InfoSec

I would like to get a job in information security. What are the 1st set of certifications I should start with?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/netsec/wiki/start
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

network+, sec+ should get you in the door as they're DoD approved. you can move on to some GIAC stuff if you want too, but you'll need experience in IT and some luck to get into the infosec field. you should go to meetups in your area if there are any, networking really helps in that field.

What about CCENT ----> CCNA Security?

What city is that? Looks like Toronto.

if you think a vendor specific cert will help you in the broad spectrum infosec world then by all means go for those

I wish I knew, I would really love to have that room to live in .

new york

what do you think the going rate on that apartment is? $2500 a month at least?

$2500/mo would get you literally the space shown in the pic in that part of town.

i was expecting worse desu, it looks nice. i know very little about new york and where that is however. it's probably the size of a closet.

Is Network + and Security + a waste of time and money?

>you'll never live a minimalistic and humble life from a high-rise apartment as the rest is not justifiable

why

He meant 2500 a month would get you the space shown in the picture, as in the square metre of desk you see

ah shit

Ccisp after 7+ years as sysadmin or something. Being a project manager for some years helps too. Also ccisp without working experience and technical experience is useless.

The original reddit post reveal the rent too.

aren't Cisco machines the standard for any serious ipsec firm tho?

reddit.com/r/netsec/wiki/start

Honestly it just looks like any other big city out there.

>overcrowded
>people living on top of each other without any breathing room
>all that fucking noise
>crime the minute you step out of your house
>crackheads and niggers everywhere
>don't even think about going for a stroll at night without getting mugged
>2/3 of your income goes straight to rent for a miniature shithole
and so on...

Just thinking about it makes my stomach turn, how can people live like that and still be happy?

I would like to know the answer to this

Install Gentoo.