Is the Sennheiser HD598 good or bad? Thinking of buying it, I don't know much about headphones though

Is the Sennheiser HD598 good or bad? Thinking of buying it, I don't know much about headphones though...

MODS

Overpriced 558

buy it goy, just do it

Good goy!

>>>/hpg/

Um. 558 seems to be the same price as 598. That's why I'm confused...

the hd558 would be more comfortable since it doesnt have that shitty fake leather headband

They're similar, 558 is slightly warmer. Buy whichever one looks better to you.

buy pudding

When using the foam mod on the 558 (quite literaly 8 screws and ripping off a piece of foam) the 558's are identical to the 598. If you can get them for cheaper them for the same price then i'd go for the 558 for comfort. Or just wait untill tommorow and get the senheiser 6XX from massdrop, they are just HD650's with a different cable.

Just the BEST headphone ever use !
buy it eye closed !

Mmmm

This

I have a pair
Very comfy and nice warm sound. You can't go wrong.

bass sucks on those. most $50 headphones have better sound than those..

>t. Beats owner

just beyerdynamic 990 pro and some chink iems.

save money, buy hd6xx from massdrop and an amp-magni2. you're welcome

This but 770s are all around better for the money than 990s, which are fairly similar sound response to 770s

They are good. You might prefer the 558 if you want more warmth and better headband comfort.

Isn't the only difference is the 770's being Closed, 880's semi closed and 990's open? They are the same price here. I just ordered a 990 PRO yesterday.

the headband is only bad if it cracks on you, the velure one tends to get dirty and impossible to make clean after a while.

>Sennheiser 6XX from Massdrop

Holy shit, thanks user, I was not aware of this!

Seriously considering buying them, will have to do some research by tomorrow to be 100% sure first.

I have a pair of AKG Q701s currently, and while they're not bad, I'm not sure if their sound signature is right for me. I've had them for several years, so I think it's time for something different.

I used to have the Sennheiser HD 555s and loved those, so I was planning on getting the 598s eventually. With the 6XX thing, I'm a bit torn now.

Anyone have any opinions on the 598s versus the 650 Senns?

And what is a good DAC/AMP pairing for the HD 650s/6XX?