There is absolutely no reason to have anything more than integrated graphics in a laptop

There is absolutely no reason to have anything more than integrated graphics in a laptop.

>Prove me wrong

No, you're right.

video games on the go

>being a man child on the go

I can't think of a single reason I've ever needed video games outside of my home since puberty.

Pretty much.

All I can think of is Litecoin mining. AMD APUs take care of that as well.

Oh there's one more reason - Hardware assisted virtualization.

I agree.

"muh gaymen" manchildren need to go back to Sup Forums

So you can do GPU-intensive work on a portable machine.

>b-but why would you game on a laptop
First of all, there are more uses for a GPU than gaming (image editing, video editing, rendering, etc.). Second of all, not everyone is a NEET who never leaves their room. If you have to move around a lot then it's impractical to take a desktop machine with all its peripherals around with you. While a laptop will never give the same performance as a desktop with a similar price, the added portability is really important for some people.

Although I wouldn't expect 90% of Sup Forums to be able to understand this, they seem to be unaware that there exists a world outside of their front door that functions entirely different to their own.

>projecting like a boss

(You).

There is literally nothing wrong with playing video games.

>image editing, video editing, rendering,
They do not require discrete GPU, Sup Forumstoddler.

>literally

Faggot

Back to Stay off of Sup Forums while you're at it

Image/video editing or even rendering do NOT require separate toddler card. Are you pretending to be retarded?

Video games also don't require a discrete GPU, but having one vastly improves performance.

Oh shit thought I was on /biz/ lol

>There is literally nothing wrong with playing video games.
t. sad manchild

You can run high end video games without desktop PCs or Laptops

there can be stuttering and overheating problems

How do you guys take the edge off working next to pajeets all day?

>Listening to muh music isn't childish, but playing video games is!1!!
>Watching muh TV isn't childish, but playing video games is!1!!
>Watching muh movies & shows isn't childish, but playing video games is!1!!
>Watching muh anime isn't childish, but playing video games is!1!!
>Ricing muh desktop isn't childish, but playing video games is!1!!
>muh grownup feeling. "look i'm a-all g-grownup g-guys!...."

It's really pathetic.

Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.

fuck you

1. Music is a form of matured art, it's not targeted toward manchildren that play coold video games in his mother's basement
2. TV shows/news are targeted towards matured audience, not the 14 y/o kid that asks his mother to buy him a gamer PC case
3. Anime is for children, however MLG topkek 420 360 quickscopezz Video games are more childish.
4. Customising desktops are not meant for a kid, however playing epic final level of call of battlefield V is meant to be played by a middle schooler.

>First of all
Cory Spazkid, is that you?

>Playing manchild games = listening to music

You travel a lot and want to play Vidya games on planes?

No, I'd watch movies on planes unlike a manbaby

High quality video renders and algorithm resizer's
ex: madvr.

Unless video and image editing for you consists of clicking auto repair in Photos and iMovie, you're going to want decent graphics performance. I will concede that integrated Intel graphics are at a point now that they are perfectly usable for this task, but they don't provide the high amounts of acceleration that discrete GPUs do.

Complete strawman, you're just highlighting the most toxic and cringey parts of gaming culture. It's similar to saying that, because Adam Sandler movies exist, all films are autistic, money-grubbing trash that are only entertaining to children and the mentally ill.

>Music is childish
>Music
>No specific genre or artist mentioned

Music isn't just rap and pop you jackass.

>>>/global/rules/6
>>>/global/rules/3
Get out

when was the last time you were on a fucking aircraft? you can barely use an x220

fuck off you literal child

>Calls out for violating rule 3
>I can literally spot 3-4 other violations, and yet, because they're not disagreeing with you, you "let it slide".

What if I just want to have only ONE fucking device
instead of every memed electronic shit separately.
I want to do everything in my device and that includes power gaming shit, hardware acceleration and CUDA processing.
Ok, there is my phone too, but that's like a extension of the main device, which is my laptop, you cant wear a laptop in your pocket, but you cant work properly or do such things on a phone.

There are plenty of immature films out there but there are also plenty of mature films as well. There isn't a single mature video game out there.

Just so we may argue on a level field, what are your criteria for maturity? Are we speaking in terms of depth of theme? Visuals? Storytelling? Some combination? Or another category entirely.

I have to move every 3-6 months, so all my worldly possessions, including issued kit, have to fit in my tiny 2d civic. I don't have enough room to put in my rig.

get on my level

Whenever I go home for the holidays I bring my laptop. It's always neat to be able to play a bit of dota without the need to take my desktop computer in the car for 8 hours.

What do you guys have against games?
It's like in 6th grade when everyone said that pokemon was uncool, yet still played it in secret.

I remember everyone huddled around the one kid that brought their gameboy to class watching them play pokemon.

>imagine your son is this much of a failure

>failure
>imagine this much projection
Are you by chance a feminist?

Gaming is fine. Spending over $1000 on a "gaymen pee see" and shitting up Sup Forums because you think you're some expert on technology is when it becomes an issue.

/thread

>Integrated graphics in a laptop
news flash, every GPU in a notebook is integrated.

>needing more than integrated graphics for vidya on the go