TFW trying to replace broken screen on laptop and I cut the clear tape on the screen connector thing

>TFW trying to replace broken screen on laptop and I cut the clear tape on the screen connector thing

W-was this a mistake? Is that a crucial part?

nope

it's just there to hold the thing in place.

It's perfectly fine as it is just regular clear tape. As long as the cut wasn't deeper. They use this to keep that connector on for the crucial moments in which you are juggling it back into the case so it isn't disconnected the moment you put the screen back in. You can also not screw in the rest of the brackets, boot the laptop to be sure, use it, and then once it's fine, do all that up back again

isnt the screen youre replacing already broken?
what does it matter?

It's not working.

I think I didn't push the connector in properly but it's kind of hard, i spent a lot of effort trying to push it in... For some reason i just thought maybe the clear tape was a cruical part(somehow)

not OP, but the tape isn't on the screen it's on the LCD cable. I just happened to swap lcd cables and upgrade to HD screen this morning here's a pic related

dumb frogposter

JUST

Ok i finally managed it and now the screen is green as fuck. what do???

it should fit in easily. any chance you put it in upside down?

Fire yourself Louis.

Ok i'm pretty sure the connector is fucked.

Is there any way to fix or replace this shit?

question: is the panel you put in the same resolution? I ask because wxga (1368 x 766) usually uses a 1 way cable and HD plus and FHD use a 2 way cable

if your panel is HD but your original screen wasn't that might be why it's green

if that's not the case, you can get a LCD cable for roughly 10 bucks on ebay

it was a headache to get mine in dude had to basically disassemble laptop to plug it in to the motherboard

in my case both cables looked identical and would have fit, both had identical connectors. but I couldn't use the cable that was already in laptop even though it fit

Yes

I think i fucked it up somehow. It wasn't going in so i pushed it a lot but now a VERY small piece of the connector broke off when i tried to adjust it - the little copper thing on the connector that attaches to the monitor and "clicks in", i don't know if you know what im talking about but yeah

what model laptop is it? it's definitely something you could tackle, don't panic

it's just a matter of how tedious it's gonna be.

whatever model it is youtube "X disassembly"

you'll def have to disassemble it somewhat but it might not be that bad depending on how it's guts are laid out

hp elitebook 8460p

I think i'll definitely need to buy a new lcd cable...

it's not a good feel

nevermind about that cable, I wanna see your room.

mfw it's literally a basement. comfy though and only 100 dollars a week

Clean your fucking room dude

Hey its not bad, I'd remove that "curtain" of yours. Adding strips of velcro to that fabric and the wall would make it look ten times better. Paneling looks pretty nice looks like real wood.

I'd get rid of that tv stand and the black office chair and use that one in the back. What's with all the speakers?? You could make it look ten times better by removing things instead of adding them. Secret to making a room look good is less clutter, the less shit you have showing the better it will look.

$100 a week sounds expensive af, where are you? bay area??

depressing

Yeah it does have potential, remember less is more. Get rid of some your shit and it will look great.

>depressing

Why? The dude has a place to live he pays rent and utilities, I'm sure he would live in a different place if he could afford it, this is probably all he can afford. What's your bedroom like??

i'm in a weird spot and this isn't permanent guys! 100 a month is cheaper than the shittiest studio apartment in my city so it's not that bad. there is literally a whole house on top with living room, kitchen etc as well

Why do you have two beds??