Why did they delete the beginners guide?

Why did they delete the beginners guide?

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners'_guide_(%D0%A0%D1%83%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9)&prev=search
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Talk:Installation_guide#The_Great_Merge
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Beginners'_guide&action=history
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get rid of normie scum

Normies not welcome.

>Muh sekret club

Its not a secret, but if you want something to hold your hand, go elsewhere

It's so easy to install you don't need instructions. Everything just works!

>archbabies defending the absolute shit that is arch

lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html

^:)^

translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners'_guide_(%D0%A0%D1%83%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9)&prev=search

save a copy to trigger autist btw

Tryhard circlejerk OS that desperately wants to be special and refuses to modernize because "keep it simple stupid"

And any arguments against it are shot down by the logic of "well if you build a computer from a bucket of sand and iron it's going to be EXACTLY how you want it, therefore better than some HAND HOLDING solution, CHECKMATE argument defeated!"

If you must use Arch just use Antergos or Manjaro and get all the benefits. It's not even that good though.

>duplicating information
>not realizing that the beginner's guide is merged in the standard guide
>not just clicking the links to other articles
>he has to have it all duplicated in 1 single article

You should just kill yourself, because you've been posting that link for over a month now.

Just read the wiki for the specific parts. Why should a distro about choice hold your hand?

>Why did they delete the beginners guide?

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Talk:Installation_guide#The_Great_Merge

>save a copy to trigger autist btw

>doesn't know how to use a wiki

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Beginners'_guide&action=history

I'm not the only one posting it m8.

Sorry, that means there are two complete retards out there. I apologize again.

>tfw too smart to consider arch a circlejerk OS because I can install it
feels gud

That was a relief. I was afraid that I was the only complete retard around here.

>tfw ur so fat u mistake urself for 2 people

>anyone criticizing Arch is incapable of installing it

>user 1 does not do X so user 2 assumes user 1 cannot do X

Classic implying, fag. Thanks for the link.

well, that was easy isn't it? you can ask someone to walk you thru the steps

Is still strange, no one is obligated to use arch, if it were the only alternative it would make more sense because it would be hard for everyone to use a computer, but otherwise everyone can decide to install arch or not. If someone decides to build a card for the sake of learning and because it's fun do you make fun of him?

>gets called out for acting retarded
>claims he was only pretending to be retarded

yes I know your secret move, fag

Guess I can't install arch anymore cause the dumb fucks deleted the Beginners guide

>if you build a computer from a bucket of sand and iron

is this seriously what you believe to be the equivalent of partitioning a hard drive, generating some locale files, and downloading a boot loader? Why do you so desperately need to have opinions on things you know nothing about?

I've been using arch for years and went to install it on another computer the other day and was like WTF muh easy guide is gone. But the new guide is actually really good. They basically merged them.

>fuck off normies you're too stupid to use linux! go back to winshit!
>w-why doesn't anyone use linux? fucking M$ shills!
Using linux is a mental disorder.

The maintainers of the Arch wiki move shit around all the time. Usually for the worst.
Much like any wiki the people who feel the need to control these sorts of projects are fucking autistic retards and can't help themselves from mucking around with anything and everything they can. Pretty much every revision of the install guide has made it worse to do.

Luckily the arch install can be broken down to a few steps.
Format
Mount
Install.

jesus fucking christ the anti-arch trolls are out in full force, is it that hard to grasp that maintaining two separate guides that largely covered the same topics is not the best use of resources?

They merged it into the regular guide. Oh fucking no.

>Unironically actually wanting to use Arch
Hint: there's a reason it's never used in an enterprise setting

It wasn't contrarian enough for them and their superior "arch way".

You literally have no excuse for not installing Gentoo

I honestly think it was to curb a little the amount of newbies that installed the system. They probably got hoards of newbies asking stupid questions in the forum. The guide was very easy, to the point of being a recipe that you had to mindlessly follow step by step to get the system installed. The current installation guide isn't hard by any means, but there is a bit less of hand-holding and you need to read more.

I think their anti newbie captcha doesn't go far enough.

Arch is the distro of choice for people who unironically invoke the meme 'spoonfeeding'

I think they would rather stop people from shitposting on their forum than to make Arch too elite to use. People who want to be elite would brag about using LFS.

It's a captcha to sort between types of people, not people and program LOL. Like those skill test questions for lottery winners

arch isn't that hard to install desu, the install guide is just shit. I could make a far better one :D

so make it better. its a wiki, you're free to edit it

Autism

Checked n rekt.
Im stealing the pic.

enjoy your stay newfriend

Nope, didnt work archmong.

Complex machines and technology should come with manuals.

Check your glovebox; your car has one.

He hasnt got enough lunch money for one yet.

because if arch gets too popular, then half the userbase has to switch distros to something more obscure