Evolution of the Desktop Computer

What innovations would you like to see in desktop computing? Since phones and tablets are taking over it seems desktops will become more niche, and that can actually be a good thing because it means we no longer have to hold to the standard model of ANSI/ISO keyboard, 2/3 button mouse, and single monitor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7HlNirkG89Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>using phone to chat with some friends
>"oh shit, look at the time! Time to work.
>put phone in dock and turn on monitor
>Android desktop mode is on
>"click"
>mouse turns into a keyboard
>"click"
>keyboard turns into mouse
>want to kill myself
>"click"
>keyboard turns into a pistol
>proceed to kill myself

youtube.com/watch?v=7HlNirkG89Q

Innovate a way to remotely use the power of a desktop pc, and then create a huge datacenter purely for computing performance.

So that computer towers can die for good.

I would like to see a return of all-beige form factors.

I would also like to see a return of my youth, having a full head of hair, and the summer of '93.

See a form factor that's more optimised for modern hardware and supported by third-parties. BTX had some nice ideas but only three companies (HP, Dell, and Gateway) ever built systems on that platform, and custom cases, enthusiast mobos, etc. were nonexistent.

more like this

But its easy to get 5+ button mice or to use multiple monitors. Non standard keyboards exist too.

This. I have an optiplex 9010 small form factor (BTX), and can't figure out why my brother insists in fuck huge towers.

>What innovations would you like to see in desktop computing?

A return of this.

I just want endless performance and endless storage capacity.

Everything else (VR, holographic displays, etc) are peripherial addons.

But OSes are mostly built around the concept of 2 and 3 button mouses. What kind of things can be done with a 5+ button mouse?

ON BOARD FPGAS :^)

A return of what? Shitty monitors on crappy stands with an oversized box with the hardware in it?

We already have better equipment and aesthetics right now as we speak you hipster piece of faggot shit.

>We already have better [...] aesthetics

LMFAO

give me an example

Strong support for multi-CPU motherboards.

A GPU hardware design which is not "hang a fuck-huge graphics card in a very small slot"

Just drop 16:9 as the standard resolution of computer monitors. If you want to watch a movie watch it on your television, which has its own computer built into it anyway.

The keyboard can be revised with find, cut, copy, paste, go to, submit, and search all having dedicated keys.

*aspect ratio

see:

The next version of Windows should be built on the Linux kernel.

Fully modular peripheries where components can be installed without the removal of the case side panel.

>normies get to upgrade pcs at the same skill level of swapping a cartridge on a sega genesis/mega-drive

I'd be on board with this becoming the standard for GPUs.

Please remember me when you make a shit load of cash, you can have that idea for free

You are far from the first person to come up with this idea.

Although im giving motivation to get it built or buy shares in someone that does it. come on chop-chop think of that lovely cash to go swimming in