Why does Sup Forums hate IPv6?

Why does Sup Forums hate IPv6?

Other urls found in this thread:

tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7157
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shit IoT krap
>b-but my flowers need to be online!

So you be sayin, if smartphones and embedded systems won't have WAN IPs, IPv4 would be enough?

Not saying that's bad. When I bought a HDSPA modem back in 2007, my mobile net had real IP not NATed sheet.

a phone provider should have WAN's users have no business using WAN's (unless they pay)

Educate yourself.

Because Sup Forums is full of literal retards.

what does it even has anything to do with ipv6?

Maybe sour grape or just because 4chin hates everything. I don't have and don't hate it either.

Because it never happened

because i cant connect to your minecraft server using IPv6 address

because i like how my ip address changes every now and then, allowing me to avoid staying banned from using a specific service

because its too big and i dont want to decipher shit

Because they're too stupid to be learn how to use in properly.

Terraria doesn't work either.

Because it's a design by committee clusterfuck of biblical proportions?

>sane routing over point-to-point links (e.g. cable modems) because link-local addresses; no need to be in a /22 with all your neighbours
>simpler routing because less public address space fragmentation
>NAT and port forwarding and all the associated complexity/bullshit is completely gone, less work for routers
>address scopes solve the problem of address collisions in private address spaces (e.g. VPNs)
>SLAAC is simpler than DHCP for small networks which don't need it
>prefix delegation further reduces the need for manual configuration
>deprecation of IP fragmentation, a common source of security problems, especially in shoddy implementations
>path MTU discovery opens the door to larger frames over the internet
These are just off the top of my head. Stop resisting progress.

With more IoT devices, more IP addresses need to be assigned. IPv6 increases the total possible amount of IP addresses that can be assigned to a number where running won't ever be a concern (the number is something like 8e20 something TIMES AS MANY AS total IPvr4 addresses. IPv4 has issues with longevity due to the total number of possible addresses being 4.3 billion. Look up IPv4 address exhaustion.

botnet

Because it's not free? Otherwise, Sup Forums dgaf

>IPv6 is not free
>Privacy Extensions don't exist
Home Internet providers will hand out dynamic prefixes so that they can charge extra for static "business" connections. For once, corporate greed benefits the user.

do they? I've been dual stack for a while now, what problems does Sup Forums have?

>implying more address is the only advantage of ipv6

its not needed. instead of having an IoT we could, you know, have a single device connected to the internet. Use local protocol to id your shit in the house and have it networked to one household ip
but that IS the only advantage. even so it still requires local routing with MAC addresses, negating the benefit of more addresses. Not to mention it is more complex and not as easy to remember a hex string.

tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7157

Because of bad naming convention

Imagine situations when your pajeet employees have to call pajeet tech support and they say to read their ipv6 IP address

Shit would be hilarious to watch