There is not a single reason to be using this other than being an elitist

There is not a single reason to be using this other than being an elitist.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what's wrong with elitism

do you have an inferiority complex?

cooler logo

Agree'd.

doesn't work with netflix or prime video

But muh netflix on chrome

yup. works on chrome, same for prime video

you forgot to mention it's a botnet

I hate that Chrome installs Google's update service in the background. I'm sticking with Chromium.

>streaming video
>tripfag

>feeling threatened by people using something you don't
why are you so insecure OP?

I like my current browser more.

I'd be more tempted to use it if installing extensions on ungoogled builds weren't a giant pain in the ass

Netflix works flawlessly on Chromium. On Linux at least.

There's no reason to use chromium over chrome if you don't have autism

Pretty much this. They're both practically the same. However there has been a new variant of chromium called ungoogled-chromium. Which in turn gives you more privacy without any problems

doesn't work at all for me. any trick?

it's pretty amazing that your computer can work with just a kernel...

Usually a chromiumfag, though I run palememe on my chromebook cause chromium is a ramwhore.

How does ungoogled-chromium compare to Inox?

It looks like inox is made for linux while ungoogled is made for all three platforms from what i can tell

or maybe your system is not supported by Chrome...

SOME WEBSITES ACTUALLY REFUSE TO WERK WITH ANYTHING BUT IT

doesn't let me customize the ui and remove unnecessary elements.

shut the fuck up

I only use it because I have to perform testing batteries and investigate corner cases in normie chrome for bug reporting, and since chromium instances can run simultaneously I can use it to handle ticketing without interfering with testing

>What is inox?

I'm using Epiphany. It's quite nice actually, fast as lightening. Yes, I'm using Gnome.

Install pepper flash from your package manager and restart chromium. Chromium will likely find pepper flash by itself and use it from there on.

Where the cuck do you think you are?

A metal.

You are right that on musl (binaries aren't compatible) netflix and prime video don't work (but neither does chrome because it doesn't work with musl), but on glibc (most common libc), you just need to install widevine-drm thing if you want that.

Also, OP having a "-O2 -march=native" slightly faster binary is a reason.

And because I can control it's compile options:

www-client/chromium widevine system-ffmpeg -hangouts -tcmalloc

It handles flash and multimedia in general much better than any other browser I have installed. That's all I use it for.

Almost every Linux distro has their own build of chromium in their official repos, meanwhile chrome only officially supports debian and fedora based distros.

>disabling tcmalloc
Enjoy your objectively slower memory allocation.

T. C. Malloc would be a cool detective name.

>Linux
>Bing
>GIMP
>mpv/MPC-HC/VLC/MPDN
>qBittorent/Deluge/rtorrent/transmission

>Bing

Who the fuck uses Bing? There's actually zero reason to use Bing unless you're affiliated with Microsoft.

But the cool people in my TV shows use it!

youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4

It's ugly lol

I'm replying to bait, mommy!

>Linux
It's better for my use, since I do light gaming, voice calls and browsing. I don't work on my home computer.

>Bing
I actually tested bing against Google, and the results were surprisingly worse.

>GIMP
It's free, unlike its competitors. Free as in gratis.

>mpv/MPC-HC
Objectively better quality although neglible to some. However, in the case of MPC-HC there's no reason to use an inferior product like VLC when the entry threshold to use the program is exactly the same. You either install VLC or install KCP - just as easy, but one is better.

>qBittorent/Deluge/rtorrent/transmission
Various torrent clients are just varying pieces of shit, but rtorrent + rutorrent actually adds the functionality to access your torrent server at home from somewhere else, and download new shit remotely. I can set something to download from work using my webserver, because my work internet bans outgoing VNC, TeamViewer and ssh ports.
Very useful if you need that feature.

Nigger, that wasn't bait that was sarcasm.

I.. I have forgotten how to spot the difference after lurking this place too much.