Guys, I wanna buy AMD FX-8370, but I have i5-4440 now, which means my socket is 1150 and I need AM3+...

Guys, I wanna buy AMD FX-8370, but I have i5-4440 now, which means my socket is 1150 and I need AM3+. Is there any adapter I could use and would it decrease new processor effectiveness while using it?

My MoBo - msi Z87-G43

You already did good. Upgrade to a used i7 in a future years' time and overclock it to hell.

*a few years' time

bait

Why would you downgrade?
>Is there any adapter I could use
of course
>would it decrease new processor effectiveness while using it?
not at all

Downgrade? Thought that this AMD is much better than i5-4440. Also I have RX480.

FX8370 = 8 x 4.0GHz
4440 = 4 x 3.1GHz

What do I understand wrong?

Performance, just buy a used 4770k

lol op is rilly dum

b8

All Ghz aren't equal. Intel is way more efficient and it takes like 2 Ghz AMD to do the same amount of stuff as 1 Ghz Intel. That's not an exact conversion, but that's the general thing going on.

I would recommend SuperMicro's AM-LGA Adapter. The newest model that is. It does have a bit of a heat problem but as long as you aren't cooling with a Hyper 212 Evo or some other trash it should be fine. Performance impact is minimal except for a few issues when debugging low kernel operands or other graphics processing. This basically means any games using Nvidia Game Works or any other GPU acceleration might take a small 5 - 10% hit if you're running at or near to capacity. Other wise it should be fine.

Also the adapter is quite bulky. Make sure you have enough clearance in your case before buying it.

Nothing.

Thanks guys, really helpful. Maybe gonna try i5-4790k then

/thread.

the most expensive GPU, not even 144Hz on a 1080p geezes 2000 + 16

The titan is more expensive and faster. Plus if a game supports multi-gpu the fastest card in existence is the pro duo.

thats because its technically 2 cards. I think I remember some reviewers actually liked the pro duo but said its a dumb ass buy because of the price.

>Thought that this AMD is much better than i5-4440.
About equal in most games, better multi core performance, worse single core.
Really depends on the application

If you upgrade, at least get a 4790k.
Or wait for Zen.

psychosis

>thats because its technically 2 cards.

No, its a single card. It just so happens to have two dies on it but its still a single card - its a subtle (but important) distinction that isn't shared for 99% of cpus due to their socketed nature.

Its a single card with twice the amount of everything , so technically its like having 2 cards but working as a single adapter

i'll ruin everyone's fun for the sake of taking the b8.

there's no such thing as a cpu adapter, especially between AMD cpus and Intel cpus. to get an AM3+ socket, you'll need a new motherboard with that socket. however, you'd be better off buying an Intel i7 compatible with 1150 sockets. the best one you could get is the Intel i7-4790k.

if you're deadset on getting an AMD cpu, you'll need a new motherboard, which cost-wise, wont make much of a difference in the long run, versus just saving a tiny bit more, and getting that i7.

looking out for you little user.

Obvious troll thread, stop fucking replying

Except in the LONGER run unless amd releases an AM4 socket he wont have to change motherboards anyway once intel releases an entirely new socket type for the next gen.

t. still using an i7 930 from 2010

well fuck me amd actually is going to release a new socket type for Zen. Hey at least AM3+ didnt become obselete a year after release like fucking 1136

> so technically its like having 2 cards

You do realise that a "card" covers everything right? A dual die gpu (like the pro duo, titan z etc etc) are a single card because - shockingly - they are a single card.

Just because a pro duo or titan z have double the silicon of their lesser brethren doesn't make them 2 cards. Why is it so hard to understand that card has no real meaning beyond form factor? If you have had a million cpu dies (if we are being technical thats exactly what we are talking about) it couild still be a single card.

tl;dr card =/= single die (and associated circuitry).

If AM4 usdes the same mounting AMD has been using for nearly a decade things look very enticing as you don't need to ditch your D14 to cool our overclocked zen.

Okay maybe a D14 us a bad example given Noctua tends to ship out replacement brackets but the point stands. If I can slap my silver arrow onto zen thats a reasonable amount of money saved when upgrading as this cooler will handle even a 9590.

I like saying card

Wikipedia says they changed the cooling brackets but if that's the only problem adapters should pop out as soon as Zen rolls out.

>Wikipedia

You had me until that point.

Well the reports all come from the same website except from a single one saying they have adapters.

>le anyone can edit wikipedia meme

>6600 @3.3
Into the trash this benchmark goes

>What is a daughterboard.

(obviously not to switch from Intel to amd, but there have been a few socket converters in the past)