/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News
Xiaomi unveils Redmi 4A, Redmi 4 Standard, and Redmi 4 Prime
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_unveils_redmi_4a_redmi_4_standard_and_redmi_4_prime-news-21458.php

Huawei unveils the Mate 9 with dual Leica camera, Kirin 960 chipset, EMUI 5.0
gsmarena.com/huawei_unveils_the_mate_9_with_dual_leica_camera_kirin_960_chipset-news-21436.php

LeEco Le X850 with Snapdragon 821 SoC, QHD display, and 16MP front camera clears TENAA
gsmarena.com/leeco_le_x850_with_qhd_display_16mp_front_camera_and_3900mah_battery_clears_tenaa-news-21408.php

OnePlus 3T to become official on November 14th?
phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-3T-to-become-official-on-November-14th_id87393

Next LeEco U.S. flash sale will be held on November 9th
phonearena.com/news/Next-LeEco-U.S.-flash-sale-will-be-held-on-November-9th_id87372

Deal: Best Buy is offering $50 off of the Huawei Honor 8
phonearena.com/news/Deal-Best-Buy-is-offering-50-off-of-the-Huawei-Honor-8_id87460

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Original-New-1-77-UNLOCKED-SOS-BIG-BUTTON-IMAGE-GSM-MOBILE-CELL-PHONE-FOR-SENIORS-ELDERLY/32684971415.html
ebay.com/itm/Senior-Citizen-Elderly-Big-Button-Mobile-Phone-UNLOCKED-Quad-Band-SOS-Radio-Mp3-/130720287257?hash=item1e6f894a19&pt=Cell_Phones
amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Moto-16GB-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B01GZZK9XQ
amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Moto-Plus-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B01GZZK95O
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Moto G4 or honor 5x, or any suggestion that's under 200 quid?? Can't get a RN3P due to lack of UK sellers and don't want to pay customs tax

if you aren't in a rush I'd advise you to wait for redmi 4 prime reviews. Maybe it'll be a good phone.

Can't get any xiaomi phone due to customs tax's and need a new phone before Christmas due to my iPhone 5 battery failing

wileyfox swift 2 plus maybe

How good is the ZTE Axon 7?

Have thought about waiting for that, I would also love a finger meme sensor but the first wileyfox swift had apparent shutdown issues which is why I didn't buy it a month ago and 1080p display or 720p AMOLED is a must

Original Post

T-Mobile, USA.
Looking for a new Android phone.
My two requirements are that the phone gets:

LTE (band compatible) and
wont die in 3 years.

Anyone have opinions?

(OP3)
Do you think it will be supported beyond 2 years? What I can see online is the phones are only 2 years.

so I bought a smart phone. now what

By using it you'll eventually become smart.

that would be outstanding

do you like this wallpaper?

It's a meme pushed by smartphone manufacturers to get you buy more charging accessories while shortening the lifespan of your charging port.

Just look at how Apple has removed their headphone jack to make users wear out their charging port faster. They're now pushing for Bluetooth earpods and soon will have their own patented wireless charging pad.

>From a meme game
No thanks.

pretty comfy desu

What's the difference between the regular xiaomi rom and the xiaomi.eu rom? Does the xiaomi.eu rom not connect to the xiaomi servers all teh time asking for updates and so on?

Hey /spg/ I'm looking to get a 5" or preferably smaller (~4.7" is ideal) than that phone because I'm a handlet. I'm in America with T-Mobile. I have a slight preference for a physical homescreen button. I don't game, just some animu and mango reading.

I'm looking mostly at chinkphones:
Meizu M3s ~$140 - Haven't heard much about this phone.
Yota Phone 2 ~$140-$200 - Dual screen e-ink gimmick, the YD205 (and possibly YD201) seem compatible with bands
Zuk Z2 ~$250 - Seems like a decent phone

I looked at the Redmi 3s, but I remember reading awhile back about some weird issues with the phone not working properly?

Or should I just go for a used Sony Z5 compact around ~$300-$350? Besides the price, any reasons why I shouldn't get this?

G4+.

Xperia X Compact.

general consensus is that it's punching pretty hard for its price bracket, but camera is shit-tier in low light and its stock software is love/hate. that being said, i have one coming in the mail because camera isn't super important to me, and i think it'll be a good upgrade from my dying s4

Tot wie das Volk.

OP3 is sold out on their website. When do you expect it to restock? I could buy it from Amazon, but it would cost $485 and I really don't want to support third party resellers price gouging.

When can I expect the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 reviews to start rolling in?

Never. OP3T is launching November 14th and replacing it.

Yeah it is, the G4 Play is more or less a compact version of the G4/G4+ ala Sony and their Z5/Z5C, don't give chinkshit to your grandparents because foreign uis are confusing and putting a pajeet rom on it means you'll have to do maintenance every other week, the moto just werks, I'd suggest an imeme if they weren't so expensive.

soon

Oh and the 3T will cost $80 more than OP3.

And atleast it will be still the same in Euro.

I don't mind if all the custom roms and modifications of the OP3 are also useable with the 3T....

>He doesn't trust the NSA so he doesn't buy an iphone.
>He trusts chinese phones with his account information instead

at least the chinese don't feel like they're the world police

Any suggestions?

>LTE (band compatible) and
>wont die in 3 years.
lmao. is that a joke?

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

At least tell your budget.

I'm on T-Mobile in America
No budget but I still like saving money

features in order of preference:

>it works in my area
>fast and responsive
>decent battery life
>large screen
>not shit camera

anything besides these things would just be extra, please help /spg/ I'm so indecisive

almost forgot

I don't want an iPhone

OP3
HTC 10
6P

Below 550. Not fussy on size.

Thank you for your suggestions, user.

Which phone is better?

Nexus 6 or Moto G4 Plus?

I'm on Verizon, currently have a Note 7 that I need to trade in. Thinking of the Pixel or jumping ship to iPhone.

I don't understand why a Note user would switch to iPhone

Chinkshit:
>Le S3 (Redmi Note 3 Pro with US bands) (150$)
>Le Pro3 (300$ version of 1+3 without 6gb of ram)
>1+3 (400$)

LeEco stuff you have to pick up on their next flash sale. Their last flash sale sold out in four hours. I picked up the s3 for 150$ and am happy as a clam with it. Le Eco stuff is 5,5 inch screen though and has no headphone jack. You would need to use usb-c but both come with a pair.

Only thinking about it because I gotta trade in my Note 7. I honestly love the phone but have to switch it out for something. The Pixel has no wireless charging or a SD card slot, so it's just like an iPhone. The LGv20 is garbage but does have a SD card slot but no wireless charging.

It's a compromise either way. Figure I can try iPhones out then sell it when the new Note comes out and not lose too much money since they retain value so well

G4+.
N6 was a disaster.

I upgraded from an iPhone 4 16Gb to a Nexus 6p 64Gb two weeks ago. It's amazing. Night and day experience contrast. Recommend it to anyone who's on the fence about what phone to get and wants the stock android thing.

Pros:
>screen size and resolution
>camera quality
>runs quickly
>4G LTE

Cons:
>battery life (less an issue for me as I have a charger at home and on my desk at work)

Holy shit I sound like a shill, but very pleased with it.

>camera isn't super important to me, and i think it'll be a good upgrade from my dying s4
Holy shit did I post this

I'm at the point where the back camera on my s4 doesn't even turn on and I'm still hesitant to buy. I'm stuck between the axon 7 (wow those speakers) and oneplus 3 though. Axon 7 has great hardware but oneplus 3 has smooth software. Tough choice.

Any confirmed black Friday deals? I think that's when I'll upgrade

For some reason I am doubting 1+3 will have a deal, because they are upping their production line to the SD 821.

They're doing that with the regular 1+3 or just the op3t?

If the regular op3, that's too bad because that was a very likely choice for me

I've got €200 to purchase a good new smartphone. My previous was an Xperia M but it's broken now. These are the options. What is the best choice?

HTC One X €105
HTC Desire 620 €150
HTC One €180
Sony Xperia M4 €145
Sony Xperia Z1 €170
Samsung G3815 Express 2 €130
Samsung Galaxy S3 €165
Samsung Galaxy S4 €185

i would think they would just replace the 1+3 they are offering with the op3t. But I very well could be wrong? They might sell off the 1+3 from the previous line they made for a little cheaper on black friday to get rid of old stock in that case?

These are all crap. are you stuck in 2013? wtf?
Get a fucking Moto G4 or RN3P.

what phone is that in the OP

does it work in the us

>These are all crap. are you stuck in 2013? wtf?
>Get a fucking Moto G4 or RN3P.
Ha. These are the options being sold in the tech store in my local town. My Dssktop comp and previous smartphone are both broken right now. So I'm not able to order online or do proper research. Those two you suggested, can I get those online for under €200?

Yeah gramps.

aliexpress.com/item/Original-New-1-77-UNLOCKED-SOS-BIG-BUTTON-IMAGE-GSM-MOBILE-CELL-PHONE-FOR-SENIORS-ELDERLY/32684971415.html

ebay.com/itm/Senior-Citizen-Elderly-Big-Button-Mobile-Phone-UNLOCKED-Quad-Band-SOS-Radio-Mp3-/130720287257?hash=item1e6f894a19&pt=Cell_Phones

>lg v20 is garbage
kill yourself my man. wireless charging is a meme

Yeah. where you from?

amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Moto-16GB-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B01GZZK9XQ

>meme

Word so overused it's meaningless. Wireless charge is a top tier feature. Even forgetting that the V20 is not a great phone for the money.

Is One Plus Two a good phone? I like the specs but my concern is that it's made by a Chinese company. How long can I expect to use this phone before it turns to shit?

>Yeah. where you from?

>amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Moto-16GB-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B01GZZK9XQ

Ireland

G4+.
amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Moto-Plus-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B01GZZK95O

>G4+.
>amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Moto-Plus-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B01GZZK95O
Thanks buddy.

1+3 has better hardware, you get 2gb of extra ram and it's build quality is great. Not to mention all the custom roms and stock android.

axon 7 has better screen + speakers, battery is not actually 3250 and it's signal can have problems. 32-bit dac sounds ok though

Get the 1+3, just saying. Unless you REALLY want to go for the 2K display meme

don't buy it, it has overheating issues

>SD810
No, it's shit.

Only when gaymin.

Am I missing something or is the Pixel over priced and under featured? No SD card slot, no water resistance, no wireless charging yet google is trying to sell it for the price of a flagship phone

is that new le eco with the qhd screen and snapdragon 821 coming to the us? if not what other phones will have a qhd display and snapdragon 821?

whats the best samsung galaxy s7 edge case?

What are some good mid-high end phones?
My Carrier is going all out against AT&T this month.

No Motorola phones sadly, for whatever reason they wont sell them.

galaxy s7

google is too big and sucks at everything it does
what else is new?
been that way forever.
Google fi failed within a month of being rolled out

Probably, LeEco has US bands bought so any of their phones will be coming to the U.S eventually.

>It's a meme pushed by smartphone manufacturers to get you buy more charging accessories while shortening the lifespan of your charging port.
>
>Just look at how Apple has removed their headphone jack to make users wear out their charging port faster.

that doesn't make sense. charging wirelessly doesn't inflict wear and tear on your charging port

>What is reading comprehension

I mean that they are pushing wireless charging to create even shittier charging ports. They want you to accept the fact that your smart phone's charging port will break down much faster nowadays so you better pay for those charging pads. Planned obsolescence is no longer 2 years, it has become 1 year, a few months even.

does it have an mSD slot and use LTE band 4?

>I looked at the Redmi 3s, but I remember reading awhile back about some weird issues with the phone not working properly?
The 3S has reception issues if you aren't using two SIM's, you need a dummy SIM or a real SIM in the hybrid microSD/SIM slot otherwise you get lot's of connection drops
The issue has been around for like a month at it hasn't been fixed, so it might be a hardware issue
The Redmi 3 (non S) doesn't have this issue

alright, so it does have expandable memory. none of the company's other phones are compatible with band 4, so I'm guessing it probably isn't either

Cases are meme. Slap some dope dbrand™ skins on it.

What's the best camera app for android? I have the LG Zero and the stock one is utter shit, not to mention the physical camera itself is barely passable.

Should I buy the redmi 4 prime? I mean the specs are worse than Redmi note 3 pro and it's just a bit cheaper, though I prefer phones with 5"-5,2" to the bigger ones. I mean it looks like a good phone but it still feels like the redmi note 3 pro is just a better deal for its cost. What do anons? Should I get it or just simply ignore it and go for the greatest meme in 2016?

Dude the note 3 pro is the shit, confirmed. Don't leave it up to what ifs.

bump

Xiaomi.eu ROM doesn't come with Xiaomi services and instead comes with Google services. ie. Google Play instead of Xiaomi things

To those of you with the Redmi Note 3 Pro, do you actually use the stock rom or something else?

What browser do you guys use? I'm tired of stock miui browser, chrome, and firefox

Anyone considering getting the LG v20? It's really good for me but I'm kind of concerned about bootloops. Have LG fixed that shit yet?

Is waiting for Moto X Pure to drop to $250 a better choice than getting Moto G4 for $200?

Naked browser is quite cool desu senpai

RS
S

Looks like I'm going to get the LG G5, i don't know if there is any phone that is as powerful and affordable. It's a shame about my price range desu because I really wanted the LG V20

Eh I like miui enough. So my setup is miui developer rom with radon kernel for fast charging and Xposed. Working perfectly as intended.

Lightning is lightweight as fuck. Very nice and load fast.

If you're willing to put up with an ugly interface try naked browser, I honestly haven't found a better browser than firefox, the rest are either too bloated, an eyesore, full of ads, is chrome or just sucks, FF has all those plugins you can use, syncs with desktop version and is pretty fast.

>BOOTLOOP
Imagine needing to use your phone at the most important time and having it start bootlooping over and over.

What model dude? I was gloating about the G5 I got but it has screen burn in. If you get one make sure it's a H850 and it's serial number starts with 609 or 610 meaning 2016/09 or 2016/10....

Some people are lucky on 605s and later. It's a gamble...

Good phone though. Good luck finding one for t-mobile though without the burn. I think the bootlooping only happens from people here who drop their phones constantly with greasy dorito fingers.

I'm in canada so I'm going with Wind, the model they have is LG H831, should I still get this?

Why was it a disaster?

firefox crashes a lot and drains your battery like a whore

naked is basically stripped down stock browser

might as well use stock

Ok guys I have two phones tell me which one I should get

>LG G5
>Carrier - Wind Mobile
>plan - Wintab +boost, $60/month
>I only pay $100 upfront for the phone

Or

>HTC 10
>Carrier - Bell
>Plan - (minimum $80/month on a 2 year plan) idk yet I'll have to go there tomorrow and plan that out
>I only pay $100 upfront

I'm getting one of these on Monday. I understand the risk of the G5 but I really want a LG phone right now, they have excellent power and their designs are range from interesting to beautiful. I've always been an HTC fanboy, every smartphone I've owned so far has been HTC and I'm ready to jump back in.

the choice is all yours /spg/ and it'll probably be the final choice after this.

What is the BlackBerry dtek 60 like? Does anyone have one, and is it a decent purchase?

What is the best smartphone under $150 beside Redmi Note 3 Pro?
Thingking of buying Moto E3 but the CPU and Camera is so bad, but what can i expect from below $150 anyway