Surface Phone confirmed

>Much more than just a concept. Stay tuned.
What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UTwdYjAXzTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is the only hope for microshaft now. They need to put an x86 processor in their phone to become relevant in the mobile world again. They need to offer what most phones cannot.

a gf?

Looks amazing if true. If only it ran at least android if not iOS :(

I'll buy it if it runs regular Windows programs and not just UWP shit :^)

Trying to put a laptop cpu in a phone just for fucking android?

Pretty much this. If it's not running a full version of Windows + phone functionality then it's just Microsoft doggedly marching on with their still born OS.

Windows bypassed my metered hotpot and download 3gb of Windows updates.

It's definitely Windows Mobile shit.

If it has stylus, I'm sold.

>Run regular windows apps on a phone.

These fucking people.

UWP is what will work on phones. Regular win32 apps will not. They are not designed for phones and it is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

UWP apps will get better with time. UWP apps are capable of everything win32 apps are, developers just need to get good.

they made a clone of the Zenfone 2 and put Windows Phone on it.

If it has the Surface name then probably

I miss the dirt cheap Lumias.

Win32 app developers will adapt to new screens. They won't migrate to a whole new deleoping process, along with android and iOS. You want them to code 4 different apps.

>wanting a mobile OS and being stuck with mobile apps

So they're lazy fucks even when the process to convert/develop their software for multiple platforms has been streamlined.

This is dope

>ugly as fuck phone
>boring intel
>totally new and unique concept xDDD

microsoft is dead

>yfw surface pen mini and detachable surface slide cover

>phones need laptop processors now
What do people run on their phones ffs.

>the slide cover works as a keyboard

blame developers, not users. Facebook recommends 2GB of RAM minimum now, and normies won't question it.

Games

:(

>USB-C

That is the only decent thing about it.

Are phones game consoles now?

>would this have blown your mind?
not as much as pic related

Phones are computers now

Not sure if you were trying to be facetious, but actually yes. No one owns a portable console anymore, PS Vita got completely fucked by phones.

Brilliant

>This

Windows is pushing for the phone that can be used as a desktop.

>using Windows on your phone

Now that I think about it, if we can use it to install regular programs/apps without having a fucking Microsoft account, it would be pretty neat (since you need an apple account to use iPhone and a google account to use Android).

>u need jewgle to use android
nope. But Jolla is still superior to all mobile OSes

Wouldn't you want a linux distro on your phone

Please Microsoft. Please just get some apps on WP. Pay developers, do it for them if you have to. Just get apps on there BEFORE you launch an expensive new phone

But can it run desktop applications without having to connect a display?

Why are they using x86 on mobile platforms? ARM is efficient at being slow and battery performance.

>What is Project Centennial?

Just the fact that with UWP you have an update system that works uniformly should be reason enough to bury Win32.

Btw, Win32 scales like shit unlike UWP. Try to run Groove on your pc and then on your Windows Phone. Now imagine the same process with Windows Media Player or any other Win32 program.

Not any normal mobile x86 but a fucking laptop CPU. They're planning to install full Windows 10 on the phone or something

...except when MS does not allow your """""app""""" into their store

>Continuity
>Surface mini Pen
>Good integration with the rest of Windows
>As smooth as the lumias when it comes to performance
>Great camera and screen

Yes. I would buy it if it has the features I listed above. In terms of apps all I really need is Whatsapp and a banking app, the rest I don't either need or can get somewhere else.

If Microsoft also would have some kind of special deal where they would sell the phone and a Surface Pro 4 bundled for a lower price I would buy it immediately.

To play fucking dota on your phone?

>buy Danger
>buy nokia
>still fail at making a phone

Atom's performance and its on board GPU is better than any ARM Snapdragon counterpart. I'd buy that if I can use it with as a PC.

You are all delusional. Windows Phone is dead, buried, and decayed.

Nobody wants it. Nobody wants to develop for it.

MS have been trying everything they can think of for going on a decade to make WP relevant and it's only fallen further into irrelevance and you nuts think sticking x86 in is going to make a difference? So you can do what? Hook it up to a 27 inch monitor and duplicate the functionality of the laptop you already have? The laptop that's noticeably faster? I'll just stop now. lol

>Nobody wants to develop for it

But most devs wants to develop on Windows 10. It isn't windows phone, but a desktop based OS with "tablet/phone mode". You can run traditional windows apps on it so it must be fun.

people don't want a gimped pc OS for their phone thats why CE didn't work and surface will always fail

Whoa that's edgy

Wp still alive and growing

WP8 allowed developers to port over their Metro apps really easily, but developers simply didn't give a shit and still don't.

t. Ex WP8 user.

>WP
>Alive and growing
In your dreams maybe, but with the only available devices being a bunch of Nokia ones just dumped on the market to die WP most certainly isn't growing and sales numbers back this up.

>develop on Windows 10

The only apps that devs care about making for Windows 10 are apps that make sense on a desktop. Things like triple A games, DAW, development tools, etc. Mobile dev is being swallowed up on Android and iOS. There is not nearly enough overlap to where most devs will care if their app can work in either place.

Face it, WP is dead. Just get a Galaxy or an iPhone and get on with your life like a normal person.

So your devastating rebuttal is a cliche? Lemme guess, you are posting
>>from your Windows Phone

Probably for Continuum, plug your phone into a monitor and you hare a full computer

I doubt it'll be a gimped version of Windows

no keyboard? again?

I already have a full computer that is twice as fast as any conceivable proc they could stuff into a phone. There is literally no reason for this to exist and it is doomed.

>actually wanting a powervr GPU in it
wew

It's not a replacement for a full PC, retard

only blackberry cares about keyboards now, they have a new keyboard model coming up but it till be android.

But what about the fucking battery life?

Is no one concerned about this?

>Muh Continuum
>Muh UWP

>It's not a replacement for a full PC, retard

You're the retard.

Nobody is going to care about this so it's a moot point. For sake of argument, the people that do buy it will try to *use* it as a full PC and they will see that compared to an actual full PC, it is slow and shit. Thus, giving it a rightly deserved reputation for being yet another steaming pile like all WP turds that came before it. It will go down in flames.

It's carrying your laptop and your phone vs carrying just your phone.
Ofc, you're a neet and that doesn't mean anything to you.

NO

APPS

So this time Panos or the Fedora man will introduce it?
youtube.com/watch?v=UTwdYjAXzTk

Wow man. Think it through. I'm carrying a Surface phone and I left my laptop at home cuz
>muh Continuum
I now want to get some work done. Where's the monitor/keyboard/mouse to plug my phone into? Oh, I brought it with me. But wait... Instead of bringing a 2.5 pound laptop that travels all in one piece and has a battery, I have to carry 3 separate pieces of kit and AC adapters. Then I have to fuck around setting it all up.

Oh, but it's already there waiting on you, you say? You're at work/home you say? Why not have the much more powerful laptop waiting on you instead?

Take a break from the marketing videos you are using to base this scenario and think about how it would (not) work in real life.

Lumia build quality on a phone to which I can install Gentoo? Sign me the fuck up.

he means that making that phone is much worse of an idea than it being just a concept. you will just earn some bragging rights for owning one and then you will realize microsoft should have spent the money on bribing the devs to actually make apps for them.

call me a meme but i always though that having a physical keyboard on a phone would be awesome and touch is retarded.
But after getting used to swipe typing i would just want a really good, fast adapting dictionary.

So how long until Apple's finished?

Woah, can't wait for that ZERO (0) third party app support

I fucking love the UI on windows phone but I don't think this will make me move back. After my lumia broke down I used an android device laying around. The UI is fucking retarded and the phone lags bad but muh apps. Seriously the apps make me ignore that Android is a big pile of turd.

Why not just get an iPhone? It has all the apps you could ever want and the OS is about as good as it gets.

I've played around with an iPhone and it's basically Android retardness UI wise. I'd consider the xl device but there is no headphone jack.

This and how Android deals with external storage are what bother me the most about it.

FUARK I'M BUYING THIS
I DIDN'T BUY WINDOWS PHONE ON PURPOSE SO THEY'D BE FORCED TO DO SOMETHING COMPLETELY OFF-THE-WALL LIKE THIS

>ow it would (not) work in real life.
Hopefully locked bootloader forever, so manchildren can't install Linux on it.

Noapps

When you put it that way you have a point. It's basically HP elite x3. They a have a laptop dock and desk dock. Still you paid out of your ass for cheapass tablet performance.

>intel-powered processor
So they want to bring win32? or at least they plan to announce that win32 can be accessed in windows store soon?
Can wait win32 with WP's god-tier sandboxing.

fuck man, I just want a red phone. So far only HTC and Jolla have done it to me, but I want something waterproof since I'm a fucking tard.

>not wanting to go >akshtually it runs GNU+Linux to anyone who comments on your windows phone
>not wanting to tip your fedora while doing so, both the phone and hat you're wearing

THiS2bH senpaisBakaSmhPham

z5c has a reddish version

nice find user! I'll look into it, I'll probably end up with an XZ and a case but still nice to know

Can it run .exe?

>disgusting cabinets
>filthy fire extinguisher
>grime encrusted dishwasher
>nasty god damn feet
why the fuck would you save this?

> pic on the phone
Thats win32 program. Not directly available (not for general consumer), you need to activate it via additional mode, like developer mode or something like that.

Also, what laptop is that? it looks awesome man.

>Sup Forumstard
>normie
Pick one who brings the dosh

No apps

Microsoft offers foldable ones

aaaaand it's DOA

yeah devs, relearn shit you already know to make ugly windows 10 apps nobody will buy!

great use of time

if nobody uses the platform why port to it?

lol this shit again

ok finland

If it had an x86 processor and ran full Windows 10 in Continuum I'd buy one immediately.

ITT people who never used a Lumia device, and MS shills

really nice ass, dont let her take the socks off though
i want to breed her

looks like a piece of cardboard. the laptop and the phone.

> laptop class processor

Wtf that mean?

I can go get a cheap laptop that has a shitty ass processor or spend thousands that is equal to my desktop.

Is that real?? Looks like three screenshots from a iphone cobbled together.

It's a marketing concept, doesn't have to be exactly the same. but the decision was already taken. However, like other microsoft products & ideas, it can also be cancelled at the very last minute (not announced).