What's going on?

What's going on with my cpu? I'm getting much lower results than I used to.

It's not overheating (47c while running the test), and I'm not overclocked, just standard 4ghz.

What could be causing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/121775/how-to-force-windows-applications-to-use-a-specific-cpu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Could this be because of windows 10?

>AMD CPU

wew lad nice meme

Check if any cores are busted.

>beaten by leltop cpu

How?

Simply run and stress test application and use the taskmaster to assign which core should receive the task for it.
howtogeek.com/121775/how-to-force-windows-applications-to-use-a-specific-cpu/

So start with 0 and run bench, run 10 times, take notes and do this for each core alone.

Which program should I use? Is cinebench fine to use for this?

Prime95 or whatever would also be good. Tell me what motherboard and Cooler do you have?

Crosshair IV formula
Some dual slot corsair AIO cooler, h105 or something

Okay, seems like a sturdy motherboard so it shouldn't take a hit at all. But do the benchmarks and test with each core and see how it goes, hopefully nothing is busted and you just have too much background processes hogging CPU time.

I did these tests right after starting my computer, so it makes no sense for it to be that low.

the main difference seems to be windows 10 vs windows 7 in the old results

Could this be it?

Congratulations, you now found out about the garbage amd IPC. Enjoy your cores with half the speed of any garbage bin i3.

Could but would then recommend you ask someone with similar setup to do a bench and see if it's really the OS, that is the problem fenetres grimes

You're talking about irrelevant garbage, the image has results with the same exact cpu much higher

All cores seem to be working. I tried to run a newer cinebench version and got a higher score (524) but still not as high as it used to be

run cinebench R11.5

i've got no prior reference point for this

Looks like a reasonable score for 4GHz

>FX 8350 @ 4GHz
>6.34

>FX 8320 @ 3.5GHz
>6.04

>FX 8350 @ 4.2GHz
>7.08

>FX 8300 @ 4.49GHz
>7.54

So maybe yours is under performing slightly, but not by much at all, you might be running a heavy anti-virus or some other background task that is using up some of your CPU time as well.

Don't have an anti virus, and I shut down other stuf that might be taking resources so idk what it could be

It doesn't really matter considering it's running within ~10% of similar clocked AMD's so it isn't doing terribly even if it isn't exactly what you should be getting.

And I'd be willing to bet money you've got background tasks using up your CPU.

A virus.
What kind of fucking idiot doesn't use an anti virus on a windows pc connected to the internet?

Eh, I dont run any anti-virus on my machinee 24/7. I run malware and virus scans every few weeks and rarely if ever get anything.

I've been doing this for years
Just don't be retarded and it's fine.

I assume you are checking background applications with whatever win 10s version of resource monitor is correct? nothings fucked there?

Also, amd will down clock a cpu when its not being used, is it possible the cpu is not clocking up, but because it can reach that high clock its saying thats what it was going at?

I'm using process explorer which gives a better breakdown and can show what applications are using GPU usage as well.

I haven't had an anti virus in 10 years and I scan occasionally, no issues