Programming for newfags

I want to combine these two games

github.com/heidi666/WorldsAtWar

github.com/openwar/openwar

Don't ask me why, when, where, or how.

What I need to know is where do I start? I have absolutely zero programming skill. All I know how to do is basic Internet and PowerPoint.

So based on the code in these two games where should I start?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kek, good b8 m8

lmao what retard

You can start by putting the gun to your head and pulling the trigger.

Wtf guys come on. From what I understand these games are like potatoes and isn't like programming COD or Forza.

I thought it'd be a good introduction into the programming world to screw around with something like this.

What did I say!!!! This is worse than Sup Forums PLS HALP.

Cmon help a newfag.

Bump for help

How would you go about combining two potatoes into a working potato?

1 patato + 1 patato = 2 patato. As simple as that.

This isn't for the public. Just my own personal endevour.

If by chance it works out and turns into a delicious potato soup then I would go public? But I don't even know how to code so that's all out of the question.

Based on these codes where should I start learning.

Okay OP, it's not very complicated. You go find out what languages or frameworks these games are written in and learn those, and what libraries they use and how they use them and get to know those, and start reading the source code for each game. If you after that feel like you can add the components of one game into another, you should be able to do that with relative ease.

You're gonna make it if you have the discipline and the motivation to learn OP, I believe in you

Lol you noob, on the first day I started programming I combined COD4 and Forza to create a GTA-like driveby simulator. Didn't even take me 3 hours.

Ok here's your (You)

Don't give the lad false hope.

1 game + 1 game = 2 game, what is the problem?

Did anyone even look at the codes? Would it really be that hard.

Ok thank you, I'll start there. I figured learning how to do some programming would be useful in the 21st century business world.

Idk you tell me, I don't know how to code.

>one is python
>the other is c++

you're fucked

Look at a procedure to compute something, anything in python. Then find a way to compute the same thing in cpp. Now perform a 1:1 line zipper insertion from one to the other.

Will it compile?

Thank you for telling me the languages.

Are those hard languages to learn?

Is it hard to cross them over?

Sure? Why not?

Seem to me that you don't know how to potato either, start there and then come back.

Ok I will. Should I take classes at a college or just learn it on my own? Would classes be a waste of time?

the thing is, they're too different from each other in many ways, you'd have to understand how both of those games work, and then write a third one in the way you want

this could be considered difficult, at best, laborious for a very experienced programmer

i'm not saying that it's impossible, but it's not worth the time you'd spend to do it

I doubt there are any classes on combining potatoes. You're on your own.

Why can't he just take the two languages and code them in a language that both languages are compatible with?

this doesn't exist in real life, only in very specific things

Ok yeah I understand what your saying.

Again this is just for my personal learning. My brother is a multimillionaire with a business. And the reason for his succes (one of the reasons) was because he started coding and worked in his own website.

I feel like I should do the same. Right now I don't have any business ideas and figured I should just start learning code. I'm college working towards a degree and this would just be a side hobby

you really could start on simpler projects, read some books about programming logic, choose a language

starting with THAT will get you nowhere, I don't think it's possible for a single person to grasp an entire game, it's just too much code and interactions between files

I can't really quote you on some book recommendations, but i'm sure someone else here can

Ok I just wanna say that seems kinda dumb nobodies created language that could do that. I mean wouldn't that solve a lot of people's problems?

I agree thank you for your help

of course it would, but it's impossibly difficult to do it

just so you can have a little grasp, on what i'm saying, look at the full java documentation:

docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/

imagine having to "translate" all of that (or simply create compatibility) to another language

and even if someone did that, if someone updates even one of those files, you'd have to rebuild your translator from almost zero

maybe some day we'll have some form of artificial intelligence that can do it, but in the current time, it's too hard of a thing to do

With sufficient effort, you can probably trick a C++ compiler into compiling python code. Both languages are Turing-complete after all, so theoretically speaking there's no reason why it can't be done.

The two projects are written in the programming languages C++ and Python, start there.

Looks like the first is a web-based game using a Python backend, and the second is a more traditional desktop game written in C++. These are mutually incompatible codebases, and you'd be better off either making your own game, or picking one and extending it to have features that you want.