Browsermodifier win32/suptab

Please, someone kill me. How do I stop this thing already? Google just says to use MalwareBytes, but that didn't work. Trying Adwcleaner next...

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/TronScript/
bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reformat

where is it located? click "show more"

*"show details"

should've been using ublock and umatrix, better to prevent than to cure ;^)

Look where the shit launches from, then boot linux from disk or flash drive and delet it

dont understand

weird that it would identify the browser shortcut on your taskbar

check your "software and programs" from the control panel, sort by recently installed, uninstall anything that looks weird (yahoo toolbar, stuff that installs along of free converter shit, etc.)

Nothing recently except Mozilla updates yesterday... I updated Calibre and it started happening INSTANTLY, so I removed that in case it was the problem, but this thing won't go away....

AdwCleaner removed this:
[-] Folder deleted: C:\Users\[name]~1\AppData\Local\Temp\VideoConverter

But this folder doesn't seem to exist to begin with...

Spybot doesn't even detect anything.

Just reinstall you cuck.

Just click apply actions OP.

install gentoo

I've done that 20-ish times. It just constantly reinstalls itself somehow.

I'm really hoping I don't have to... I'll try uninstalling a bunch of my Firefox addons and whatnot to see if one of them is the issue. Maybe I have no choice but to start over.

Fuck, I hate this feeling so much.

you really need to update your common sense to 2016 edition OP.

Learn how to use UVS. For casual scanning use HitmanPro and Malwarebytes. Delete defender, its retarded and in 95% of cases gives false positives or things that make no sense, like in your case

All I did was update Calibre so that I could give my mom my old Kindle... I didn't feel it was super risky at the time.

I guess I'll try HitmanPro after this MS Safety Scanner finishes.

Reformat

>using Windows

duck for 'hijack this' - follow the guide to the letter.

Same thing since today, I have uBlock, ghostery and ABP all running all the time everywhere.

Started after downloading UT(epicgames) while trying to edit an ini file.

I have just deleted the shortcut and the fired up Wdefender and Eset scans, so far nothing, will wait for scanner results. Also made a log with Hijackthis.

i forgot, the window you posted here no longer appears after just deleting the shortcut.

reddit.com/r/TronScript/

or

bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

Wish I could help, but I haven't found a fix yet. Trying Microsoft Safety Scanner at the moment. Taking a lifetime.

Thank you much, I'll try Tron after this. Not going to reformat. I have nothing to lose by trying more programs except some time.

Thankfully, the more I read about it, the less concerned I am... Seems relatively harmless. Just that it re-directs web-pages and gives pop-ups and shit, but it hasn't done any of that for me yet. Just the endless and annoying Potentially Harmful Software detected notification going off because of Windows Defender Alert.

Whereas the first link I googled was like "If you have this on your computer, a gang of pedophiles is stealing your identification and power of attorney as we speak!"

Be sure to update me if you find a fix and I'll do the same.

It's back for me now, I'm formatting asap.

i just got this notification yesterday as well, coming from chrome. and i literally have never used chrome for anything but netflix since my firefox private browsing screws with this site. i got into the loop as well and then just changed the option to delete and got rid of it. i never even shrugged, whats it supposed to be?

Go to your installed programs and sort by most recent. Post screenshot.