/mpvg/

>Installation for windows, osx and linux distributions.
mpv.io/installation/

>User scripts and meme shaders for advanced users.
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

>Some advanced configurations, don't copy/paste them like a retard.
github.com/haasn/gentoo-conf/blob/xor/home/nand/.mpv/mpv.conf
github.com/vyral-protoss/complete-mpv-conf/blob/master/mpv.conf

>Dump of madVR (0.90.24) shaders:
0x0.st/eqp.txz

>Enhance detail ported for mpv:
pastebin.com/4WBPQ7Cq (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/pdf/1609.05158v2.pdf
pastebin.com/pLWrJgHC
pastebin.com/qLCg5JGe
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=34184238648935180226
github.com/shinchiro/mpv-winbuild-cmake/commit/92f0b08196e36b68529e9ed444395a0ec48a2d3a
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/FAQ#i-want-the-old-osc-back
github.com/haasn/mpv/blob/vulkan/video/out/vulkan/common.h
social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd120306-0a4a-4fff-b801-b4752339b2b7/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/3771
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/2798
youtube.com/watch?v=30nfka8J8Y0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mpv (youtube-link) --no-video

When you do this, how do you adjust audio levels or pause/play? It doesn't pop up a new mpv window

Just use the controls like you would in the window in the terminal instead. e.g. 9 and 0

Ah. don't know why I didn't think of that..

i get some mistimed frames with display-resample, no dropped/mistimed frames with display-resample-desync or --no-audio

what do?

What's mpv?

>That's just a super resolution, probably based on this one
>arxiv.org/pdf/1609.05158v2.pdf
>Nothing interesting.
Why are you so hostile? It's a brand new algo by madshi.
Maybe it acts like a super resolution algorithm but it is still very interesting for animes and cartoons at least.
It's much better than the Shiandow's algo or ewa_lanczos!

Haven't updated mpv in about 6 months on my weak old htpc laptop.

It has an i3-2100m and HD 6450m. What mpv config should I use on it?

Shiandow's algo isn't a true super-resolution, but madshi's "brand new algo" is. Just like waifu2x, but different implementation.

profile=opengl-hq

So madshi created a scalers that works better than waifu2x and that needs less resource! This guy is a genius.

>works better than waifu2x
?

>that needs less resource
it's already been known how to do that actually.

This crazy animu.

is it possible for two scripts to share a variable?

you could use environment variables and os.getenv

Yes, better than waifu2x AND more efficient than waifu2x.

there's no matching setenv to change the value though

>better
not really

For me it's better in the latest comparison from the madvr thread.

A guy wants to resell his fanless build based on Core i3-7100U.

Is it good for mpv with opengl-hq, 4k upscaling and h265-10bit decoding?
Do you know if it could run smoothly a 720p@60hz/h265-10bit file on my 4k television with spline36 and deband.

Is new intel gpu can switch to 144hz?

If you do want a window, add force-window in mpv.conf.

I just bought a GT710 for my toaster. Do you think CUDA will help me decode Hi10p or HEVC on mpv?

this is on Windows 10 BTW

>GT710
Why?

because 30$

>i3-7100U

How'd he get his hands on a Kaby Lake chip already? They're not scheduled to be released for another month or so.

What's the advantage of using --opengl-backend=dxinterop over just win32?

not a gamer. I just need something better than an integrated dx9 intel gpu because next Windows 10 update will break compability with all of them.

Is there any point of changed cache settings beyond the default?

Presentation is broken in most WGL drivers. They have bad timing, which makes interpolation look ugly. dxinterop uses WGL for all rendering, then copies the image to D3D9Ex for presentation. This works better with compositing, especially in Windows 7 (since the Windows 7 compositor is written in D3D9Ex.)

It also apparently BSODs AMD hybrid graphics, so don't use it there. If in doubt, just use ANGLE.

>using meme player for virgins

Nothing wrong with any of that, bud.

explain the benefits of configs

how do you benefit

I had to rebuilt from the git today because I updated ffmpeg, now sometimes when changing workspaces or switching from windowed to fullscreen the window turns blue I have to restart mpv. Is that a problem with mpv, ffmpeg or maybe something else? (graphics driver maybe?)

I'm on arch and I'm using the nvidia proprietary driver (gtx980).

Use -v argument to enable verbose output and diagnose what's going on.

pastebin.com/pLWrJgHC
This is what it shows as soon as the window turns blue. I guess it has to do with the opengl-shader I have set up a few months ago. I'll look if it still happens if I comment out the line in the config.

Nope, still happening without them. Here are my configs pastebin.com/qLCg5JGe

>integrated dx9 intel gpu because next Windows 10 update will break compability with all of them
Seriously m8? Source?

Anyone having issues with the latest SSimSuperRes.glsl? Getting blue screen on player.

Removing it from the shaders obviously fixes it.

Should note, it only seems to happen to the low resolution video I'm watching (Stargate Atlantis)

>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=34184238648935180226

test 30sec mkv file

July 14th revision works. The 15th and onward doesn't work.

i installed the latest version but i don't have the new OSD in windows
why

You probably installed some autistic third-party build where the maintainer reverted the commit.

shinchiro builds are autistic?

you tell me.

i don't know that's why i asked

shinchiro is a faggot and wants to force his shit taste on everyone

He has reason for that:
github.com/shinchiro/mpv-winbuild-cmake/commit/92f0b08196e36b68529e9ed444395a0ec48a2d3a

fixed

what does enhance detail do? adaptive sharpen looks better to me

kek'd

>still hate bottombar layout as default

Yes, great reason!
God bless shillchiro and don't forget to turn your adblocker off on sourceforge so you can help the project!!

Can I get the old UI back on the latest release?

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/FAQ#i-want-the-old-osc-back

When is cuda support going into mainline?

>no basic buttons
you call this a layer?GTFO

God bless America

When will screenshot be available with dxva2? The dxva2-copy works but would take up more resource than dxva2.

Whatever shinchiro did fucked my layout, the scaling is all fucked up.

vuuuuulkaaaaan, we want vulkan, vulkan-vulkan-vulkan, sweet vulkan, super vulkan, mega vulkan, in vulkan we trust, vulkan4ever, vulkan we love you, we are so vulkanic, nakluv powaa, ...

V-U-L-K-A-N

>github.com/haasn/mpv/blob/vulkan/video/out/vulkan/common.h
Sorry to be such a dick but why sometimes he finished his comment sentences with a "." but sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he begins with a capital letter but sometimes no.
Why is this not constant? Is there a vim plugin to check this?

social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd120306-0a4a-4fff-b801-b4752339b2b7/

It seems Windows 10 Creators Update will need something old intel gpu lacks in order to render text so anything that uses XAML (UWP, Start Menu, Settings, Login screen, notifications center...) just looks broken on latest insider builds.

>Proper way to fix that is using autofit-larger.

Huh, looks like the issues tracker was cleaned nearly 100 issues.

Does anyone actually know what is going on with wm4?

Where did they go? it seems no +100 on closed list just a few in the past week. Normal? idk how github issue work.

lachs0r is just doing some housekeeping apparently
there are a lot of issues that are just users troubleshooting and such that had been left open for months or even years

Oh okay, so they can just delete them it seems rather then just open or closed I didn't knew it.

>Sup Forums actually "recommends" this piece of shit resource hog
I can not believe retards are still falling for this meme player.

>github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/3771
Pretty sickening how mpv devs treat people.

wm4 MIA and the small dick animeme weebs are trying to take over and push people around.

This, mpv really does perform like SHIT.

Winshits need to stop using a toy OS if they want good memory management

Its not an issue but an opinion.

Functionally, mpv is doing it right. The other guy is asking for things that would make it inefficient.

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/2798
AHAHAHAHA kek

based wm4.

mpv is a project that just attracts autistic developer and anime memers it seems.

What if I told you that I'm currently working on a video player that will BTFO mpv.

I'll make the logo

Mpv is just a front-end for ffmpeg so if youre gonna one-up ffmpeg then good luck beating out one of the biggest ever open source projects after the kernel

Based

Based devs. I'm going to install mpv and uninstall MPC-HC/madvr.

Same

>will
In... 5 years?

What if I told you I'm currently working on a new kernel that will BTFO Linux, too?

I would wish you the best of luck

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Meme Player for Virgins

Not sure about Virgins, but certainly not for retards.

youtube.com/watch?v=30nfka8J8Y0

>"Pikachew"
bloody normy subtitle writer

Does mpv support setting a custom window title or class on Linux?

--title

Oh, it's that simple. Thanks

next time RTFM

When will mpv support wayland?

mpv has supported wayland for years (?)

Interpolation is still fucked with it though.

Is there an open issue for that?