Just bought this
>XPS 13"
>13,3" FHD InfinityEdge (1920x1080)
>Intel® Core™ i7-7500U
>8GB LPDDR3 1866MHz
>256 GB PCIe SSD-disk

How fucked am I ?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/RB-DELL-XPS-15-HD-TOUCH-INTEL-CORE-i5-6300-8GB-256GB-NOTEBOOK-XPS9550-0000SLV-/262658224087?hash=item3d27a66fd7:g:x08AAOSwepJXWMf~
quora.com/When-is-the-2016-2017-refresh-of-Dell-XPS-15-coming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like a nice purchase m8! :)

Not fucked at all since it's the best laptop out there currently. Which says a lot about the technology state, given that it's a fucking DELL

do they put glass screens on 1080p models too now or your pic is unrelated?

you fell for the meme.

thx :)
Yeah, I agree.
I think the picture is from the old 4k model.
This picture is probably the one I bought.
Yeah...

not going bleeding edge with the new generations of macbook's, you done bad, seriously return it before it breaks.

>> Apple owns everything right now.

little cool info that button on the side near headphone jack when you press it while laptop isnt plugged it shows the remainng battery

neat, thanks

Now put a real operating system on it. #ARCH LINUX

stupid hipster

>all of these specs
>in the end, it runs Windwoes
>not having MBP+gaymen r1g

goof'd.

shit keyboard

You got Thunderbolt 3?
Then no problem. Enjoy your laptop.

I have an XPS15. Honestly the only thing about the new XPS machines that isn't good is the webcam placement. Everything else is literally perfection.

Best laptop in market can't do something as simple as let you change brightness.

Into trash it goes.

what's this i'm hearing about all the QA issues with the XPS13s?

>only 1920x1080
>only 256gb
>Dell
>shitty build quality

pretty fucked m8

How's the keyboard?

all this shilling

I know theese ":)"

Whats with you and you indians doing those stupid fucking smiley faces?

haha sorry my friend :) :) ok friend we're not shill

do you really need all this hardware just to browse the internet?
Wouldn't it be better to own thinkpax x220 and save the money?

:) :) :) :) :)

no shill???? ?? ?? ? ? ? ? ]

ok sir!

: )) ) ) ) ) )) ) ))

Literally the best laptop on the market, you did well lad.

>dell

Dell always had a good line of business/top end laptops IMO. It's their general consumer stations that need to be purged with fire.

I rather get pic related with dedicated trackpad buttons and no ugly carbon pattern.

I was about to get this last year, but I really needed the drawing and writing functionalities of a tablet. I ended up with a Surface and I'm happy.

it does let you change brightness youre a retard

I own the x230, and it pretty much does everything I want it to.

But there's two downsides: awful resolution, and those disgusting monitor panel bezels.

>default Windows 10 wallpaper
>a searchlight pointing through an open window, illuminating everything behind the window

Really gets those neurons firing.

>i7-7500U
enjoy that 1% IPC improvement for 30% higher price

But M7 processor....

I canceled it :^)

Have they dealt with the coil whine yet? What about the shitty wifi chip?

>shitty build quality
>xps

fuck off, the dell laptops that are real fucking shit are the super cheap trash for general consumers

their high ends are actually good

I'm thinking of getting the Dell Inspiron 17, specs are in pic related.

What's the difference between this and the Dell XPS 13? This one has a bigger screen and way better specs.

Are you saying their Inspiron line is trash? Because most netbooks well be shit no matter who's the manufacturer.

10% off too

And no offense OP, but that looks like a fucking netbook

>battery cycle out within months
>best laptop

Since this is a Dell XPS thread

Bought this, Skylake XPS15, don't need anything fancy just something to program on.

Seller is highly marked and it if refurbished, but if something's wrong I'm capable of repairs.

how fucked am I?

ebay.com/itm/RB-DELL-XPS-15-HD-TOUCH-INTEL-CORE-i5-6300-8GB-256GB-NOTEBOOK-XPS9550-0000SLV-/262658224087?hash=item3d27a66fd7:g:x08AAOSwepJXWMf~

not as good as a MacBook Pro which dominates the 13" laptop category

Well, the XPS13 is smaller, a better screen, InfinityEdge and a SSD.

>LPDDR3
Not DDR4

this was a feature in the 2008-2012 macbooks era and was absolutely hated and called "unnecessary and a fucking gimmick" around here.

how time changes :^)

How's the trackpad?

:(

shit

Oh yeah cause that matters

It's bullshit that the battery is only factory replaceable, but it's probably not a big deal if you don't mind voiding your warranty.

Other than that it looks like a beautiful computer. I'm jelly.

You don't "need" it but some people like having a really snappy, small computer with a good screen.

react to me nuttin' on your mums face kid

Its actually a really well build computer

the only thing I can't stand is the keyboard, its really small

>Google ups quality control
>All those bended laptops threads, my speakers doesn’t work, laptop crashes while watching videos
>”They are okay guys1!!”

>It's bullshit that the battery is only factory replaceable, but it's probably not a big deal if you don't mind voiding your warranty.
its an ultrabook, what ultrabook batteries are self serviceable?

Just purchased a Dell Gaming laptop, am I fucked ? It looked like an amazing deal compared to MSI's, Acer's and whatnot. I'll do light editing other than casual stuff and some vidya.

Friendly reminder that I live in a shitty 3rd world country that keeps getting fucked by USD every year and lost 3 Macbook Pro's in 5 years to 2 freak accidents - 1 theft, so my budget was very limited.

I just feel if you game on laptops, the heat will kill it after a year. (Meaning, your laptop will be a slow potato after a year)

>dell gaming laptop
which one? the inspiron 15's or the gaylienware

m8 I'm just gonna play some Xcom2 for a few hours, 2-3 days a week tops. Also one of the reasons I went Dell was it has an extra fan instead of a DVD drive.

Inspiron 15 7559, fagware not sold in my country for some reason.

Shit tier consumer trash. XPS/Latitude or bust

I've had several issues with my XPS 13 2015.

>Keyboard arrived fucked, called Dell they sent a repair guy over for free (incompetent because he lost my screws but came back another time and found them stuck to the magnetic speakers).

>DisplayPort came fucked, didn't notice until 6 months later when I first tried it, called Dell they sent a repair guy over for free (super incompetent, my system would restart ever time I picked it up, ended up going in there myself and found out he used a wrong screw for securing the SSD causing it to fail with the slightest pressure)

Fucking repair guys need to kill themselves and Dell needs to get better QC

/thread

What is this fucking LGBT RAM?

>infinity edge
>implying no bezel
>obviously has 2-3 CM of bezel.

I would throw $1500 on a laptop that was a true infinity edge. Imagine a no bezel laptop, or monitor for that matter.

what's the comparable latitude model (3000/5000/7000) to the xps 13?

And any reason why someone would chose it over the XPS? I see it recommended alongside the XPS often.

I have my Dell Inspiron for over a year and I have no desire or need to replace it.

Dell makes some pretty good laptops.

>no lte
I've been looking at the latitude 7000 series. How does it compare?

Holy shit m8 you made me really jealous.

My dell laptop from year 2000 has this feature but it was located on the battery.

> tfw living in a poor country and can't afford anything better than budget celeron shittops.

Im absolutely calm about apple, because i know how cucked it is, but looking at something like dell. This perfection. Hurrr it's terrible
Sorry. I need to have a drink.

Yeah some Inspirons are OK.

But Dell isn't an exclusive club of premium devices with great, modern specs.

They challenge Acer in the mainstream market among others and their build quality can be very similar to Acer's as well, shit.

Shit trackpad, no clitmouse

Keyboard is meh

You have a point. I was a bit cautious buying ot from Best Buy at the time.

wait you cancelled your order ? or just grabbed i5 instead?

Enjoy your "content adaptive brightness" you can't disable.

yeah to all 3 of these things
touchpad is shit
keyboard is nearly as shit
which sucks
cause i really want one

Cancelled it. I think I might just wait and see what 2017 brings.

Prove it.

Better yet, prove you even placed the order in the first place and you aren't just a fucking tool

Right ok. I'm thinking of getting an XPS too but 15". If you look on Dell's website almost all the XPS models are still shipping with 6th gen processors. I think it's only like 1 or 2 of the 13" models are shipping with 7th gen kaby lake

this thread made me think it's worth waiting a couple months to see what happens: quora.com/When-is-the-2016-2017-refresh-of-Dell-XPS-15-coming

>not falling for the UHD and touchscreen memes
Good for you, both are pretty much useless in the current year.

Also, uninstall the stock Windows ASAP, I've had a shitton or problems with drivers until I did a clean install.

Overall, congrats on your purchase. Good choice.

What difference does it make

Can't prove that it's cancelled. I just emailed them some hours ago.
I guess they will make a 15" with seventh gen intel and 1000 series GPU.
So probably worth waiting for that. Maybe they do some other teaks too, because I read one dude saying the screen was ghosting.
But I will also just wait and see what they come up with.

Only real negative i've heard about the XPS laptops is the lack of a glass trackpad.

Apparently it's susceptible to discolouration thanks to oils and such ink your fingers.

Why has the Kirby Lake XPS had a step down in GPU from an Iris 540/550 to a 620?

I want the xps shills to leave

Your alternate recommendations?
$2,000 mac?
5 year old thinkpad?
Please, I'm all ears

The Surface Line is pretty nice looking at least in my opinion. And HP's higher end isn't... so bad these days.

Surface is a tablet though.
High-performance Dell's are much better than high-performance HP's.