/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Old thread: >New to /ptg/? Have an inquiry? Consult the wiki or the PDF before asking redundant questions
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
a.pomf.cat/ameuju.pdf

>If you have a question, check Google. If you can't find an adequate answer, ask here.

>What.CD interview info:
whatinterviewprep.com/ and the wiki

>Various tracker IRCs and sites open for signup:
pastebin.com/dD3cqWKc

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before, though most claims of being staff are false
>staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers
>sneaky bastards will try to convince you that cheating can be evaded. It can't and you will be banned and everyone will laugh at you
>people claim to report emails and other personal info posted here to staff to get you banned
>most of the invite offers here are people trolling you with false hope - begging for invites is a waste of time

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/34iov0/ptp_suffers_another_peer_leaking_attack/
mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8000GB-Seagate-Archive-HDD-v2-ST8000AS0002-128MB-3-5Zoll--8-9cm--SATA-6Gb_987006.html
someimage.com/14tM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

312c is the man behind the curtain

ok nevermind then

>watch it 312chrissy

How do I into BTN?

HOW DARE YOU

is black cats permanently dead?

owners arrested, so probably

312c is a bad person

he's mean for no reason

How do I 312c post?

312c has no compassion.

>tfw too smart for private trackers

no empathy
GGn shitters>312c

312c has no morale compass

who would win in faggotry contest

/ptg/ irc or GGn irc?

The /ptg/ irc for sure. While GGn has a bunch of weebs, the ptg irc has a bunch of dumbass opsec tryhard idiots

>BTN and MTV don't have The Walking Dead s07e03 in 1080p
>it's been 3 hours

Can anyone point out better sites that get this stuff first? I would honestly like to know where on the internet these scene groups actually drop their releases. Is Usenet the true answer?

I know nothing about the IRC protocol so forgive my ignorance. Doesn't it reveal your IP simply by being in the channel?

>he watches the walking white bread
literally lmaoing at ur life bro

What's funny is they can probably make a script to create a list of all of the names and associated ips, then use that information to further narrow the search, unless he had given them some false information. I doubt they'll care if he's that active, though.

Not if someone provides you with counterhacking covering fire.

>Not if someone provides you with counterhacking covering fire.
~rude

Why are GGn IRC peasants always shiting up this place? They can poo in loo at their curry tracker..

Why are oppaitime IRC peasants always shiting up this place? They can poo in loo at their curry tracker..

Why are animebytes IRC peasants always shiting up this place? They can poo in loo at their curry tracker..

Why are AHD IRC peasants always shiting up this place? They can bloat in the moat at their curry tracker..

Is PTN a meme?

I've got 2 months of waiting (minimum) for PTP, need something for now.

I've got TehC, but building a huge buffer seems pointless if I move on in 2 months anyway.

B-B-But a-user don't you like big fat animie titties?

First of all, a 1080p hasn't been pred.

Second of all, if you wait till tomorrow, there may be a way better source available than what is offered to scene.

You clearly don't have any idea about how things work, you don't deserve to be on BTN or MorethanCurry.

>MorethanCurry
honestly stop with this shit

t. rajan

t. Pajeet

I'm white as snow, but this "joke" is getting a little stale.

I can smell the cumin from here, "Mark."

>a 1080p hasn't been pred

How to you check?

well you didn't feel any pre did you?

The stench of Cumin really is persistent. I cooked with some Friday and the smell from my fingers just now went away.

I really dislike actually cooking with cumin, the heat makes the smell awful. It's good in pico though

What would the appeal of HDB be if I'm already on BTN, PTP, and BloatHD?

internet points

Better encodes I guess. epeen and bragging points

none

>epeen

How so? Quantity (being on lots of sites) or quality?

>he doesnt collect rare trackers

People such as 312c who keep file sharing "obscure" by banning people for twisting rules to fit as needed are just a bunch of uptight elitists who have an addiction for control and no concern for keeping file retention

>thinking HDBits recruits on thepiratesociety

thats where i got my invite

2/3 PTP is next

W-What...

You're alright kid, don't come to /ptg/ tomorrow.

What site

Please sir I beg you. Don't do anything malicious to harm PTP.

PTP and 312c deserve it, she puts the poo in the loo, rubs the shit on her skin, or else it gets the hose again.

>or else it gets the hose again
>not the DDOS

You had one job nigger. I will not be forgetting this fuck up.

>tfw just fapped and busted a huge nut to TS Jamie French getting her (male) throat pounded to oblivion

Feels weird man

Ever?

not weird, just straight up gay

Stupid indians. Don't even know when a show it's pre'd or not. Not on BTN, has not been released even by aliens.

Just got banned from BTN for using VPN (for the second time)

Is anything else actually good (*practically crying*)

Why would you use a VPN you dumb cunt?

The autism btn display over vpn use is disturbing. They need medical help.

actual accident (watching BBC or similar and forget to turn off before browsing BTN)

Also BTN have had significant peer leakage before so using it while torrenting isn't dumb.

yeah they are truly ruthless although I partially understand why

Peer leakage? Explain.

reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/34iov0/ptp_suffers_another_peer_leaking_attack/

Fucked up if true.

If you bothered to read the blog posts/alerts on either site, you'd know all about it.

>please answer what is the next best thing to BTN and is it even worthwhile

Please advice me what should i get to replace BTN?

I'm l33t on WCD and decent on PTP

BTN is literally the best PT in the world, in regards to television.

I would look into Morethantelevision and the mess that is Freshon.

MTV is gaining traction, but the retention is wank. If you were to search a show, you'd find that the HDTV pack was well seeded, but that crisp P2P doesn't have many seeders.

It's got autoup and decent seedboxes, so everything is fast.

Solid advice. Thank you.

I use NZB also but I just need something for the occasional time that I want something old / rare.

MTV will hopefully come close to satisfying my needs and it looks super easy to get on.

MTV is apparently getting a workover too. Don't know when it'll happen, but they admins have been working on revamping the whole thing, so hopefully that'll bring in more users and functionality.

It's easy as to get into. Hell, I'd give you an invite, but they're only on PU forums now, so if you're good on PTP, I don't see why you couldn't get on.

Phew they allow VPN.

Do you know if they have API or a way to plug into Sonarr

Yeah. Get Jackett and then copy the API and NZB url into SOnarr

Based MTV. Cabal are curry as fuck apart from based HDB who allow vpn after signup

What shit tracker it's that that doesn't allow their users to take privacy and security measures just because they don't have a life and like to push that disable button? Actually BTN love to press the " Disable the invite tree " button.

Yea. The concept of tieing an ip to an individual doesnt work so its essentially pointless for them to enforce no vpn

Just looked at some memeboxes and holy shit they are unreasonably expensive. With the price of 12months seedboxing I can make a small server with 10-50 times more storage and the same bandwidth. Why would anyone pay these jews?

If you have a computer at home you dont need a seedbox. Seedboxes are one of the biggest memes going.

>10$ a month, 120$ a year
>10-50 times more storage
>9TB - 450TB storage
>on 120$
my my

I'm going to be building a new computer with Wangblow, OS X, and a linux distro on it.
What are the best torrent clients for each OS, and how would I go about making it so they share the same torrents?

Dont fall for the rtorrent meme its a bloated pile of garbage

Why is a badly drawn pic of Mitt Romney the OP?

I cant respect a tracker that allows cam rips

Now you are just being silly.
Taken from feralhosting:
£120 /month makes £1440 per year
1200 GB. Storage so small can't seed for shit

with only 1000€ you can buy 4 of these mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8000GB-Seagate-Archive-HDD-v2-ST8000AS0002-128MB-3-5Zoll--8-9cm--SATA-6Gb_987006.html
Now how would you like your asslube?

Honestly HDB is mostly appealing to people who want to get into encoding. You get a lot of resources to improve on the source files. You can get HDB releases on mirror sites anyway so the biggest USP of HDB is the encoding resources available in the forums

There is also epeen

kek can you even read user?

Can you?

nope :o/

I have noticed that public trackers have gotten way better for older releases with number of seeders and leechers

I am waiting for a good KAT alternate to rise, when it does I am going to start uploading all private tracker releases I have my hands on the new successor of KAT. Files are gonna last and spread much more that way

I hope you eventually learn :^)

which one do I watch /ptg/ ? :o|
someimage.com/14tM

I'm having some trouble with irssi-autodl and BTN. I can see my bot joins the BTN irc, but it doesn't join the announce channel. According to the BTN doc, I shouldn't have to specify the channel because autodl already has it preset.

What could I be doing wrong?

Also interested in this. Great question! :o)

Any good media servers out there like Plex but for music? Plex is great for movies/tv/anime but it sucks for music.

Recommendations?

>enjoy plex for movies and tv
>mfw i realize it won't stream FLAC

google music?

do you have the enter command set?
/msg BTNBot enter #announce IRCnick passkey
etc