All I see are people asking for either cheap stuff or wich macbook to choose

All I see are people asking for either cheap stuff or wich macbook to choose.

Can't manage to find something better than the razer blade or Dell XPS 15.

inb4 get a desktop PC
inb4 laptop cost a shit ton
inb4 razer has a gay logo

What interface does the new laptop gtx 1060 use?
Can I upgrade my alienware m18x to that or should I go with something like an r9 m290x?

if you're using your alienware to play games mostly, I wouldn't recommend going for a razer blade then. They're probably heating up really fast as any "portable and thin" "gaming" laptops.

Build your own computer. Buying one is foolish.

there is nothing worth offering to build your own laptop.

actually considering getting one. they have great specs overall, and idgaf about logo or gayming or whatever, so they're a great choice.

XPS' design doesn't really calls me at all to be honest, but obviously a really good option.

Also looking at alienware, their cooling is apparently very good, but I do mind the thickness a bit. Like said, they don't heat up like crazy

Then don't use a laptop.

dbrand website is offering skins to hide the logo if ever.

I was first considering a XPS but saw somewhere that the battery life would be better on the razer, and new XPS products may come in January with new CPU while Razer will come in mid november so I'll probably get a razer.

I just sold an asus RoG, tired of the 4cm thickness and I'm definitly not a fan of this kind of laptops when it comes to portability.

wish i could sit all day on my desktop one, fuck.

Get two desktops. Get three. Get as many as you need.

Not all of us are basement dwellers who spend hours a day sitting at our desks user.

???
The reason to have multiple desktops is so you have one wherever you are. Are you an idiot?

not that stupid omg

That's some low quality b8, m8

jesus fuck, op
it's a piece of plastic
who the fuck cares

>actually not plastic

Both a Razer Blade and XPS are designed to look like a MBP, however once you open them and look inside you would find out that they are nothing alike.

not going to argue about how my laptop is supposed to resist playing basketball with it.

The good point is this shit being thin/portable and able to use for everything (excepted basketball).

WTF are you trying to prove here, do you really want me to compare what a macbook can't do? no you don't.

I already have my alienware. I'd rather spend a few hundred on a new GPU than a few grand on a new laptop(ausfag)

Xiaomi Notebook air 13.3"

The logo doesn't matter much because you can get something like a dbrand skin to cover it up. The Razer Blade does seem pretty nice, although I have read that the 1060 doesn't get as much power as it's supposed to, supposedly to keep temps down. Razer's customer support is dogshit as well, so that'll be a pain to deal with if you get a bad unit and bought directly from Razer. Other than that, though, it does seem to be pretty good. Probably the best laptop currently available if you want it to be able to do some gaming but also not weigh a ton and eat through its battery in an hour or two as other gaming laptops do. Pretty solid all-arounder.

Dell's XPS 15 seems pretty good too. Beautiful screen and great battery life. Better support than Razer's for sure but still not quite as good as Apple's. I do see a lot of people complain about problems with these, though. Faulty hardware and poor drivers causing random issues. Also still using the old 960m. Should be refreshed soon, probably with a 1050 (Ti) to keep the battery life up while still offering quite a leap in performance. Still, pretty good contender given its additional portability due to its battery life.

Alienware's new 13 inch R3 laptop looks pretty nice as well, athough it's quite bulky. OLED screen and considerably better cooling than the other two since it's thicker. Decently priced. Ugly as fuck though, and not in a way that can be covered up with a skin.

Laptops have been improving tremendously over the last couple of years. Exciting stuff. Could still do with better battery life on all of them though.

to be honest I saw the alienware in person at bestbuy the other day, and I must say that even though it's not designed like the other "premium pro" kinda laptops, it's still has this premium build and is sturdy af, and it is actually not that thick at all (22mm = 2.2 cm = a little bit shy of an inch). it's thicker compared to others, but it's just .4mm thicker than the 15rmbp.

as long as you don't care about appereances, or actually like its design, it looks like an amazing contender overall.

for me personally, I'm still thinking how much actual heat would the razer generate, considering it's thin af and it doesn't seem to have a lot vents/room for cooling, and I don't want it to overheat on me, whenever I use it on my lap

the logo and rainbow colored keyboard just screams "I am a virgin".

>put a skin over logo and turn keyboard to white or off

Applel faget3 detected

Apple has no rollcage any more.

I'm so sad the XPS 15 will probably be using the 1050ti. I would be happy to take a slightly gimped 1060 to stay within their thermal envelope.

one shouldn't have to do that. usually when a feature of a product is hated the company would change it. the logo and keyboard are just so off putting for any adult to use in the open.

>some people buy cars with heated seats but never use them
>those cars should be changed and not offer heated seats because some people dont use them
the logo is one thing, but to say the keyboard isn't a cool feature when it has the exact same functionality as any other backlit keyboard plus individual RGB capabilities is retarded. you're just making up something to complain about.