Find a flaw

find a flaw

>u can't

Other urls found in this thread:

therecord.com/news-story/6737270-chen-hits-milestone-in-turning-blackberry-into-a-software-company/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Android

3 row keyboard, different from all other Blackberry layouts
Ample room to have placed the space bar on 4th row
Outdated hardware before it was even released
Sold for a premium price despite it
The screen being 1:1 is actually decent for a lot of things, but it sucks for viewing media, and some sites that default to mobile view will display incorrectly
BBOS is dead now

Overall its actually a solid pocket computer, worth buying if you can find one on Amazon for $200.

>encryption backdoored by CSIS

Disgusting thumbnails.

Non removable battery

OP here, just bought one for roughly 230 USD. IDC about viewing media.

battery lasts days though

It's a good device but not for the pocket, or it might taking use too.

BBOS is fine for now since it supports Android apps.

lol op, no more booby grabbin'

Whatsapp and Facebook messenger are dropping support for the BBOS10 at the end of the year. No whatsapp is a deal breaker for me.

Looks fuckin dumb.

>front facing camera
>that silver paint is going to show ever single scratch the day you fuck up and get out of the car and forget the phone was on your lap

Ethics in the office is how to to be a misognist while making coffee and how to give wymins and poocs extra privilege in meetings.

Boob grabbing is a full on rape case

>blackberry
Done.

I have a Passport
>App Ecosystem is dying
>Cant remove Battery
>Had to RMA first two phones for various defects
>Andrioi emulation is slow, buggy, and getting google services to work is a fucking pain
>Amazon apps are trash and cant be removed.
Last OS update made it so android apps cant actually be uninstalled, so you have to downgrade the android runtime using a windows or mac computer to fix it, then set your device to not update autmatically.

That being said
>BB10 is like Android on crack. Fast as fuck, but you can still fuck around under the hood when needed
>Blackberry Hub is the best messaging client I have ever used bar none. It's a shame the Android port isn't much good
Keyboard is pretty good, and keyboard gestures are fucking awesome.
>Square screen is surprisingly nice, and colors/resolution are very good.
>Passport is pretty cheap now.

I want to get the Priv, but I'm not sold on having a slower device with a worse screen just for a better app selection. Ill probably wait for the Next blackberry with a keyboard, and if it's shit, I'll just buy an HTC or Pixel

But as a word of advice to other Anons, don't buy the Passport. Get the Priv. Maybe.

>Be that stupid
>Using the phone in the car in any way

If ya scratch eet, ya deserve eet

What? It runs BlackberryOS
Totally agree. I'll keep mine for a while after I get something newer just for E-mail and SSH stuff

The keyboard on the priv is worse than the keyboard on the passport.

Just another signal of how Chen doesn't give a fuck about hardware and just rushed Passport & Priv out the door because they took too long under Heins.

Passport does not run Android.

It can, like Windows mobile OS, run Android apps via a compatibility layer.

Though I agree with you, I had never dropped my phone in my life. Ive developed short term memory issues in the last few years. I don't text and drive, but at long stop lights Ill respond to a message. I will use my phone for music while driving sometimes.
I sometimes forget that I had it out when I go to stand up and it falls onto the cement. It bothers me a lot because I try to take good care of everything I have.

Ugh that sucks to heasr. This poor company is killing itself. If the Pasport or Priv had come out in 2012 they might have had a chance, but rebranding shitty chinese phones won't save Blackberry now.

>facebook messenger
>facebook

no one cares normie

Chen is just stopping the bleeding (see: getting rid of shit he doesn't give a fuck about, even if it would build the brand). Had [BB Lead] actually been someone who cares about smartphones and operating systems in any meaningful way, blackberry would be completely different. BBM for one wouldn't be as shitty as it is now.

Blackberry hardware used to be something people constantly raved about. Passport is still pretty solid all things considered, but now all "Blackberry" devices are chinkphones + $100. Not even Xiaomi (which would have been an amazing way for Xiaomi to hit NA markets indirectly), but mediocre shit even walmart wouldn't sell.

So do you think they will just move over to software? BBM is dying, and nobody i know uses Hub. Personally, I think it looks like they are just re-positioning themselves as a middleman for connecting big NA companies with shitty asian devices.
And they haven't even been successful at it. I have relatives in the US defense industry, and the new BB phones (Priv onwards) can't be used on company intranet because they run android. BB10 devices are still kosher (as is anything Apple), but employees are now getting the choice between being given last years iPhone, or a Blackberry classic. Nobody chooses the latter.

>no toolbelt
>no dedicated on-screen cursor

He's outright stated software is their priority. therecord.com/news-story/6737270-chen-hits-milestone-in-turning-blackberry-into-a-software-company/

The only positive thing about blackberry these days are QNX, and AFAIK, they've been bleeding talent towards whatever Apple is trying to do with cars in particular.

RIM/Blackberry should have quit the smartphone business as soon as it became clear that Android was going to be the main consumer smartphone competitor. They should have just switched to developing tablets for business/industrial/healthcare use. That's a sector that is really missing a decent product. Even now they're just using iPads, which aren't really designed for that sort of thing. Everyone associates "Blackberry" with business, so pushing Blackberry tablets would have had a chance at least. Now the company is just another Kodak.

That's a shrinking market. They're all investing in Hololens. Much more efficient than ipads. ipads are just a stopgap in that market.