Why I switched to Chromium on Linux

why I switched to Chromium on Linux.

It's been literally YEARS, fuck Firefox

Botnet.

>what is pixel saver

get a better window manager faglord

don't have to fuck with this, Chromium just does it for me because they care

people have been complaining about this for years, Firefox knows about this problem and does nothing.

And I'm not switching my DE or window manager just to acommodate one program

Windows and OS X don't have this problemâ„¢.

oh i just looked into Pixel Saver, I rarely maximize my browser, i prefer reading and shitposting in a square window

if I maximized, I would just go full screen mode and there'd be no problem

I just modified my userchrome file to put the tabs in the title bar.
Way better than Chromium/Chrome which always shows close buttons on inactive tabs until they reach a set width and will shrink tabs to the point where you can't determine what page they are without waiting for tooltips.

>Chromium just does it for me because they care
No they don't.
They have literally closed feature requests relating to tab usability that people have been complaining about for years, that there is plenty of community support for.

This is what fucking drives me up the walls about Firefox. Aesthetics matter. Having that fucking bar wasting space drive me up the wall.

okay

what i meant is that Chromium/Chrome on Linux has the same integrated window/tabs bar that it does on Windows or Mac. Their Linux version is just as good as any version they have

Firefox's Linux version lacks this very basic, old as fuck feature and people have been bitching about it for years

You do realize there's an addon exactly for that kind of autism, right?

However I'm using chromium myself because of the gtk2 file picker. gtk3 is cancer

I actually prefer having a titlebar. Having a label for the window and also having a convenient place to grab the window from is more useful than saving a few pixels.

nothing works, i've tried multiple addons/combinations of addons believe me. best case scenario is you shrink the menu bar and auto hide but lose the functionality of dragging it around.

there is no addon that makes Firefox on linux's window look and work like it does on the other OS'es

use Firefox on Windows, you can still grab and move the window around. No titlebar on linux chromium and I drag it around all the time. That's why I switched from Firefox

as for the title, it tells me the webpages on the tabs it's kinda redundant imo

Windows doesn't have this problem. Only Linux especially Gnome DE which has huge bezels everywhere.

I don't even use firefox -1

FT DeepDark?

yes. my eyes have a condition. I use f.lux and dark themes to limit light and radiation.

That was my favorite add-on back when I used windows. I also use Stylish for websites I visit often like in pic related.

i'm at work on windows 10 PC, will try the Drag and Drop zones when I get home I never used that addon

are you able to double click the bar to downsize from maximized?

Get On My Level

I also turn my brightness all the way down

Neat

this thread is now a dark-off

>eats popcorn

how do you type in urls

hit o

>turns off monitor
i win

o what? you just type the letter o?

ayup

you could just F11

Very nice
css?

Been trying to get rid of the pale moon menu button.

90% of time i use browser I'm in square window, hate reading in widescreen.

Even with shitty WM, there is some extension for Firefox, just Google "title bar remove firefox". You'll probably have to tweak it a little though (2 minute job).

>not using the low-key best browser

and then you can't drag it around. another user posted an addon called 'drag and drop' something that might make me switch back, we'll see

What WM is that? Xfwm?

Could one explain me this autism?
I see nothing wrong with title bar.

no

das it mayne

>36
>FF is up to date

It's potentially Xfwm that can hide titlebar since 4.12

>tab button

>military grade autism

that's a picture i found on google, my linux FF is up to date I'm posting on windows comp at work

>spreading fud against the only real alternative to chromium on linux
>using windows machine at work

is there a way to hide tabs completely in chrome?

in Windows you can hide the titlebar and the titlebar buttons will be on the tab bar, and you've been able to do that for a LONG time

Chromium/Chrome has this function on for both OS'es

Meanwhile I still can't use Chrome because it refuses to listen to the theme on my OS that literally every other program abides by.

>want to use Chromium on Windows
>it's a huge pain in the ass to install, configure and update it

I don't like Firefox much anymore but at least it's ez to use.

I'll give you that. You might be able to find a Chrome theme that doesn't clash too much though

Chromium is basically Chrome. If you're scared of Google afaik Chromium still sends your info to them. I just switch to Firefox when it's time to jack off, even though I was jacking off on Google since the 90's. Maybe they think I found Christ

There's Chromium builds with Google shit removed.

honestly I use gmail and google search almost every time I go online, it's just not worth it for me, I got caught in their spiderweb a long time ago, it's easier to just surrender

Defeatist retard.

Don't let it get to you, play the bait's bait instead.
You're a small fry, attract the bigger bait and use this as your scapegoat instead.

i might be a defeatist but at least I can use the best image search, web search, go to mainstream sites (like Sup Forums) that use google analytics and just not give a shit

oh yeah, and my ISP knows my real name and address, because I'm not a 16 year old paranoid in his mom's basement

shit almost forgot youtube. i can use youtube

>not wanting window information
OP has poor taste

Why would you want that tho. Google Drive/Sync integration with your browser is comfy as fuck.

>One browser dares to actually keep a normal fucking titlebar
This is a bad thing how?

genklubi on räme hipsteriurgas
nende peldik on tase omaette

tfw huge faglord becomes ginormous faglord

But I have 1 px thick bezels
and the yop one that I have is even thinner then yours

For me is because scrolling is slower. If there is one thing that bothers me is inconsistency when I'm dealing with anything other than videogames. So seeing the browser slow down as I scroll further is pretty silly.

Of course, the decorations on Chrome are also silly, but I'd rather deal with that than sluggishness.

i don't really give a shit, but this is just another example of Chrome being a better browser than Firefox

>muh ~200mb of RAM

not everybody is jewishly running a shitbox that can't spare a little extra RAM in exchange for performance