Could use some recommendations on a good student laptop. Student budget is also in affect

Could use some recommendations on a good student laptop. Student budget is also in affect.

>affect.

I recommend a better school.

Man that really depends on what you want to do.
Seriously you fucked up 1/2 sentences, perhaps an e-reader would be a better purchase. I recommend The Elements of Style.

Anything you can pick up at Wal-Mart for $200-300.

good =

cheap?
light weight?
battery life of X hrs?
decent to good keyboard?

Basically. Fairly portable, too.

amazon
ASUS Chromebook C202SA-YS01 - 170.00

25 in Macbook pro w/ touch bar with the 1tb option ssd and 16 gigs of ram

Honestly, I've never thought of using a Chromebook. How is the Chrome OS? Any good?

Macbook. HA!

Used thinkpad.

you dense fuck, lmao

Thinkpad X220

this.

no it sucks ass. Unless you want a computer that only has google chrome then it is useless just like windows RT

chromebook

if you wanna buy one laptop for college get a retina macbook pro 15" from last year.

if you wanna buy one laptop every 1.5 years get anything but a retina macbook pro 15".

second hand thinkpood T420 or X220

I'm really happy with my ThinkPad T430, bought it used with 8 Gigs of Ram, i5 and a 256 GB SSD and so far it's been handling everything flawlessly.

I'm running T430 with HDD (company-issued so I can't swap), the boot times are painful.

>>>/Google/

I feel you bro, every time I have to use a laptop with a HDD everything seems to take ages :/

>How is the Chrome OS? Any good?
yes it is good

Student of what? If you only need it for writing and internet then get used Thinkpad

its good if you major in english or something like that. It's terrible if you are an engineer.

I have a t420 but the battery life is pretty much garbage (2 hours-ish) even with a 9 cell. Not to mention it's a chunky laptop and annoying to lug around campus. Should I get an x220? Or should I just ask for a nicer laptop for Christmas?

>I'm running T430 with HDD (company-issued so I can't swap), the boot times are painful.

Can you select boot sequence by pressing F12? You could install any OS you like on an SSD using another PC, then place the SSD in a drive caddy. Pop out your optical drive, pop in caddy, boot to your choice every time.

Get a chromebook and call it a day.

Get a Chromebook R13 or wait for the Samsung Chromebook Pro.

Refurb XPS 13 or XPS 15.

Chromebook or laptop with A10 apu if you want to game. GTX940M if you don't care about the battery.

>using a chrome book

throw yourselves into the trash, chrome books are garbage

Matte screen backlit keyboard and full size keyboard highly recommended.

Also, the courses You plan to pursue will also play a Major difference, where a budget graphics design e3 XEON professional laptop runs close to 1500$ to just an all around best bang for the buck jack of all trades AMD A10-9600 will run You around 300$.

In all honesty, Freshman year AMD is hands down the way to go, Better overall computer and besides the 7X APU's are amazing on the battery.

I would also commender You get somebody who knows what they are doing to put windows 7 on it if its a PC, touchscreen is worthless to a student while the performance and privacy gain is important.

Are there any good chromebooks with a decent screen? I really just want an extra device to leave near my TV for general web browsing and chatting when I'm not at my actual PC. Want to get a chromebook to mess with it and for general low power use and all.

The asus C201 looks like a good choice but it seems the screen isn't very good. I'd rather get the Toshiba with an IPS or such, but it seems to not be listed anymore.

Yeah, amd has good balance of cpu and gpu performance

Cant wait for laptops with zen

I have and am using the Asus c200 right now.

I use it as my primary time wasting device for browsing, watching youtube videos, and netflix.

10/10 would reccomend. Get the c200 over the 201. I justified it when i did research when i bought it, but I dont remember off of the top of my head.

I can't really find any reason to go for the 201 over the 200. Only real difference is it has a slightly faster intel dual core instead of a rockchip quad core.

I still kind of want the toshiba for the IPS 1080p screen, but its about 75 bucks more for a refurb compared to the brand new 201.

Just get a new 9 cell. I get 6-7 hours. IF you really need a not taking laptop that does absolutely nothing else, just get an ARM chromebook.

I think it had something to do with the ports. Compare them and you will see the light senpai.

Probably not. Depends on policy/secure boot etc. Notable that on my company issued 420, the hdd caddy wasn't considered a "removeable device" if I stuck one in the optical bay (but that trick doesn't work on my 430 that replaced it.) used to backup my main ssd like that

Is the k401 worth it? I play meme games once in a blue moon (think neptunia) and at 625 bucks it seems like a worthwhile investment given any meaningful work gets offloaded to a server at home.

"YEAH COULD I GET A LAPTOP THAT DOES EVERYTHING PERFECTLY ALSO I ONLY HAVE 200 DOLLARS"

Come the fuck on you retard.

a Refurbished hp elitebook, dell latitude or lenovo thinkpad, op. you can get them for under 200 dollars, and they are pretty good laptops. look at the specs.

you buy anything else and you're a fucking pleb

i got a hp elitebook for 180 dollars

wasted on fedora

What's wrong with macbooks?

All the girls at my university use one

how well does linux work on chromebook(arm)?

does mpv work?

this desu

currently using an x201, i get about 4/5ish hours of battery life with a 6 cell,

I'm thinking a windows machine, as I have to work with excel often for my major. I have a desktop in my dorm so I don't need anything that packs a huge punch.

ThinkPad X131e with an i3-3227u. Powerful enough for light gayming, sturdy as fuck, and are like 137 USD on eBay. Prefect for students with the 11.6in form factor

>small
Thinkpad X series
>good all-rounder
Thinkpad T series
>muh games
Yoga series with a dedicated GPU
>I don't want a thinkpad
ASUS F, X ,Z and R series
>I want to spend a lot of money
any Dell.

I could say maybe an Acer Aspire v5-552g?

I currently use it for work, decent specs for casual work, nice 5-8 hrs battery life and is usually snappy. You could pick it up for $400

Is that the Facebook laptop?
Never seen one of those desu.

thinkpad