Deepin or budgie.

None. VT.

Xfce on my old Netbook. Runs good.

ios, its all i've got

gnome 3

Gnome

osx, darkmode.

The only sane option, KDE.

Xfce if you want a complete desktop environment. i3 if you just want a windows mánager.

Linux Mint on t431s, the latest KDE is buggy and not good. Lacks a ton of decent GUI desktop/computer management apps. Not to mention it is really resource heavy.

I recommend MATE to anyone looking for a rock solid DE, I will probably never change from MATE.

Even XFCE lacks a built in network manager, but perhaps that is not a deficiency but a choice made by the devs. It is supposed to be light weight after all.

I ascended to tiling wm masterrace but I dig the motif window manager look

cinnamon caus aging gorilla button theme
plus easy shortcuts and launchers

I'm turning into a pretty big KDE fanboy. Pic related.

CDE like a fucking man.

Xfce for a full "desktop" experience, otherwise, openbox

Windows 10 :)

>KDE on Linux Mint

There's your problem.

Started with Gnome Shell, and keep coming back to Gnome. Always.
Shes my baby.

Ubuntu mate
XFCE on underpowered laptops

Proof that being gay is a choice

I just can't stand the absolute dogshit mouse settings on gnome
If I were using a desktop then I guess I could deal with it but tying both mouse and trackpad acceleration together was a horrific mistake

Its gone if you update Gnome. Or at least you get the feature to disable it in the newest Gnome Tweak.
Personally I just don't mind Mouse Acceleration.

KDE on my desktop
alternating between Budgie and KDE on my laptop

How can I install Gnome without anything it comes with? I just want Gnome shell as an environment and add the programs that I want to it.

Why budgie when cinnamon exists?

cinnamon

>Flanker
good taste

Great, the dyke is back
>DE
>implying
i3
Is this the new desktop thread?
Kill yourself

this is it

just tmux. anything else is bloat

rude

Plasma 5.

Unity. Gnome runs a little faster but it feels like gnome is designed to use as much screen space as possible and I like Unity's global bar.

I sometimes run X applications.

Openbox + Tint2. No excuse using a DE in 2016.

What are you going to do when X finally dies?

I'm sure when Wayland becomes the standard, they will port Openbox or something similar to it. I don't want bloat on my system, I'd rather pick each program I use without having to uninstall the others that come with the DE.

There is no current plan to do that as far as I know. Something similar is more likely but they're late since quite a few managers are migrating to it so you may need to wait a while.

You can pick each program in almost any environment, especially in Arch or similar distros. The depth you can go depends on how severe your OCD is.

Cinnamon

KDE for home
Xfce for work

Unity

LXDE

post smug downs pepe plz

Le Xtreme Distro Ecosystem

Windows 10 for desktop
Xfce for laptop

You can specify mouse and touchpad accelerations with dconf editor. Yeah, dconf editor is basically the gnome equivalent of regedit, but you can customize a lot of shit with it.

None because it's pointless

Linux and UNIX have NEARLY ONE HUNDRED YEARS of software available. DE faggot developers think they can somehow best INDUSTRY STANDARD AND POPULAR PROGRAMS with their own crap. What are you left when you remove that crap? A really, really bloated window manager+panel+launcher set that does less and is actually HARDER to configure than a more "primitive" one that can not render spinning cubes or do drop shadows as efficiently.

Oh and yeah, I don't need gvfs to mount shit. Udevil works. A lot of things work! And hell, gvfs works outside of gnome if you swing that way. Isn't that the shit.

>inb4 i'm not a neckbeard i have work to do
1: yeah, sure, not buying that, you totally employed linux user with zero free time
2: maybe one day you'll be able to install a WM without spending five hours coordinating the colors with your anime-themed Sup Forums CSS?

Warning: autism this bad could be contagious.

>inb4 i'm not a neckbeard i have work to do
i'm a neckbeard i have others things to do

Gentoo GNU/Linux with Portage

KDE5
Still has some bugs but it's getting there.

Cinnamon is bloated as fuck, It's literally the slowest de.

How do you guys position your panel?
vertical is pretty comfy

Unity or gnome depending on distro.
I want to love KDE5 but its simply too bad in every way, to the point that i liked KDE4 better.

I like xfce but I use pretty low power hardware

What's Sup Forums opinion on KDE running on SLAX?

to ram!

Only reason to use Debian stable for desktop

Almost in the same boat as you but a few things annoy me:
1: some of my extensions sometimes fail to load or act buggy. Might be me using incompatible extensions but I suppose they _should_ work together all of them.
2: no proper taskbar showing all my open windows/programs. One of the few things Windows actually gets right is a nice taskbar

>Only reason to use Debian stable for desktop
many distros still support kde4 and plasma has themes that replicate kde4
>Where were you when KDE 4 was comfy gray
i was using 'Dark a my soul' black on kde4

Is autism the new meme word for truth?

DEs are a waste of time and space. They're not meant to be used, they're meant to make linux look like windows or OS X (complete with bundled and branded shitware) long enough for freetards to draw normal people in.

use libinput, and switch acceleration profile in either gnone-tweak-tool, or as explained here at the end wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_acceleration
(in debian based distros the file should be placed in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/)
Other than that you can always use xinput, it saves the settings from what i remember

DWM.exe

Oxygen on KDE5 looks like total trash, i would post the same screenshot but cant bother to run a live usb right now. Also i see no real improvements except from file/programs search, that is done well at last. Vsync is basically still the same, works pretty ok but not perfect like new gnome (3.18+) imo.

Also KDE5 has no wacom tablet settings and im a leftie, and using xsetwacom every time i connect and having messed up proportions because 16:9 screen vs 16:10 tablet is too much pain in the ass.

you again. In every fucking thread and always the same ugly as hell desktop. Are you some sort of anti-shill?

GNOME 3.2

KDE

XFCE - one of the best. KDE - one fo the worst.

>t. autist

What exactly is taking ~7gb ram?

Lumina

bspwm on my workstations, xfce on my laptop

fucking de plebs, tiling wm or gtfo

> sometimes running gui applications

Can confirm.
There is no way I would have switched to GNU/Linux if I had to jump into i3 directly.

I wonder how well the openbox flavored distros do

Explorer.exe

But to use i3 comfortably you still have to install at least xfce4.
Or haven't you?

Debian

I'm on testing stretch

>he uses a desktop environment
Open box is where it's at, senpai.

cant believe im saying this but i really do miss kde 4

osx, darkmode.

bottom so i can read the window titles. useful if you run multiple windows of the same program

the one im using

gnome

>depends on systemd

Lxde
Fuck off

What's so bad about systemd?

i3wm, I like enlightenment but it is buggy.

doesn't matter anymore it's all just special snowflaking, your average anti-systemd shit doesn't know what an init system is but will be sure to hate on systemd

LXDE
I get millennia of battery life.

this made me chuckle; you should append to KDE user "strangles bitches that turn him down"

None. I3

this.
Gui was a mistake.