus and party in their free time. Other people (like myself until recently) participate in activism.
>starbucks sipping
Coffee in general. We have three coffee shops on campus and 4 places in general to get coffee, so no need to go to Starbucks. It's not too far away but still needlessly out of the way.
>modern dance watching
Dance is just one type of event that goes on on campus. Reedies are more likely to go to a lecture than a dance performance.
>worthless faggots
Eh. Most people are straight though we do have queer people (gay and non-binary)
>that contribute nothing to society
Like I said, a surprising amount of people are committed to "activism" and community service
>And you're all computer illiterate mactoddlers
Not me tho

Reed College is also the school Steve Jobs attended before dropping out, then continued dropping in to classes he thought were interesting, like the calligraphy course he credits for inspiring the original Mac's multiple typefaces and proportionally-spaced fonts.

Maybe it's not a huge surprise then that it's a very Mac-friendly school.

>mactards
Just because they use it doesn't mean they especially care about the brand. I don't know people's general view of Apple or Macs. All I know is that when they need a computer they use a Mac.

That's pretty much the situation at Reed I think.

it's not a homosexual college. don't know where you all are getting this impression from. I would think that Reed would be synonymous with drugs rather than queerness.

>college in general

I guess that might be true. In the computer repair shop at the front desk is an old Apple II computer visitors can mess around with. I don't know however Jobs's relationship to Reed after he got big, like how much he's donated. I should ask about that sometime.

>liberal arts college

not the guy you're replying to, but it sounds like john nash shit to make the conclusion that reed college is way into macs just because steve jobs was there for a few years informally taking classes and dropping out and shit.

macs are reasonably common at almost every university. if steve jobs gave them a huge grant or visited reed a lot after coming to apple or something, i would buy the claim that reed is mac-heavy. otherwise, i kind of feel like the odds or pretty even that the school would have a lot of macs and whatnot.

again, i'm not ruling out the possibility that apple has ensured that everyone at reed college has a mac, but if you go outside thinking about macs all the time, you're going to remember every time you saw a mac and not necessarily remember every time you saw any other computer. especially if the person is just casually using it - they just sort of fade into the background of your perception

Don't get me wrong, I've seen people use other stuff, like one of the thin Thinkpads and a Dell laptop, and I myself have never owned Apple. But the overwhelming majority seriously do use a Macbook. If you're in a conference (a discussion-based class) where laptops are allowed and you look around the room, you see that glowing logo all around you.

>liberal arts college

I forgot to mention that we have a Computer Science major and almost 30% of students major in a science or Mathematics degree

i think we're in agreement, but i'd point out that you might look around in a conference or especially in a lecture and perceive that everyone has a mac because you see glowing apples everywhere, but i can't think of many laptops that have logos that are lit. in these kinds of scenarios, it's vaguely like counting the number of people in a group versus counting the number of flashlights they're holding. you're going to notice the flashlights almost to the exclusion of the people.

I went to CS at my college for two years before I saw a Mac in class.