Microshit Visual C ++

Do i really need all of this shit? Can i just uninstall the earlier versions and only keep the 2015 one?

Other urls found in this thread:

solus-project.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. They contain different, binary-incompatible runtime libraries and something may break if you start removing them.

well shit, i just did lol

Lol

lol

aye lmao

nothing will break
it will complain that you don't have the specific vcruntime version that it needs at some point
you can install them back at any time (good luck guessing which one you need lol)

now since it`s broken, you can install gentoo. it`s all managed down there in portage.
you could also install os x where the libraries are embedded with the package itself

hahahahahahhahaha

laffin me arse off mate

Each version of Visual C++ is different, some applications need a specific version to function properly. Very often your drivers need them too.

So don't remove them recklessly. You will fuck something up.

hehe madman

lol

>Can i just uninstall the earlier versions and only keep the 2015 one?
Only if you know exactly what each of your applications needs to run. Some applications could very well depend on old versions of the runtime libs and will/may not work if you delete shit.

If you do know exactly which versions are in use then you can obviously remove the other ones.

absolute

You should install Solus

solus-project.com/

Madman

its already been answered, faggot retard

Gentoo Linux doesn't have this problem

good for gen2

Neither does Solus

No, they are incompatible with one another, one of the many consequences of the DLL hell and Windows NT.

Kys Kevin

Actually, it's a consequence of Microsoft changing around the Visual C++ ABI every fucking generation. If Microsoft were in charge of libstdc++6.so on Linux, we'd have a similar issue.

Why are you that much of a pleb? What do you even do? Rice your shitty desktop all day long?

>homecomputer
>uptime 5 days

Please

It's actually my laptop, so it's my home computer, school computer, and work computer.

>turning your computer off

lol why

Exactly, I only restart when an update requires me to restart.

>Kevin
>Doing anything else then sitting in his basement

Kek

So you do nothing with it? Not rendering anything, not downloading anything and you still choose to let it run 24/7?

Are you retarded? You don't let a computer run 24/7 unless you run something on it and since you're using Windows we can exclude that option.

Why not?

My computer is on 24/7 simply because of the fact that I don't want to wait for it to boot up when I use it. I have some torrents seeding and shit but honestly I could just outsource that work to my raspberry pi if I gave enough of a shit.

He's just jealous of our uptime

Well torrents make sense. I'll probably outsource them on a pi soon and ditch my second VPS.