Networking degree

Is getting a degree in networking worth it?

yes.

I hear tons from people telling me that the market is saturated, is that true?

>a degree in networking
What does that even mean???????

For graduates program, after comp sci.

Computer networking you drooling retard.

OP, yes, a degree in networking is worthwhile and can lead you off into many different careers. Sys admin, database admin, network infrastructure, infosec. Keep your mind and ass open if you do get a degree in it.

Are you in the field?

Would you have rather gone into a different IT field other than Networking Systems?

Yea, I'm going to college for computer networking atm. Honestly, every other field of IT except for infosec is shit compared to networking. Lots of jobs that pay well and plenty of room to grow. It beats the cs meme degrees any day of the week.

What uni?

Pennsylvania College of Technology. It's was a tech school that Penn State acquired so it became an actual college. It's still taught like a tech school though which is awesome. Small class sizes and lots of hands on shit.

I'm thinking of hitting up NCState , but I don't know if there's a better school in NC

Not in the networking side. Coders/programmers/IT are saturated as fuck, but if you're good with the networking side of technology, there's plenty of opportunity and they can't easily replace you with pajeets.

>he payed for a Computer networking networking degree
Oh my fucking sides. How dumb are you cunts?

Is a CCNA worth it?

i'm in a french uni studying networking but i'm changing to system stuff(POSIX programming , kernel stuff, sysadmin ...)

networking is an easy speciality, it limits my capacity.

my advice to you is to add some sysadmin/programming certification to your resume

>he thinks a fortune 500 company will hire anyone without a bachelors degree
>le I can teach myself this stuff xDDddD

Very. Get it in addition to a networking degree and you can work literally anywhere. If your resume says the letters CCNA on there, you will be hired.

So how does CCNA work? Do you just take a test and if you pass then, boom, you're certified?

Yes. But the test isn't easy so usually people will take a class or two on it before taking the test. I heard it's challenging and requires a lot of studying.

You have to take a course from a CCNA-certified school. Most community colleges have these, so it shouldn't be hard to find somewhere to take it. Then once you've taken the course, you get the exam, and if you pass you get the cert. There's a couple more levels to it if you want more knowledge and marketability, but for the most part the first one will get you in the door at lots of companies.

What would the be the highest paying career doing down this route, infosec?

Probably infosec but if you land a nice job as head network admin at a fortune 500 company, you can be raking in 100k+/year.

user here working on 2 year Networking degree and then CCNA after.

What are some good entry level jobs I should aim for? I'd be down for just laying cables and shit but I'm not sure if that counts as flat out construction or what. I live in a huge city (Houston) so I'm not worried about not finding anything. Mostly just to get a few years relevant experience so I can move up to a big boy job eventually.

NOC

Are these degrees specifically for studying network infrastructure or is it everything IT thrown into one word again? What topics and how deep do they teach, so what can you expect from someone with a networking degree?

I am from Germany and these terms have confused me for a while now - IT education is completely different here. I work for a carrier and most people in our network team are actually former electricians, I myself got in with an apprenticeship

No, networking is expanding now that we have shit like IoT. More workers are needed to manage the sheer number of equipment. Rajeeds cannot easily manage this shit from Pooland.

>No, networking is expanding now that we have shit like Botnet of Things

FTFY