Alternative to iPhone?

I have an iPhone 5 and I really liked it until the battery and lock button broke down and Apple started forcing their increasingly stupid updates on me.

I want an Android phone with similar great build quality to the iPhone 5, not a huge screen, nice smooth touch, no bloatware, fast components, nice looking screen etc.

Everything is not needed, but I want it to be able to compare with the iPhone 7 and feel similar to the iPhone 5 (best designed phone imo).

Is there such a phone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gBKSQpu0EC0
youtube.com/watch?v=wko2PkOf0qQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why don't you buy an iphone 5

se

Because it's old and I don't want to own a 2012 phone until 2020.

I want away from iOS and iTunes and Apple's shitty closed eco system. I think I want an android. If I can't find anyone that suits my needs, I will go with an SE.

Honestly, despite what the Androidfags here will tell you, Google's ecosystem isn't much better. Android is a shitty patchwork OS that doesn't know what it wants to be and relies on brute hardware force instead of good programming. I'm saying this as someone who had 4-6 Android phones (depending on whether you count RMA replacements as separate phones -- yes, I had to RMA two of four) between 2011 and 2015, and now has an iPhone 7.

If you really liked the iPhone 5's design, my advice to you is to get the SE.

Xiaomi mi5s

This is an opinion I had not heard here. You make a good point.

Would jailbreaking an SE be a good idea if I want to get away from the iTunes controlled world of Apple?

> "iTunes controlled world of Apple?"
Stop bitchin. here folks we have the stereotype of Sup Forums

But it is true. iTunes fucking sucks dick.

>complains about wanting an updated iPhone 5
>That literally exists and is one of the most powerful 4 inch devices on the market

Have you not heard of the SE? It's literally a 6s in the body of a 5.

>Apple started forcing their increasingly stupid updates on me.
Exactly how?
All they do is put a red button on the Settings icon and leave it up to you if you want the update. There's no Microsoft-style forcing or stealth updates.

>iTunes fucking sucks dick on Windows.
Fixed.
Also: well, what did you expect? That it would work like a Mac program? On Windows?

The "Do you want to update?" notification pops up every time I start the phone and then keeps popping up randomly. It is very annoying. I don't want to update and there is no way to tell the phone that I never want to update, and if I want to, I will click "Update" in settings myself. Makes me pissed.

don't listen to the shill, get a mid range android phone you can root and install a lean rom

Nexus 5x or just the 5

I know very little about android. Can you suggest some phone that would suit my needs or send me in the right direction?

This.

why not throw away the 5 and get a se

>buying a phone 100 percent imported from china

please dont do this

take a look at LGs, Huaweis and the like.
They all got cheap mid range versions of their flagships including Samsung. Or you can get the nexus 5 like the other guy said.

Get a Huawei p9.
Best phone I've ever had.

But aren't they all.. plasticky? I want a solid phone that doesn't feel cheap like a lot of Androids I have tried do.

New iphones are "plasticky" too, you have nowhere to go. Also >muh aesthetics

>plasticky
You are going to put it a cheap case anyway.

I also have an Iphone 5 and love it.
The battery is really shitting the bed though, I get about 2-3 hours of use out of it now, just using 4g.

Its really starting to lag on me now, very badly, in spots where there really shouldn't be any lag at all. the stock keyboard never lagged when the device is new, what possible newfangled programming would require my keyboard to ignore the first few characters I type.

iOS updates never actually added any functionality to my iphone 5, they just made it slower and less power efficient. which is the only reason I want out of the apple ecosystem. that and non removable batteries. And I'm sort of done with proprietary connectors too

frankly I liked the reliability of the app store, and the way it updates apps. The whole thing is just very locked down. You can't even really do simple things like set local .mp3's as ringtones or alarms or customize your wallpapers in any meaningful way other than replacing the image.

Plastic is better cause it's durable, wifi, data and Bluetooth signals go through better unlike aluminium

why are you replying to me? reply to the guy asking

Wrong person, I'm tired asf

Yeah, I don't want a new iPhone. Maybe the SE. But the new ones suck. Tim Cook can't into design.

Look at OnePlus phones then or HTC

I have never used a case. Only an aluminium bumper in 2010.

Cases ruin the feel of the phone.

I'm getting like 30 minutes of continuous use with 3G. Mine doesn't lag though.

If I left apple I would miss iCloud backups, seemless syncing, everything being automatic, etc.

Customization sucks though, but it looks better than all android themes anyways so it doesn't really matter to me.

Nice joke

How is it that yours doesn't lag? did you do the updates?

I have like three 3rd party apps total on my iphone and I frequently close all open apps. Im running it about as stock as stock gets, but whenever I unlock my phone to answer a text message, it hangs up on the unlocking procedure, sometimes skipping number inputs, it hangs up opening messenger, and when the keyboard loads seconds after the messanger it will still skip at least one character ~80% of the time

I have the latest update. I have no idea why it doesn't lag like yours.

Have you done a complete factory reset recently? I have done that a couple of times and it cleans things up.

The hanging up a couple of sec on unlocking is normal. Even the newer phones get that. I think it's an app that takes time to load when unlocked to. It has never happened to me with all apps closed down at least.

OnePlus 3

>This is an opinion I had not heard here.
fucking new

Lumia 650 is like a iPhone, no apps though

You want a Pixel. Not a Pixel XL.
Lag-free, God-tier camera, easy to use...it's basically an iPhone running Android. It's Google's iPhone.

It even looks like an iPhone desu

I actually can't believe it took this long for the Pixel to get mentioned in this thread. It's an iPhone clone, essentially, but running Android.

Pixel. Ignore all these other answers. I have an HTC 10 myself, but it wouldn't fit your criteria because
>bloatware
>screen kinda biggish

HTC one m7 is your go to desu.

Pixel
/thread

I had both an M7 and an M9 and they're terrible phones. I would never buy a HTC phone again after those pieces of shit.

The 5x was never good and the 5 is almost outdated.

I wish there was a Sup Forums app like Clover on iPhone; it's really the only thing holding me back.

>What did you expect? them to correctly develop software?
Yeah. I do expect that. Most of their iPhone userbase is on windows and they know it. It's pure arrogance and apathy that they don't fix their fucking windows version of itunes.

Do not listen to this fool, maybe the pixel is good, but my Nexus 6 throttles like crazy i can't stand all that fucking lag

It even costs like an iphone

a nexus 5 nigga

That nice smooth touch you mentioned already makes Android not a feasible option for you.

m8 here it has this weird problem where it sometimes crashes on low battery and resets the UI

apart from that rock solid phone

oh and the front camera sucks balls

lg v20

Xperia X Compact

As other anons have said, OnePlus 3.
> youtube.com/watch?v=gBKSQpu0EC0

Hardware, software, price = sweet.

I'm currently rocking an almost 3-year-old Nexus 5, which has been amazing, but the battery is shitting itself, and I've been on the lookout for quite some time now, and OnePlus 3 seems to be the obvious choice, even though it doesn't have a magical battery and it has a PenTile matrix.

I've only ever had Nexus phones, so I've not had any Hardware problems, but this user isn't far off. Android seems lost as far as direction and really needs another 2-3 years before it finally gets back on track.

youtube.com/watch?v=wko2PkOf0qQ

at half (50%) the price

this basically, OP's a retard who just wants an iPhone by a different name so his friends don't make fun of him any more

> m8 here it has this weird problem where it sometimes crashes on low battery and resets the UI
Yup, I had the same issue. One time it died and I was stuck on the initial set up screen. I had to factory reset. Taiwanese piece of shit

>spending almost $1,000 for a phone

ZTE Axon 7 or the Le Pro 3.

Pixel
Huawei Mate 9
Oppo R9
ZTE Axon 7
OP3
Xiaomi Mi Mix

The only good iPhone left is the SE. It has far superior build quality and battery life than the 6 or 7. I used it as a daily driver for about a week and I jailbroke it. It's really nice. I'm now back to a Nexus 6P. If you're looking for an Android phone under $200 that just werks, get a Nexus 5 with a battery case. The battery case is needed because the battery sucks. Otherwise it's an amazing device. Unlock the bootloader and flash AOSP Nougat and use APKPure for apps. You can find instructions on XDA or YouTube and it's really easy. If you have money to spend then get a Nexus 6P and do the same. Google apps are bloatware and Android is 100x faster without them. If you want to dig even deeper and abandon the normalfag operating systems, you can buy a Nexus and port Sailfish OS to it. Sailfish OS 2.0 is compatible with Android apps. It's a really cool gesture based OS and I use it on my Nexus 9 tablet.