So when Microsoft ends Skylake support for windows 7 in 2018, how will that affect users?

So when Microsoft ends Skylake support for windows 7 in 2018, how will that affect users?

Like will it stop a system from working or?

You know like 5 minutes on Google would give you the answer right?

Except it didn't.
All the tech websites said MS would stop supporting it.

That's why I asked here.

who gives a shit windows 7 is ancient now and in 2 years even worse.

w10 is only shit if you used the windows upgrade instead of a fresh install

Just because it's old doesn't make it bad. I will take Windows 7 with me to the grave.

Keep your spyware

It will cause minor incompatibility issues you will never give a single fuck about.

microshaft dropping "support" does not mean you won't be able to boot and run a desktop with a skylake processor. This is also why you can install windows XP on a skylake desktop and have no noticeable problems.

actually xp and skylake have problems galore.

5th gen stuff works ok through except usb 3 issues.

>It will cause minor incompatibility issues you will never give a single fuck about.
Like what? Instruction set compatibility? Has anyone said anything more than just compatibility issues?

Pry it from my cold dead hands punk.

more like
"my skylake pc has bugs with windows 7"
"not our fault upgrade to 10 ;^)"

Literally just went back to win7 from win10.
Win7 has WAYyyy lower latency

Win10 didn't improve on anything

Microshit could just simply ask jewtel to pull another EHCI->xHCI, never release a patch for W7//8/8.1, ask to make the middle/high end consumer boards with no PS/2 ports, remove EHCI/legacy option in bios and everything older than a new W10 release get royally fucked as they can't use any motherboard port for input.
That's just for saying as while even with that you can still install it, if there's no patch you will still need them to actually use the ports, and just the hassle for it would make any consumer either go for shit10 or another OS, yet probably 90% of W7/8/8.1 userbase don't know how or don't wan't to use any non-windows OS or know how to correctly deploy a VM with a pcie passthru to play gayms.

I figuratively just went back to win7 from win10.

just use classic shell.

Besides windows 7 has so many fucking security problems its literally worse than XP ever was

>Microsoft dropped XP support
>ATMs are still working fine
>hey guise?? Will my l33t gaming rig not work anym0re in 2016??

Kys

Basically nothing.

It will automatically wipe your HDD at midnight. Or install Windows 10.

pretty sure it just means they won't offer updates for it anymore. no big deal.

skylake completely redid a lot of the PCH stuff compared with the earlier gen processors, so mostly just drivers and some instruction set incompatibilities.

>Like will it stop a system from working or?
Yeah, don't you remember what happened when support for Windows XP and 98 ended?

Windows made me install Manjaro w/Xfce (comfy). I was going to dual boot into Win7 for gayming but I have a bin full of cables and passthrough is easy. No point in using Windows except for games atm. I'm not some audio/graphic fag though.

I can answer this.

I play only old games (2000-08) so I was hoping to buy a Skylake with integrated HD 530 (Pentium G4500) in the future, as it would be enough for me. Tom's hardware gpu list puts HD 530 miles ahead of my Geforce 210.

While searching for its graphics driver I noticed drivers are available only for Win7 and later, not for WinXP.
This means if I use XP I may not be able to fully utilize the integrated graphics. This is not a major problem currently as I can use Win7 but some games don't glitch on XP.

When Skylake support ends, there won't be any updated graphics driver for Win7.
The later driver will only support Win10.

as long as skylake keeps being a x86 processor nothing will change. even kaby lake will run on win7. intel won't release drivers for the graphics unit though.

No Skylake support means that it won't support the latest AVX instructions and intel digital rights management module that they snuck into Skylake.

So you get slightly lower benchmarks in the 0 programs that use those.