Prove this wrong

prove this wrong

>The new 2016 line up looks amazing, can't wait to buy one of them in 2020 for $250

Most thinkpad fans would never think this because the current thinkpads are garbage.

>no real GPU options
>ULV shit CPUs
>disgusting screens
>shitty screen resolutions
>heavy as fuck
>backdoored UEFI/BIOSes
>"spillproof" keyboards actually doesn't work
>shitty speakers
>mPCIe white lists, like really, what the fuck lelnovo
>expensive as hell, unless you talk about the cumstained 5 generation old models

Thinkpads are lliterally just a meme on Sup Forums unless you're a poorfag NEET.

I bought one. A t410.
You know why? Because every other consumer laptop I had kept dying on me after 2-3 years of NORMAL use.

Now it has a cheap ssd and 8GB DDR3 RAM in it, and it works just fine. If it dies, who cares... it was cheap.

>at least it's not glossy so I can't see the shame in my eyes when i jerk off

audibly kek'd

>every other consumer laptop I had kept dying on me after 2-3 years of NORMAL use

Some people just taint everything they touch and fuck it up. You are the issue, not the devices which keep mysteriously breaking.

Look, I've had an HP DV5z "multimedia" laptop. The GPU decided to desolder itself after 3 years. Before that, the laptop's screen kept showing garbage based on the angle of the screen. I had to open it up to unstick the crimped monitor cable.

Then I bought a cheap Asus. The battery died on month 7, one month after the warranty for the battery expired. A few months later, the power plug died and would not charge. The plug is soldered on to the board.

My client has an 17" Acer laptop/desktop replacement. The power plug started buzzing and smelling of burnt shit until it charred up and died.

Friend's HP netbook's USB ports died.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm not the problem.

let me guess your car is a mess too

irresponsible fag detected

different guy, owned 5 laptops in my life

Sony VAIO - Broke
ACER something - Broke
Dell Latitude 1 - went obsolete
Dell Latitude 2 - went obsolete
Dell Latitude 3 - posting with

You forgot all the dried cum underneath the keyboard and the picture of the previous owner wiping his crust off before selling it to you.

X220? Much too mainstream. Replace with T43, it's the last model IBM made directly. Throw in some shit about "no lenovo influence" or try to say it in a more hipster way.

should also have duct tape over the touchpad showing that you don't use it.

You also failed to touch on arch linux. Make it subtle, like
>It only takes me 3-4 weeks to set up arch every time after it breaks. So I kept it simple.

Tbh I got sick of laptops crapping out on me (GPU etc)

Got a used thinkpad t430s for £150 and it's probably the best laptop for stability etc that I have used. Cheap too.

What is your opinion on the retro thinkpad that is in the making?

It's actually quite clean.
I have a can of TurtleWax to spray the dashboard every so often.

Give it up you fucking sperg, cheap consumer laptops suck balls. They're meant to be used as little as possible for Facebook and a movie or two, and then they're thrown away.

The more arch linux gets memed the more i want to uninstall it

Fuck off
>>>/tumblr/

>T43
Even the T4x models were manufactured by Lelnovo. Gotta bump it back to the T30.

It's just fucking linux.
Does it work for you? Great.

have you ever touch a cheap normie grade laptop. Its borderline unusable and feel like that its going to grenade the moment you drop it on the floor.

arch linux is the exact opposite of something that works

arch linux is like selling somebody a brick house that wasn't mortared, with no carpet, running water, paint, drywall, or fucking anything

>Poor fag gets so buttrustled over legit points he just had to reply with "FUCK OFF TUMBLR XDD"

holy shit the jealous poorfag meme is real

Please state your recommendations for a good laptop.

>buying a macpoor instead of the more expensive thinkpad workstation laptop
kek, don't feel bad kids, one day you'll have real jobs and real income too

macbook pro

Why the fuck would I want a fucking emoji bar?!
Okay, let me rephrase, what kind of laptop should I buy for running either Linux or Windows, HAS at least one normal USB port, and doesn't have a shitty Apple logo on it.

9/10 kids would pick a macbook pro, instead of a thinkpad

1/10 kinds have autism

COINSIDENSE?

Well, the X220 was the pinnacle of compact Thinkpads, so yeah

The X220 is pleb shit for poorfags. X201s is the real master race.

I haven't used a thinkpad since I was 8 and I still think Lenovo ruined them
IBM had real noticeable quality, after I started seeing the Lenovo badge on them the plastic quality and expandability like docks and those little flat card expansions seemed to go downhill

>>no real GPU options

>pre sandy bridge laptop in $Current_Year

>other laptops doesn't even have

>1366x768 in $currentyear

>X201s
>1
Enjoy your botnet

My thinkpad has 4 shades of green and a countable number of pixels

Just flash coreboot

>implying coreboot has anything to do with backdoors

Solves the whitelist problem though

what's wrong with 1366x768? currently using it and it werks

>>no real GPU options
>>ULV shit CPUs
>>disgusting screens
>>shitty screen resolutions
>gaymen
goto Sup Forums ;

>>heavy as fuck
>not being able to lift a laptop
goto /lgbt/ ;

>>backdoored UEFI/BIOSes
>not installing coreboot

>>"spillproof" keyboards actually doesn't work
>disgusting habits

>>shitty speakers
>gaymen

>>mPCIe white lists, like really, what the fuck lelnovo
again, coreboot

>>expensive as hell, unless you talk about the cumstained 5 generation old models
Do you want to stain it only with your own cum? Is that why you are hellbent on the spillproof keyboard?

>that awkward moment when I have a T43 running its fourth Arch installation since the previous ones all broke horribly at one point or another.

they think 1080p or 1440p on that size will make a difference

>coreboot
>on anything newer than Core2

Coreboot works on at least up to Sandy Bridge, it's Libreboot that only works on Core 2 and earlier.

Interesting.
I'll definitely look into it for my x220

>tfw HP dv7's GPU routinely hits 120 C

I think it has to be ported to individual machines manually. I know coreboot supports the T420, but I'm not sure about the X220. They're such similar machines that it's probably doable though.

Don't most BIOS patches solve the problem anyway?

Nah...
Fuckhuge bezels and thus fuckhuge footprint.
X61 is where it's at.
Damn, I miss my little powerhouse.
Had to go to a fucking 14 inch behemoth to get the same screen height.
In order to still have it in carriable territory, I went for an X1
Fucking ultrabook
Shit keyboard
Useless and way too large trackpad
Already cracked the case and dented the screen after not even a year of use because that fucker ist too thin

I'm really tempted to risk a few hundred $ and go for an X62 directly from chinkland.

Hi joe