10 Million Android Users Switched to iPhone

>10 Million Android Users Switched to iPhone
bgr.com/2016/11/04/android-to-iphone-7-transfer/

>IBM is saving $535 per Mac over windows machines, switching to Macs saved them even more money than they thought
computerworld.com/article/3131906/apple-mac/ibm-says-macs-are-even-cheaper-to-run-than-it-thought.html

>New MacBook Pro has more orders than any other model ever
appleinsider.com/articles/16/11/02/phil-schiller-new-macbook-pro-has-more-orders-from-apple-than-any-other-pro-model-ever

>MacBook Pro has the fastest SSD on the Market
ubergizmo.com/2016/11/15-inch-macbook-pro-fastest-ssd-in-market/

>iPhone 7 and iPad Pro display visually indistinguishable from perfect
cnet.com/news/iphone-7s-display-is-visually-indistinguishable-from-perfect-says-testing-firm-displaymate/
displaymate.com/iPad_Pro9_ShootOut_1.htm

>Apple takes 104% of smartphone market profits
fortune.com/2016/11/04/apple-smartphone-profits/

>Nougat crashes constantly, 0.2% adoption
forbes.com/sites/shelbycarpenter/2016/09/27/android-nougat-more-network-crashes-ios-10/#260d4f0c79d6

>App Store revenue 90% higher than Google Play
venturebeat.com/2016/06/09/app-store-revenue-was-almost-double-that-of-google-play-in-q1-2016/

>iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Shatter Records
newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/iphone-7-and-7-plus-shatter-records-at-t-mobile.htm

>iPhone users earn more
comscore.com/Insights/Data-Mine/iPhone-Users-Earn-Higher-Income-Engage-More-on-Apps-than-Android-Users

>iPhone users are smarter
money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/

>Google’s new phone rang up a 1565 on Geekbench’s single-core test while the iPhone 7 Plus more than doubled that score at3488. The Pixel’s 4103 on the multi-core test was a bit more competitive, but the iPhone registereda 5590.
bgr.com/2016/10/21/iphone-7-plus-vs-google-pixel-speed-tests/

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/credit-suisse-estimates-588-million-apple-users-2016-4
businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4
youtube.com/watch?v=Na0JRDMAoKM
youtube.com/watch?v=F4hQ4J4BFOM
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
youtu.be/NWp9k2lydtk
osnews.com/story/18/The_iMac_and_the_Floppy_Drive_A_Conspiracy_Theory
bgr.com/2016/11/04/android-to-iphone-7-transfer/
support.apple.com/kb/ph18754?locale=en_US
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shill thread, sage.

Just focusing on the benchmarks, it really is sad how bad the Android flagships get embarrassed. I can vividly remember the "dual core 1GB" meme and then when the Note 7 got blown out by the 6S in speed tests people shut their mouths real quick. Now that Apple adopted a quad core and 3GB they're so far ahead it's unreal honestly.

Someone should do the proportions on this. Android would probably be at 8 cores and 16GB of RAM then maybe that bloated OS could post respectable benchmark scores. I'm hoping Google following Apple's model of controlling hardware and software leads to better performance but they have no experience enveloping processors.

It's more that qualcomms CPUs are steaming piles of shit. Apple has made multiple chips now and before long their own chips will be running the MacBook line.

Android is taking the shotgun approach of throwing Android everywhere and gaining market share even if that means that there are millions of shitty cheap Android phones. You can argue that's more important than revenue.

the fucking adoption rate pisses me off more than anything. Now you're forced to get a nexus device or be left in the dark by updates.

>Ctrl f mactoddler, fag, gay
>no results
Poor droids must still be asleep

Copying this op for future use

Remember to report shill threads

>filled with facts and sources to back them up
>s-s-shill!!!!!

I know it hurts when you can't afford the superior option but you don't have to reject reality.

>go to work
everyone on a macbook

>go to conferences
everyone on a macbook

>go to meetups
everyone on a macbook

feels good man

time to switch from Android Studio boyz

Wait, Sup Forums told me macbooks were Facebook machines that weren't capable of real work!!

Apple built it's reputation on making easy to use products for the common man now they're just milking you for every dime. It's funny to think of some Macfag floating when hr can't even hook his iPhone up to his Mac without a chain of adapters. Macs still have underpowered inadequate cooling fans and iPhones are creeping toward $1000 despite losing features and still being fragile pieces of shit with an ugly design, but hey at least you have fast storage so you can play angry birds even faster! I own an older rMBP but after this I'm getting another business laptop. You get so much more power for your dollar and MacOS is riding off of the glory of the past. They haven't made any real improvements to it since Snow Leopard.

>Wait, Sup Forums told me macbooks were Facebook machines that weren't capable of real work!!
Fixed that for you. Here on Sup Forums we get a lot of spillover from Sup Forums you see...

Not surprising

Botnet phones/notebook without ability to change parts
>>/consumershit/

Got a 15.4" rMPB yesterday, best laptop I've ever owned, right above my 11" air.

I'm enjoying my pixel so far. It has all the benchmarks I need, like the ability to play .webm, and the ability to transfer electricity over wires to headphones and thus play music without disturbing other people, or requiring me to purchase a gimmick like wireless headphones.

>just focusing on benchmarks
Yeah cause that's what buy a phone for, running synthetic benchmark.

This thread gets posted everyday at this exact time.

Really makes you think.

Great thread OP. Keep it up.

Virgin jobless teenagers should be shamed.

>muh ricing
>muh file browser on a phone

here is some extra links

businessinsider.com/credit-suisse-estimates-588-million-apple-users-2016-4
>Apple users are significantly richer than non-Apple users. According to Credit Suisse

businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4
>These maps showing the locations of 280 million individual posts on Twitter shows a depressing divide in America: Tweets coming from Manhattan (rich) tend to skew in favor of iPhones. Tweets coming from Newark, N.J. (poor), index more heavily from Android phones.

Sorry to burst your bubble, iPhone destroys in real world usage speed as well.

but that is impossible user

android master race

youtube.com/watch?v=Na0JRDMAoKM

youtube.com/watch?v=F4hQ4J4BFOM

youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
go to 3:20

Apparently the MBP's are such shit on power management that if you plug a USB-C device in that uses its threshold in power, the wifi card will stop working

>pixel xl takes over twice the time

>anecdotes

How exactly is having useless ports no one supports and requiring to use tons of adapters "easy to use" in anyway?

Skip to :30. Windows craptops are a joke for real work.

youtu.be/NWp9k2lydtk

osnews.com/story/18/The_iMac_and_the_Floppy_Drive_A_Conspiracy_Theory

This happened time and time and time again

I'm talking more recently

when floppy drives were at their peak, CD drives were already gaining ground as the next high capacity portable storage and USB wasn't far behind that.

I'm talking more recently where apple starts putting on so many unsupported ports and formats and removing blatant features that were commonly supported before

For example, removing USB ports which are used extensively today for USB-C ports that are rarely used at all. Same with thunderbolt ports that are now being dropped by apple in favor of Lightening ports

Removing 3.5mm jacks for audio from the phones and removing HDMI ports from the MBP isn't exactly moving forward, not only are there a huge lack of monitors that support USB-C or thunderbolt on the MBP but you'll immediately need an adapter for anything to use it with

not exactly "easy to use" when your standardized ports are completely missing

How many Android flagships have already started using USBC?

If Apple doesn't force these changes on the industry it won't adapt. Same goes for the headphone jack. We are stuck with Bluetooth which in general is shit and for audio is terrible for any kind of reasonable audio fidelity. Yet after all these years development in this area is stagnant. Sure there's plenty of Bluetooth headphones but nothing high end and why would there be when the standard makes high quality useless by design? The future is wireless and Apple is going to triple down soon enough and ditch even the lightning port for wireless charging, leaving 0 ports on the iPhone.

>How many Android flagships have already started using USBC?
The new Macbook was the first IIRC, but it only had one USB-C and no other ports outside of the 3.5mm jack. No regular USB's HDMI or SD card slots.

>if apple doesn't force these changes
apple isn't leading the change on anything, they're dropping support for entire swathes of normal standards and aren't even replacing them with usable standards

Even today there are so fucking few thunderbolt devices still compared to USB3.1

There are still today after a year of apple's bullshit so few USB-C devices because apple isn't actually leading the innovation on anything and instead just forcing users to use adapters because their current set up is 100% unusable on their own.

Hell the Thunderbolts on the right side of the new MBP don't even have all the bandwidth that they originally advertised

/thread

>How many Android flagships have already started using USBC?
None if I recall right, Microusb is still a superior plug because its 100% compatible with the entire line of USB products, last gen USB products, legacy USB products and its so likely that you already have a charger for your product at your convenience.

Its not convenient to use an adapter ever, its more convenient to have backwards compatible things like USB3.1 than invent a whole new proprietary port

I thought Android phones used USBC long before Apple did it?

The standard theyre replacing with is wireless. Going back to what I posted earlier, people bitched and moaned that the floppy was gone and Apple replaced it with this unusable "USB" port. Did Apple lead the charge on flash drives? No, but look where we are now

Nexus 6P, Pixel, HTC10...

Can you debunk all of the stuff OP has shown or provide a clear explanation?

USBC sure is proprietary. Idiot.

qualcomm is a bunch of smelly pajeets of course they make terrible chips

Wow, that's a lot of empty closet space!

>I thought Android phones used USBC long before Apple did it?
Not really, a huge majority of phones still use microUSB

even then the droid turbo 2.0 already has ultrafastchargers or what ever and have inductive chargers now so you have wireless charging

It's funny and more sad honestly that when the anti Apple shills get called out with facts they just shut their ears and throw insults like a child.

>apple starts using niche and ports no one uses
>forces users to buy adapters because none of their devices work with it
>innovashun guys I swear
>USBC isn't proprietary
when no one is using it it might as well be

Firewire wasn't proprietary but only apple really used it

Indeed.

Every recent Android flagship is coming out with USBC.

flagships aren't the only phones out there dude

>he doesn't just go out and purchase whatever mildly interests him with fistfuls of cash
You're a fucking poorfag. I didn't feel like looking around for the other 20-30 memephones I have, so enjoy what's on my desk.

Who cares about cheap shitphones and chinkphones

>those phones don't count even though millions of people use them because they don't support my narrative

>apple shill thread
>please ignore:
>the USBC wifi issue where you can't use any high power USBC devices and use wifi at the same time
>please ignore ALL the fucking adapters
>please ignore the fact that they don't let you install an old OS
>please ignore no escape key
>please ignore no ability to use HDMI without a fucking adapter
>please ignore no magsafe

I dont really care about their choice of ports and jacks. I dont even care about the benchmarks that may or may not be synthetic.
What I care about is the lack of (hotswapable) batteries, thats basicly it. Less selling of private info would be nice to. Applies equally to both systems.
Simon is that you?

Check the sales pajeet. People whine and whine and whine about all the adapters but guess what: iPhone sales and MacBook sales are still through the roof. Nobody cares except autists on Sup Forums.

>amazing sales means the product is good
I guess leage of legends is the best game in the world since most people play that and they can't be wrong anyone who disagrees is an autist

This. Apples shit-eating fanboys have reversed the role of the consumer being able to demand standards and features. Manufacturers are taking useful features away and implementing garbage meme features in the name of """innovayshun""". Removable batteries and sd storage being the absolute jewiest changes to date.

Literally see you morons

That has nothing to do with removing 3.5mm jacks from phones while having no tangible replacement. The phone didn't even get thinner it actually got thicker than the iphone 6s

>no replacement
Oh I don't know, Bluetooth? For fucks sake.

test

Measurements, weight and design
iPhone 7: 138x67x7.1mm, 138g
iPhone 6S: 138x67x7.1mm, 143g

How about actual figure out what you're talking about before posting.

point still stands that it wasn't the 4.5mm jack making it thick with the fact that it didn't get thinner at all

>bluetooth
its superior to just have regular plug in headphones, miles easier to use

now all those 3.5mm headphones you used to use are 100% useless without an adapter

now you have to charge your headphones all the time.

This isn't a good replacement at all the reliability sunk in favor of a 3.5mmjackless phone for no reason

But how many iPhone users will switch to android after the whole Mac Pro/iPhone 7 controversy?

Did you read anything that was posted in this thread? Thats the whole point. Bluetooth is shit. This move means more competition in in the Bluetooth space and possibly even a new standard that doesn't have the shit compression that Bluetooth does. Is there any reason we haven't had a better wireless audio solution? We have the technology, development has just been stagnant until someone prodded the market.

>Literally see you morons
>
All I see here is an example of a shit-eater being fed shit and calling it genius.

Honestly, very very few. And those that do will realize how bad Android is if you're invested in the Apple ecosystem. There are still many many things that Apple's ecosystem does natively that Android needs third party software for and some that it can't replicate at all

>We have the technology, development has just been stagnant until someone prodded the market.
we actually don't have the technology because the radio bandwidths we currently use are getting pressed for space. Its highly unlikely you'll find a better solution to solve the compression shit, the battery shit is always a problem because energy density of the batteries hasn't improved in years.

That guy is literally shitting on Apple for abandoning commonly used ports and forcing a market change just like right now.

Most companies do one of two things

they introduce new ports while keeping one or two of the old ports OR they adopt a standard that is backwards compatible like USB 3, 2, or 1

apple has done neither of these things, abandoned all legacy support then blamed the customers for not going out and rebuying all their shit or buying more adapters

Real estate in Apple devices is vital and there's no room for hanging on to legacy ports. Are you suggesting all laptops should be 5 inches thick to accommodate every port and support parallel and FireWire still?

>Real estate in Apple devices is vital and there's no room for hanging on to legacy ports
Are you kidding me? theres 2 USB-C ports that are useless, one of those could have been a USB 3.1 port

one of the 3 fucking thunderbolt ports that are absolutely useless could have been HDMI

and they easily could have fit an SD card slot onto there and that module isn't thick at all and wouldn't have disturbed the thickness of the computer at all

>many many things that Apple's ecosystem does natively that Android needs third party software for and some that it can't replicate at all

such as?

You are dense. Hanging on to these ports just promotes stagnation.

>confirming your biases this hard

No it doesn't

>andrones will give this reply 200+ times to this thread and keep it alive for 20+ hours and encourage OP to keep making it every fucking day

Good job andrones. Keep it up.

Receiving messages and calls on other Apple devices which requires Pushbullet on android, calls can't even be replicated.

Android has no such feature like handoff.

No elegant backup solution like with iTunes. I can wirelessly create encrypted backups of my phone.

>hard numbers are biases

>calls can't even be replicated.
what does this even mean?

>no feature like hand off

yes there is, you can hand off via blue tooth devides. My desk phone will route to my cell phone if I'm not at my desk to answer it.

>no elegant back up solutions
microSD cards? Google has its own cloud services

>I can wirelessly encrypt back ups
I can back up and encrypt my phone's data too, this isn't new

>andrones will give this bait thread 200+ replies and keep it alive for 20+ hours and encourage OP to keep making it every fucking day

Good job andrones. Keep it up.

>what is sage

My fucking god you are stupid.

If I receive a call on my phone and I'm on my MacBook, I can answer the call on my Mac. Android cannot do this.

Your description shows me you have no idea what handoff is or even took the time to look it up. If I have an email open on my phone, an icon shows up in my Mac dock where I can open it and continue where I left off.

>trusting cloud backups

>If I receive a call on my phone and I'm on my MacBook, I can answer the call on my Mac. Android cannot do this.
Why would you answer a phone call with your laptop?

I can answer calls on any windows device with skype routing to my android phone so yea my android device can do this.

>what handoff is
its not called "handoff" in the big boy world faggot, its called call routing. You can route any call to any device via VOIP or otherwise.

>trusting cloud back ups
oh boy look at this fucking response after you use said "muh elegant apple cloud"

Go look up handoff and come back. You are not talking about the same thing.

Many iPhone users on Reddit aren't interested in Apple anymore. There either going to look for a android equivalent or just ride out there phones lifestyle. I have an iPhone 5 so when I get a new phone it isn't going to be Apple. People are realizing how much of a prison it is.

>this thing you do with your android phone isn't the same as my apple flamboyant shit. No you're not allowed to use things like skype to route calls between devices that doesn't count

>bgr.com/2016/11/04/android-to-iphone-7-transfer/
And how many switched from iphone to android? Android market shares are at record highs and Apple's has slipped 1% in the last quarter

>iPhone users earn more
>iPhone users are smarter
correlation != causation. Also this makes sense since Apple's market share is so small compared to android's, and since android essentially has a monopoly on cheaper devices and pay phones, in addition to having high end models.

>iPhone 7 and iPad Pro display visually indistinguishable from perfect
iphone still loses to samsung's 1440p OLED currently.

>App Store revenue 90% higher than Google Play
not surprising, android revenue is mostly from ads. Also I don't see this as a huge plus for Apple really, it just means you're spending more money

>...while the iPhone 7 Plus more than doubled that score at 3488...
also not surprising, iPhone has always topped single core performance since the hardware/software is purpose built and locked in

I bet you use iCloud.

>I can answer the call on my Mac

Its not the same. Why are you bringing up routing calls? Thats not at all what handoff is.

>market share
Sigh.
>Person 1 sells 100 widgets and makes $100,000
>Person 2 sells 5,000 widgets and makes $1,000
Who cares about the money, I sold more!

>Thats not at all what handoff is.
thats effectively what call routing in general is, routing a call between devices whether it be a phone or computer. Its the same way beepers and pagers worked.

Why would you answer a phone call on your computer? Skype does this but no one uses it.

Also person 2 has more volume and a more stable base to work on, the investments are stronger with that company than with person 1's even if person 1's yields more revenue

Why does it matter when they're both shit?

I'll just use my jolla phone for email, camera, web, calls, text, and occasional hackery. Fuck that nanny OS and javashit noise.

>muh apps
>how will i gayme

Just keep your phone handy nigga

What, are your pockets on the other side of the room because you use your mac for looking at gay porn

I seriously wish I could bash your fucking dense head in. You are not talking about the same thing.

support.apple.com/kb/ph18754?locale=en_US

>Who cares about the money, I sold more!
Then what point are you trying to make exactly? That iPhone makes more profit that android? Sure I won't argue with that. But so what? That doesn't make iPhone "better", there's no connection there. Unless you work for Apple this doesn't affect you or me at all.

>Jolla
The biggest meme in the whole thread

They have more money to put into making a better product, to name 1 reason.

>no guys transferring calls between devices isn't call routing or call forwarding
>its "Handoff" (tm)

with how much you like handing off you could open a business for your gay ass

This isn't some new shit faggot, this has been around for 30 years

when will they start doing that then?