Alright, you know the drill:

Last thread: If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.

I know a good bit about hardware, but I can't into programming and have never had a job before.

I want to get a job, maybe freelancing. I've been looking into Field Nation, wat do?

Does anybody have any experience with Field Nation or Work Market, or just general freelancing/contracting?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.softpedia.com/news/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-and-ubuntu-linux-500635.shtml
hardforum.com/threads/understanding-3-pin-and-4-pin-case-cpu-fans.1411845/
i.4cdn.org/adv/
is.Sup
boards(dot)Sup
pastebin.com/6JmKfd82
worcester.craigslist.org/sys/5830747546.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is the best torrenting client for Windows?

I know I'm going to catch flak for this, but I still say uTorrent 2.2.1, as much as I hate the fact. I've tried many times to get away from it, but every time I do I find that the other clients either do not perform as well when seeding 600+ torrents at once (which uTorrent handles without a hitch) or has some other critical flaw that prevented me from using it long term.

is there any way for me to dual boot the latest Ubuntu and my host win10 without USB, DVD etc?

What do you mean "without USB"? You mean install it without USB? That will require some fiddling.

If you just mean dual booting two OSes on the same hard drive, then sure, that's easy. Just make two different partitions and install one OS to each, the rest should take care of itself most likely.

Probably Deluge. Transmission if possible.

Uhhhhhhh

This is the first time I've heard of partitioning a hard drive..

But yes I want to dual boot (have the option to choose win10 or ubuntu on startup) I'm just severely computer illiterate. Is there a YouTube video that can help me partition and accomplish this?

You may actually be able to do it from the Windows or Ubuntu installer, just have the first one format the drive and create a partition smaller than the total space available, have the second partition the rest of the drive.

If not just google GParted or something, it's pretty self-explanatory and there's probably tutorials out there somewhere.

If you want to dual boot, put GParted onto a DVD, then separate the drive into partitions.

Alternatively, you can resize the partitions after installing Windows (always install Windows first!), then install Ubuntu in the unallocated partition.

I think I'm in way over my head and I'll probably give up but thanks man

Hate cmd.exe and thinking about making my Windows less of a game space and more of a work place.
If I were to replace it and make it more of a development area that I could still play my games on would I do cygwin or win-bash. Idk where to start, for development/ learning stuff like programming or concepts I usually boot into my Arch install but Im bored and wouldnt mind customizing Windows for once.
What do?

Where does Windows 10 store monitor geometry configuration? I want to change it to play games with my bf but I need it to be the same after.

You know those apps that let you take a photo of a page, select the corners, and get a "scanned" photo/pdf? Is there a website that does the same? I've tried googling around and cannot find something like it.

I submitted a request to be excused from jury duty and now the page says

>Current Juror Status:

>Ended

Does that mean my request was approved already? But I just submitted it a minute ago... I was under the impression I'd have to wait a while for a person to get to it and look into it. It said "Summoned" before I submitted the request.

I have a I5-4460, should i buy a cheap GA-B85M-D3H or save and buy a H97/Z97 motherboard?

What is the difference between 3 and 4 pin fan connectors?

Which one is better?
uBlock or Adblock Latitude?

uBlock Origin.

Make a work VM for Windows and play games on bare metal.

You don't have to make choices nowadays because you can boot Windows Gayme Host, then run Windows Work VM, and an Archteenhobby VM at the same fucking time.

Why is programming so fucking hard?

Transmission, ignore the dumb fucks in this thread (there is a way to turn off seeding)

news.softpedia.com/news/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-and-ubuntu-linux-500635.shtml

hardforum.com/threads/understanding-3-pin-and-4-pin-case-cpu-fans.1411845/

Have you tried both?

After crashing intermittently, firefox suddenly decided it wasn't going to stop crashing. Specifically, whenever I tried to type anything at all into the address bar, or even when I tried to type stuff into search forms, I got a crash. I tried to reinstall it, I purged my history and my profiles, and nothing at all has gotten it to work. If anything, it got even worse because now I get a plugin container crash message whenever it crashes, too. How the hell do I fix this? Or at least, how do I get a clean, fresh install of firefox?

I got a define r5 case. Is cleaning the dust filters enough?
Should I worry about the dust of the cables or just inside the pc?
I basically put it to its side below my desk so its facing my legs and put all the cables to its other side facing the wall so I dont see the bad cable managment.

uBlock Origin is better because its pretty much a hosts list, it will block anything it attempts to connect to your PC.

how to clean my mouse? its getting sticky and oily.
what about keycaps? Any way to clean them without having to wait a whole day for them to dry?

Fucking christ Windows 10.

Any ideas? Maybe some Metro app?
How do I actually determine what is shitting up my pagefile since resource monitor ain't giving me jack.

Also, if it means anything at all, I ran ccleaner to clean up the registry earlier and had firefox updated with ninite. Those are the only things I can remember being different.

And no "just ignoring it" is not the solution since Windows proceeds to bitch about it being out of virtual memory.

It's set to automatically manage but never actually goes down so once it DOES fill up, restarting is the only temporary solution.

It's bullshit.

How do I get rid of DNSunlocker ads on popcorn time and steam? They no longer show up for me in Firefox. Pic unrelated.

Is it safe to put an i7 processor in a case designed for an i5?

Could be a memory leak. When I first installed W10 I had an issue with one of my drivers for an old TV tuner or something that caused that.

Piss on it

ok desu senpai, I'm trying to figure out why the fuck pale meme keeps freezing as soon as I enter certain sites, so I'm cleaning up my addons

just upgrade to 7 without any updates

Is this a real thing that you can buy?

I'd rather not have to deal with driver support.

Aside from this and the NSA Windows 10 is sufficient. However for some reason it finds a way to fill up the entire pagefile slowly over time, complain about it, then do nothing to fix it.

Maybe I should just disable it and yolo 4GB.

Quit being a cuck

Too late, trying out no pagefile now.

Suck my dick Windows 10.

best ftp client for android?

I like Deluge when it's not memory leaking, which is most of the time.

Applefag here. I'm trying to download the latest OS via BitTorrent. The desktop is currently out of action and won't work until 10.12 is installed. Long story. I'm using a shitty Xperia E smartphone and slow limited public WiFi to dl the 4.7 GB file. But even now at 74.2% it's taken TWO weeks. Estimated 10 more days before it's finished. Respect to the man who provides me a well-seeded 10.12 torrent.

how the heck do i customize grub on debian
on ubuntu i just used a ppa to get grub-customizer, on arch it was on the default or aur idk basically really simple why is debian so retarded

Well, why the fuck do you want to be one?

Hard how?

Picking a language?
Finding a problem?
Finding a solution (coding)?

Just do what's comfortable.

oh shit i meant to post this on the linux one

reposting from last thread
I'm in the market for a mic and some other voice recording equipment but am not really sure where to start.
Blue Yeti is universally recommended, but I haven't gotten a response as to what I should look for in accessories like pop filters
Also wondering what the best recording and video editing software would be for doing basic narration stuff on Windows 10

what do I need to whitelist in ublock in order to get /adv/ to work right? I've added

i.4cdn.org/adv/
is.Sup Forums.org/adv/

but it still wont update threads or let me post replies.

*boards(dot)Sup Forums.org/adv/

Is there a program that can detect if an image is corrupted?

Is there anything I can do to speed up a torrent when downloading?

I'm downloading this one 4.7 GB file and it's taken TWO weeks at 74.2% right now.

Anyone knows batch? Found a script online. Want the "tvshow.info" file to be made in the parent folder instead of the folder the script it ran from...

pastebin.com/6JmKfd82

Find a better seeded torrent

I wanna buy that PC.

This days seems possible to make easy.

So my graphics card ate shit and died a month ago, and I'm planning on buying a new one on Black Friday/cyber Monday.

I'm kinda torn on what to pick up. My budget is $400-500, so a GTX 1070 fits in perfectly, but I'm wondering if it's worth springing extra for a 1080.

I mostly play pretty easy to run games. WoW, Dota, and Overwatch, with the occasional triple A title that grabs my interest. My justification for getting a 1080 is to be able to run these games at 1440, and at over 120fps.

Is a 1070 perfect for my needs? Or should I spring for the 1080?

Also I've heard that EVGA cards have been eating shit lately, which manufacturer should I look at instead? My friend has a MSI 1070 and has no issues.

I need those articles about how linux mint hijacks package namespaces and how it's bad in general. Friend Shills linux mint like nobody's business need him to stop

They all suck, I settled for AndFTP

>that wallpaper
boy I had that like 7 years ago. mind sharing?

How do I rip/extract the google halloween 2016 game? is it a swf and just encrypted or something?

worcester.craigslist.org/sys/5830747546.html

Good buy? Yes or no? I'm looking for a desktop and I'm looking to drop about 600 or so dollars.

I've never built a desktop before and I wouldn't really be able to with my current situation.

I wish I could, my computers completely unusable right now. I've been using my laptop for work and school for the past month. Every time I boot up my computer I get some crazy artifacting before my display driver crashes. It's not like my card is overheating either, it doesn't go above 50c

I made a thread asking for help a while back, but everyone just told me my shits fucked and I need a new card, even got some of my friends to help me troubleshoot.

Ubuntu actually has a nifty slider and will detect windows when you go to install it

>worcester.craigslist.org/sys/5830747546.html
Might just need to upgrade GPU and repaste CPU

T-Mobile is selling a rebranded version of ASUS RT-AC68U AC1900 router for $75. Is this a good deal for a router? I'm in need of a router asap. I want to get rid of my ISP's router and not pay them anymore.

oh, sorry, i don't know about that. allies in crashing computers, though. my drive almost died on me so i had to buy a new one, my one external drive disconnects itself all the time, worst of all it's a laptop but i have to use its as a desktop pc because if i move the charger 1 microcentimeter it stops charging (even if i dont move it, it happens anyhow)... good luck boy

What's your "current situation" that prevents you sticking together half a dozen registered and color coded components? The only tool needed is a screwdriver, and it's so easy a gamer can do it.

Is Sup Forums still a queer space?

It wasn't, until you got here.

Am I really that influential? :D

I want to run 7 monitors off my computer running windows 7
how do I do this without buying stupid expensive matrox cards?

Are you a day trader?

That influential, no. That queer, yes.

no I just like lurking

Im trying to use a flac file that i torrented, when i opened the folder i had a .cue file the cover image and another flac file, how do i use the .cue file?

What's the best sports candy?

what're some encoding or encryption methods that output as two characters and a space i.e X1 A2

i ended up finding a way on my own thanks though!

it should just be able to be opened in VLC
CUE is just a playlsit file

wait for the cue

So I'm running a HTC Desire 816 (Virgin Mobile) with Cynaogenmod on it because the bloatwere was so much on stock that I can only install like 4 apps. The issue is that for data, I have to run a fix for Virgin Mobile phones to reconnect to LTE whenever I get enter a area with no reception for LTE which involves me rebooting my phone and doing a dirty flash.

Is there any way around this? To try and force it to reconnect to LTE without having to reboot or am I fucked? On stock, it connected fine, it's just on Cyanogenmod it has issues.

sick burn

Does Sup Forums have a certified, recommended site to download OS .iso files? I've downloaded two different Win98 .iso's and none of them will boot on VirtualBox or VMWare, and the one that did didn't install the OS correctly.

Get your current running folder and point it to ../ folder, or something like that

Should I renew my FSF membership?

Are straight guys still obsessed with anal sex?

Does anybody have a ready to go syntax of ffmpeg for converting mp4 to webm from a certain time to a certain time?

straight guy here
yee

I use qBittorrent for public trackers because that built in search engine is comfy as fuck. Transmission for private trackers because I can leave it on all the time with basically no impact whatsoever.

A lot of straight guys like anal for fetishistic reasons.
Some guys like that their girl is letting them do it even though it (may) cause discomfort.
Some guys like the taboo.
Some guys like it because it makes them feel more dominant.
Some guys like shit.
But yes, some guys like to pretend they're fucking a hairless cakeboi's lovehole.

Personally I think it's disgusting. That's where poop comes from.

Babies are more disgusting than poop.

Yes

Only because they themselves poop. And vomit. And do horrible things to the objectively superior sex hole on their way out. And whine. And cost a fuckton of money. And are honestly pretty disgusting to abort too. God damn babies suck. I love not having balls.

...can I have it please?

How worried should I be after a BSoD?

How worried should I be if I have 2-3 in the same week?

Depends on what's causing it.

Degenerate tranny faggot get out.

Are WiFi extenders a meme?

I desperately need something to fix this fucking awful connection I get in my room.

If they aren't, what are some Sup Forums approved ones?

Have you been alone in your room for so long you've forgotten cis women exist?

I'm not a tranny though. I got testicular torsion when I was a teenager and my retarded Bible thumper parents punished me because they thought it was from masturbating when I complained about it. After a week it got really bad and they finally believed me when I was laying in bed screaming in pain so they took me to the hospital but by then it was too late.

Winamp keeps crashing and I can't find any music players that I like to replace it. Tried AIMP, Foobar2000, and Clementine. Are there any good replacements?

So I've been thinking about getting a Chromebook for Linux but I have one question, how do I buy a replacement battery for it when the old one dies out?

There's a particular chromebook model (Dell Chromebook 13) That I might get from a friend but I can't find battery replacements anywhere.