/rtg/ - Ricing Tips General

Hate, rate, bait.
Its time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8PLQK0Gu2Jk
i3wm.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you not think in the slightest that it's a bit weird to have a picture of an attractive women on your desktop at all times?

I mean, you're not 12 and making youtube tutorials

is this the new desktop thread

Looking at females raises test levels

you keep telling yourself that, bud

I like your terminals op

I'm not going to link to my vimrc because I did it in another thread and you can just reverse image search and find the thread.

>ricing general
>no tips
how does one rice

Very carefully.

Srs advice

I just kinda hijack configs off of dotshareit or default themes and modify to my liking (basically because I'm too lazy to do any proper leg work) my wm theme is a modification of some default theme and my ncmpcpp is from dotshareit where I changed color, spacing and a few other things only thing that is purely mine is the tint2

When it comes to colors just pick things that look nice with whatever theme you're going for

Posting before 404

have you SEEN the /trash/ Desktop Thread? Literally no desktops.

That's because they're trash :^)

>having testosterone in your body
It's like you don't even want to be a good programmer.

youtube.com/watch?v=8PLQK0Gu2Jk

macfags need not aply

Desktop thread? Here comes the macfags to ruin everything!

This is now the official FAGLORD thread

picture related: It's a fag dressed as a hideous dog that has been crushed in a hippo's arse

Recently bought an Odroid C2 so I could rice it up and use it as an internet browser and I have no clue what the fuck I'm doing

Just want to ask a question as a visitor to this board.

Now everyone knows your computer gets bloated over time, at least mine does, you download shit, you know, garbage just builds up. So you do a clean install, but is that worth it? Is there anyway to purge your computer of all the garbage without doing that?

Don't even need to clean install, just delete your shit and clear your browser history. Also click on the bottom right to see if you have useless shit running.

is this the GNU desktop thread?

yes

this looks retarded
neat

That looks pretty ok to me

So I'm new to linux in general and I was wondering how you get your system info to show in the terminal like that.

install screenfetch

thanks user-kun

can you post the wall

why would you want a 1024x768 wall

how could u look at that and not want it

Any recommendations?

I don't really feel like this is a problem on linux, especially if you have a separate drive for the OS. I'd just say you need to check for orphaned packages now and then, clear your package cache and delete old log files and your OS feels fine. I've got 800 packages now from around 400 but it's been around this many for ages and it doesn't really go up or down much now.

>tfw just looked at my 20GB root partition and realised it's 71% full
>pacman -Scc
>30% full

>Tips
Yet not a single post is advisory.

I supposed you've abandoned the notion of thinly veiling your attempts.

1. Use Arch
2. Dark theme only
3. Waifu wallpeper
4. Monospace fonts everywhere and make everything look like terminal
5. Add some useless terminal rice like pipes or cmatrix
6. wm not DE
bonus: have some circlejerk IRC channel open

at least include a screenfetch or a speccy so this thread doesnt get put in the
quicker

Internet connection went down for a few hours, and I organized/tidied up some directories on my main storage drive.

srry fammolammo

I'll do that nexttime

how do you put the visualizer right next to the playlist in ncmpcpp?

Best desktop incoming

>best desktop OS
>comfy NT theme
>no weeb shit

classic theme for Windows 10 when?

Shit.

>uptime 1h 53m
>random windows with hacker code
>htop

How'd I go about doing this on Ubuntu?

Here, my friend: I gathered all programs that you have to install in a single terminal window so you can hang out with the cool kids.

You don't, fucking newfag

Her knees are fucked.

this is so ugly and shitty

neofetch is better imo

>goto

Here's mine.

Stillen gen 3 CAI
Stillen CBE
Stillen bumper
Suspension completely redone (and lowered)
Oil cooler
Master cylinder brace
Akebono brakes
35% tint
Some carbon fiber interior

I'm saving up right now for two possible projects, I'll probably do both eventually but trying to decide what I want first...

I'd like to rebuild the engine and get it boosted. The other thing I'd like to do is replace every body panel with seibon carbon fiber.

At least rice your i3 bar. This is a ricing thread and you're using mostly defaults?

Tip: buy a MacBook

Nice license plate

Can I help you

can you rate my combo please

wintangopatcher + win2000 icons

Oh wtf I thought this was /o/

I'm so stoned

>anime
Kys

Looks really nice.

>Lilly
>Anime

7/10 seems comfy but the taskbar doesn't fit well

any recommendations on what the taskbar should be like?

First time ricing.
Pretty happy with everything but not sure about the clock font in the taskbar.
Any suggestions?

i3wm.org/

yes
lewd
Looks great
It looks a little boring to me, I think you should get a more colorful wallpaper
Maybe making it darker would help
Try out Terminus

I feel like I need a new bar but I'm not sure which one to go with. Any suggestions?
Also ignore the gtk and icon themes. I'm working on compiling my own.

looking for some tips

>Try out Terminus
Thanks, it looks cleaner now.

How do I start ricing on Win8.1?

am i cool yet?

>anime girl
>dark theme
yes you hit all the requirements for a 10/10

if you get rid of that shitty dock and put your taskbar on the side, yes

>windows
no

start over

excellent waifu taste

my desktop is x10 times better than yours ill have no criticism coming from you

lost

I never understood this. For those of you who have edited your userChrome.css, how do you guys browse without your addressbar/tabs and addons? Have you autohiden that shit and bound keys to bring it up or something?

I like having a minimalist firefox too but that is just too far for me

very carefully

all the pros use vimperator

If you REALLY want to get into it, learn about colour theory, and how to pick colours that contrast or go together. I'm lazy like you so I eventually found a thing called "Solarized" that some guy put a lot of work into to pick good terminal and program colour schemes. I've adopted it for everythin: urvxt, vim, firefox, etc. I like it because its function over form and specifically designed for easy on the eyes programming

>mad because he can't make a good desktop

*she

Is vimperator really that extensive? I might give it a go

How do I get into ricing? Is there a step by step guide better than the one on install gentoo

what os?

What music player is that?

iTunes

bumping for suggestions

got a chinkpad 420blazeit coming in the mail on monday
going to try ganoo slash linux and really get unto it because it doesnt feel the same on a vm

I've never understood how all the autists make foam from mouth over macbooks and osx for lacking inputs/buttons/etc and then remove actually useful shit in their riced arch installs.

hackintosh it faggot

What's the fucking point you shitlord? In the end you end up with a fancy desktop that can't do anything practical. Just a temporary high like masturbation.

Make the terminal background solid or darker

Is it recommended to find a wallpaper you like, and then shape your desktop around the wallpaper, like choose icons, GTK theme, etc? Or something else?

>at all times
Guy has an image viewer open, though.

make your own wallpaper

Hey, I'm trying to get rid of the pale moon menu button at the top left on my browser.

The kind of wallpaper I'm interested I can't make

These are legitimate criticisms.

Oh shit, thanks.
It looks much better now