Arch removes the beginner's guide. All of a sudden there's a rush to EZ-Arch 101 implementations like Antergos, Manjaro...

Arch removes the beginner's guide. All of a sudden there's a rush to EZ-Arch 101 implementations like Antergos, Manjaro, and Arch Anywhere to avoid "wasting time installing Arch." Thank you Arch devs!

Anybody with half a brain stem was already using Antergos et al. Installing Arch is indeed a waste of time, and wasting time doesn't make you intelligent. If anything it makes you the opposite.

The whole "you learn more installing Arch" thing has to die. The only thing you learn is how to copy commands like a monkey. Even if something breaks, guess what you do? Look it up, then copy more commands like a monkey. Want nice font rendering? Look it up copy commands like a monkey.

In short: vanilla Arch users are monkeys.

I hope that their next step is to trash the wiki entirely. also they should find a way to break all those lame installers and piggyback distros.

Ofcourse. This is how market works.

There was a demand for Arch 101 stuff for beginner. When it was removed, other imputed their way. As long as there's demand, there will will be sellers.

The current install guide is still a little wordy and hand holdy. I propose this with no links to other articles on the wiki.

1 Pre-installation
1.1 Set the keyboard layout
1.2 Verify the boot mode
1.3 Connect to the Internet
1.4 Update the system clock
1.5 Partition the disks
1.6 Format the partitions
1.7 Mount the file systems
2 Installation
2.1 Select the mirrors
2.2 Install the base packages
3 Configure the system
3.1 Fstab
3.2 Chroot
3.3 Time zone
3.4 Locale
3.5 Hostname
3.6 Network configuration
3.7 Initramfs
3.8 Root password
3.9 Boot loader
4 Reboot

autism: the picture

Its arch what did you expect?

I see that the mantergo babbies get triggered easily

The install guide doesn't have any place in a modern distro.
Specially knowing that arch used to have a installer.
My god, even the fuckin OpenBSD has an installer, and the neckbeards can't bother to write a script for their netinstall.

>arch
>hard to install
Come on now, it isn't that hard. All you gotta do it partition some shit and let pacman do it's thing. If you can't even do that, seriously consider suicide as a viable option.

Installing Arch takes at most 1 hour, of which 45 minutes is just waiting for things to download. The most you have to understand is how to partition a hard drive without your babby gui.

Install guides are a relic of old past.

If your software needs a "guide" to not just use it, but install it properly, then there's a flaw. A huge design flaw.

Concept of keeping it simple seems to be lost on some people.

>Baby GUI
So, you're admitting to purposely wasting time?

OK fuck weed consider the following: installing via CLI works one hundred percent of the time.

Gui installers are well known to have issues with hardware. You have problems with proprietary drivers, iommu, muh UEFI. I can install arch faster than it took me to find a fix for the Gui methods failing.

You tell em. Everyone should be using Macs already.

>he needs to click on things or he won't understand
Enjoy your fisherprice

>Depending on a user interface for every task. Not being able to do anything useful without being spoonfed.

This is why Geek Squad makes so much money.

Wasting time doing something that was solved eons ago.
Those days I simply make a image of my install only.

install.txt in the iso is pretty thorough

How often are you guys installing an operating system? I thought one of the main reasons to use Linux is that you just install it and then maintain it indefinitely, free from windows rot and other weird shit happening to your system without your knowledge. Does it really make a difference if I spend two hours or half an hour installing an OS I'm going to use for the next couple of years?

How was it "solved eons ago"? You do realize your teletubbie interface just executes the command line utilities right? Except you get the terribly simplified functionset.

If you can't figure how to install arch linux, go back to windows. Arch linux is for men with triple digit IQs.

>You do realize your teletubbie interface just executes the command line utilities right?
You shouldn't have to learn a programming language in order to use a computer. The days of Amiga and Commodore are gone. I'm not saying that a CLI has no use anymore though.

It's very weird, Arch is a distro for schoolkids who want to learn CLI, to get acquainted with FHS, corutils etc. There're no other real uses of it except home-brew.

>How was it "solved eons ago"?
Having to install Linux manually was a problem like 30 years ago, where you have to open a fucking hex editor to make the hard disk bootlable, and bootstrap the system. Today is only an exercise of wasting time in the
>You do realize your teletubbie interface just executes the command line utilities right?
Yes. I know that. And I still use an installer.
You type every route when you do shit in your terminal? No, you use tab to fill the routes. You probably use scripts to do lots of shit. This is the same thing.
>Except you get the terribly simplified functionset
Ah, I understand now. You have a special snowflake setup.

>CLI
>programming language

>Arch is only for cli
Wew lad, how about you just install a wm?

>using X.org

I was going to install arch today, fuck

which one of the autoinstaller versions is the best? manjaro?

>I don't want to customize my setup
Back to windoze then, lel

Just install arch normally, fuck. It takes like half an hour.

If you use a real distro like Debian, Ubuntu LTS, OpenSuSe Leap or Fedora you only have to make an install once a new version of the distro is out (9 months for Fedora, up to six years for Debian).

If you use a neckbeard, meme distro for weeaboos like Arch, then you have to reainstall every time an update fucks your system (I.e: every day unless you're autistic enough to waste ~20 mins per day reading the mailing lists and the wiki.)

The use Wayland, it's all the same shit, faggot.

Real distros give such an ability amongst others. Arch made only the manual install option from a chroot, it was made in educational purposes: it helps schoolkids to learn CLI. They'll move to normal distro after they grow up.

I don't have that need. In fact, I need the otherwise: I need reproducible workflows and setups
Can you understand that?

The best installer is brain.exe

Wayland isn't a bloated rootkit, lad

>bloated rootkits
I doubt this exists

>I need reproducible workflows and setups
Ah, so all you need is memes? I get it now.

To install a WM a schoolkid should at least to format drive, to login into chroot and to install a base system with a package manager. This is the only option for arch, this is made to force schoolkids to learn CLI.

Hear hear

It exist and is called X.org
No, seriously. X.org has shit that nobody uses only because has to implement it to say "I speak X11 protocol lads" And of course the shit that all processes can the windows of another and shit.
Buttmad bro?

This is some low quality autism lad.

>Buttmad bro?
Go back to kiddo.

>progarmming language
you're joking, right?

You know perfectly well what I mean. Keep denying that you're wasting time.

No.
:^)
Cry alone in your basement.

Please be more articulate. I know it's hard expressing yourself because of your severe aspergers, but you could at least try, put a little effort in.

This applies to you too:

When you can't argue, resort to ad hominem attacks...

Tell me more about your workflow user. Does it involve any actual work, or are you just one of those undergrad CS lusers that call fapping to pony cartoons 'work'?

>muh logical fallacies
Ah, so I was right about your aspergers.

>he wastes time on Sup Forums
>he claims he can't spare the 20 extra minutes to install arch
admit it, you're just retarded and need a hand holding distro

>This is what archfags actually believe :')

ITT: so many command copying Archfags

>I'm too stupid to figure out command line
>>>/windows/
This time, don't come back. You're not welcome here.

>implying
You should stop projecting your mental deficiencies on others, it's not big or clever. Now go to your room.

Bullshit. I had arch installed for over a year and a half and not even once did pacman mess up any package or configuration. pacman -Syu once a day in the morning for 30 seconds and you are good to go

>newbie friendly beginner distros
Ubuntu/Debian/Mint

>Boring wageslaves
Fedora/Fedora based

>Top tier server usage and serious programming and production environment
Arch/Gentoo

>If you use a real distro like Debian, Ubuntu LTS, OpenSuSe Leap or Fedora you only have to make an install once a new version of the distro is out (9 months for Fedora, up to six years for Debian).
My Debian installation is about 6 years old.

I find it hilarious how uninformed OPs post is. If you go to the revision page of the main page you'll find the talk page which mentions the following:
#Plan reaches closure, and the Beginners' guide is now comparable in size to the Installation guide. "Cleanup day" [9] would be a good time to start the merge of both guides, and replace the Beginners' guide, together with translations on this domain, to redirections to the Installation guide.

Before you indulge in uneducated banter, read up on the situation and you will find that the reason it was removed was mostly duplicate content.

or Windows or ubuntu or debian or most other modern os

Is there a reason not to just set up the basic partition scheme before you load up the live USB that I'm not realizing?

It's amazing how upset 'arch way' purists get. It's quite cute really.

Lmao triple digits

Gentoo is for men with quadruple digit IQs. Come to me when you meet that criteria.

There isn't but doing
fdisk $YOUR_DISK
o
n
$SIZE
Repeat for every partition
w
Is not hard at all