Does anyone have really good examples of sleeper pc/technology?

Does anyone have really good examples of sleeper pc/technology?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TfhmBcBPNyc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

honestly without the stupid gaymer black mesh shit and port color coding this would be perfect desu

"sleeper" PCs is the exact same as "gaming" PCs, just substitute the absolutely necessary L3Ds and gaudy red paint for absolutely necessary thrift store cases and ugly beige plastic

Is this "sleeper" stuff just a way to make Sup Forumstards feel good about their white-box PCs?
Conformity, frugality, boredom are now the rallying cries of the rebel?

It's mostly a gaming thing for Lan parties and tournaments. Have some old pos looking system that turns out to be top tier guts. It also doubles as theft prevention if you live in a high crime area. Suppose it could also be a way of "hiding your power level" if you're a closet Sup Forumsentoomen.

I got a black case and after 2 months my parents still don't know I own a desktop

>having a normal spec computer but you made it intentionally look like shit
>hiding his power level
>but he gets a gaudy beige meme "sleeper" case

If I had money to throw away I'd love to have a top tier gaming PC modded into something like this just because it would be ridiculous

>Lan parties and tournaments
>2016
had a mini-atx PC for LANs but that was like 10 years ago

just use a damn cable lock if you're gonna hang around scum

>robbers rob house
>see smartphone, car keys, high end monitor and TV
>see beige case that not even your great grandparents own unironically anymore
>even normies know of the sleeper meme
>"Hmm, this guy must just have a shitty PC for no reason oh well time to go"

>le everything is gaymer

Fuck off neckbeard. Mesh is the only proper way to design a case.

>Xbox one controller plugged into beige pc

Good luck. The insides of those are cramped as fuck.

>not having wireless controllers

>paying for Bluetooth adapter
I bet you use a wireless mouse too

Not defending it, just pointing out the mentality behind it.

No, i have a G600 and a 360 controller that came with the adapter in the box

I have my sleeper system hooked up to a single 2006 Dell monitor and beige Cherry MX keyboard from 1997, house got broken into and the only thing they stole was my TV downstairs and an older iPhone

mini itx probably is possible if you have a dremel and some patience to cut out a lot of shit

Maybe. Its flex ATX.
youtube.com/watch?v=TfhmBcBPNyc

>he didn't gut an old busted flat CRT and hook up a 4:3 LCD laptop panel and a miniITX inside

it's like you don't like aesthetic

rad

>confirmed never done a build passed babbies first air cooled system.

>port color coding
Why would you not want usb 3.0 ports to be blue?

>Suppose it could also be a way of "hiding your power level" if you're a closet Sup Forumsentoomen.
retro shit amplifies your power level though, because nobody but a turbonerd would use shit that old in an era where you can buy a C2D system for $10

mesh is ugly as fuck in most cases but that's not what I was pointing out, just the fact that it was black in a beige/grey system

it contrasts pretty sharply with the general monochromatic palette of older systems and also just looks plain gaudy

Not same user but I have never built a water cooled system. I'm not an overclock/benchmark user. I play older games mostly that do not require such capacity and or resource. I'd like to build a water cooled system, but being on a budget, I'm forced to build to spec. I've only built 3 personal systems. Professionally, I've assembled and maintained many systems.

uh well i built one in july

Why do a sleeper PC when you could disguise your PC as a fishtank?
Just get a larger tank and put tall rocks and other fishtank stuff to sit infront of the components.

There is nothing wrong with subtle aesthetics in custom design. Obviously if you're a mountain dew doritos hot pockets guy, you'll build some god awful display of leds.

I've put a Core i7 3770K in one of these Fujitsu Siemens cases

I have a Power Mac G4 that's just collecting dust. I wish I could use the case for something, but apparently it's a major pain in the ass to refit it for other motherboards/parts.