SLACK IS FINISHED

SLACK IS FINISHED

theverge.com/2016/11/2/13497766/slack-microsoft-teams-new-york-times-ad

They are literally nothing but a IRC server. With a history log bot.

Slack is a bad product. Bad products have a short lifespan.

But this would imply that normalfags would know what IRC is or how to set up a history bot. To them, it's just easier to use Slack.
t. Slack user via IRC, had to convince retarded Slack team owner that opening the IRC port won't cause our team's secrets to be revealed.

yes I'm sure now that Google, Facebook, and Microsoft all have released competing products one will surely come out as the clear winner.

Oh no, I meant they'll struggle for a while until one shutters itself and people are inconvenienced by it.

it gonna be awesome on wine

don;t forget the dozen open source/free alternatives
i bet slack and all those "successful" apps are successful because of nepotism

I don't understand the point of slack

it sucks but it loads images from links, play video, you can post from curl or wget, literally POST a json
it's just sucks with some features I like

>let's spend investors' money to advertise a competitor's product
>be butthurt about being copied when you only copied existing stuff and made it worse
I already thought Slack was a worthless hipster company pushing shit to worthless hipsters, but this is going even farther.

Joke's on them, nobody reads the New York Times any more.

I guess Microsoft's clone will suck in its own special ways, just like Skype for Business, Outlook, Excel and all that

>Ask your administrator to enable Teams
fuck

e-mail in office environment is shit

people don't like talking on phones anymore and it's inefficient because you have to be there and talking is slower than reading

slack is a vast improvement for teams. you could also use whatsapp or something privat but that's shit

couldn't you use 20 year old xmpp for free?

Holy shit they wrote a fucking chat service, what did they expect? That someone like MS would spend $20b to buy them instead of using 5 developers to build it?

And it's fucking emberassing that they run an Apple-like ad. Apple was talking about personal computers, a ground-breaking technology at the time. Their fucking chat is as low-entry as it gets... every CS student could copy it.

This. Let alone the physical paper.

The only people who saw that ad are homeless people on the train and elderly people watching the price is right. What a waste of money

>implying MS can destroy anything without buying it

wtf is slack ?

IRC for hipsters

chat app for teams that work together unlike you Sup Forumsentoo faggots

what kind of teams are you working in ? we only use emails and or actual meet up to discuss things. and a ticketing system ofc.

MS could just create a competing product, buy out Slack, and shut it down.

>talking is slower than reading
nigga

That's what they're doing with Yammer

Before this no; but now Microsoft has to buy them lmao.

why would you buy out slack if you already made a competing product? Once MS makes their product it will quickly take marketshare because MS will shill it to all their corporate customers.

Lol, what a retarded move.

Nah, the real killer feature are the hundreds of integrations. At our company we can get notified about activity in our support channels, there's bots for GitHub/Bitbucket commits, Travis CI, Issue trackers, the list goes on.

It's a real time saver and I am glad that we switched from Skype about a year ago.

Yeah I'm sure Microsoft can use these tips. This is like a teenage kid telling a successful business man how to make his money

Doesn't Skype serve that purpose?

And basically so many pointless emails get sent that could be answered by a quick message/ping

>make a normal fag irc gui with east bots,and add-ons
>troll Microsoft as if you were a genius

It is 2016 and corporations are fighting over irc kek

it's so last year

they dont have to shill it
it comes """Free""" with their office 365 shit which most corporations already have

all slack did is literally hand them marketshare by reminding people that MS's product exists