Is the surface pro 4 the best tablet ever created?

Is the surface pro 4 the best tablet ever created?
What are the best alternatives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D_PgKyqE3RU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Due to Windows' continuing dearth of touch-optimized apps (last I checked, there wasn't even a promising comic reader, and that's one of the most simple and obvious use cases for a large tablet), and the resulting reliance on a KB+M interface in practice, I do not consider the Surface Pro, or anything running Windows, to be a "tablet".

The best tablet is the iPad Pro, because it's actually touch-centric, unlike Windows tablets, and apps are actually optimized for large displays, unlike with Android.

It is so far, but like pointed out, windows is pretty bad on tablets/touch.
Every time I'm on a windows tablet I wish I was on android so that everything is optimized for touch, greats apps for everything etc...
Yet every time I'm on android I wish it was windows so that I could watch a stream while browsing the web, multitask etc...

Android and iPad are just giant phones, they can't do serious stuff even if the phone apps are resized better for iPad.

Why would you do "serious stuff" on a tablet?

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I can watch streams on my iPad in PiP, and do pretty much whatever else along with that. As for multitasking, most apps that don't require fullscreen for some specific reason (games, Microsoft Remote Desktop, etc) support iOS' dual pane functionality.

It's quickly and quietly turning into the best OS to use on something that doesn't have a keyboard or mouse.

They can do "serious stuff" just fine, man. I do it every day. I admin my two Windows-based servers with the iOS MS Remote Desktop client, and I wrote an academic paper using Word for iOS just last week.

If you are a artist or something you can run PS or illustrator or anything you'd like, maybe you wanna sketch things and then make a card model, etc. Maybe you don't wanna get stuck with the laptop form factor, but otherwise a laptop is usually better.

Pretty much all my family is on Apple, so naturally I got to try their iPad, and while it's a bit better than android for multitasking, it feels really tedious compared to windows.

Sure, but so could a phone.

Depends on what you mean by 'better'. If you mean power and software versatility, sure. But if you want LTE, or a digitizer, or the ability to charge from a USB power bank, your laptop options get pretty limited pretty fast. And if you want to be able to use the thing without having to set it down on something, you're not going to have a fun time with a laptop.

there are comic readers on windows, for example there is summatra pdf, which supports epub and a few comicbook formats.

You want tedious, try Windows touch-screen-only.

Dual-pane multitasking on phones sucks. Frankly, though, I find it pretty goddamn impressive that you can pull up a functional, usable Remote Desktop session on a fucking cell phone nowadays.

Use Chunky for iOS and ComicRack for Android, and tell me again how fucking Sumatra is a good solution for reading comics.

iPad Pro is objectively better. Specially as a tablet which shouldn't replace your main computer.

The only problem with the iPad is that it has less professional software available to it, but that is changing rapidly.

>n-trig
no.

OP there
since i'm a musician and a composer i got interested in this tablet for this program youtube.com/watch?v=D_PgKyqE3RU

IBad Pro has no apps and is weaker than a core 2 duo from 2001

Pro laptops usually have mobile data and removable batteries(instead of power bank, acctually they're mostly a thing cause you can't remove batteries as much anymore). There's some some converting laptop/tablets, but yeah you don't always want to be stuck in the laptop form factor.

>A9X
>weak

sure

Both of those things are objectively untrue.

You can just use CDisplay Ex or Comic Rack to read comics. Both work well on touch.

Is there a good Sup Forums app for iPad? I can't without clover

>I can do serious stuff with my tablet!
>L-Let me just access remotely to my Desktop Windows OS from my phone!!

Good shill, remember, you always need Two devices for your needs.

Yes, because it's totally feasible to have 25TB of local storage in a laptop.

I really want a surface device to write notes with and stop using notebooks but I just can't do it. There is no way that thing will last more than 2 years with its shit build quality and jankey cooling system

Get yourself a personal Wiki Server or even a local flatfile based wiki like TiddlyWiki or something.

Dude, if that's what you want to do with your device, check out the iPad Pro. Particularly Notability, it's a good note-taking app. I haven't used a piece of paper since I got my 12" Pro. Also, iPads are passively cooled and solid-state in general, so they tend to last a pretty long time. The Apple Pencil's durability is pretty impressive, too, unless you're a giant retard who's *trying* to break it.

I'm not definitively going to tell you to buy one. Maybe you'll hate something about it. But definitely go check out a floor model at Best Buy or something.

>What are the best alternatives
2017's Surface Pro 5.

Typing notes is for cheap rubes. Handwriting improves retention, and retention is everything. Also, enjoy typing mathematics and diagrams.

any source about that? really sure i'm going to wait for the surface pro 5

Two?

I have a computer for Plex+storage, a computer for torrenting+storage, an iMac for doing stationary work without my experience being degraded by server tasks, a MacBook for when I really, absolutely need a desktop-class OS in a portable form (not often), an LTE iPad Pro that's my actual everyday use device, and a phone, because phone.

And that's not counting the half dozen devices my wife has.

No official word from Microsoft. Lots of rumors about Spring 2017, March specifically, when Intel's new processors are out.